Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if I got in possession of the Alicorn Amulet?

Props Valroa

Remember what happened to Sunset when she put on the Element of Magic in her human world that up to that point was devoid of magic?

I have a feeling something like that would happen, because if we learned anything from that franchise, is that powerful magical objects, when transported to the human world, have the ability to turn ordinary people into literal demons.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 1

15 minutes ago, cmarston1 said:

Remember what happened to Sunset when she put on the Element of Magic in her human world that up to that point was devoid of magic?

I have a feeling something like that would happen, because if we learned anything from that franchise, is that powerful magical objects, when transported to the human world, have the ability to turn ordinary people into literal demons.

So, the element of Magic is 'good' isn't it? Isn't the Alicorn Amulet 'evil' ? So wouldn't it be Evil Magic and be more powerful? I'm thinking I would probably get the red eyes and personality changes, but when Trixie put it on she didn't really have any physical changes....but it is the human world...

Probably nothing. I got the impression it could only affect unicorns. But if it could affect a human, you'd probably become a meglomaniac like Trixie, and possibly some kind of dark/destructive magic along with it.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, pnylvr said:

Probably nothing. I got the impression it could only affect unicorns. But if it could affect a human, you'd probably become a meglomaniac like Trixie, and possibly some kind of dark/destructive magic along with it.

I am already a meglomaniac to an extent lol

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...
On 4/22/2017 at 5:31 PM, Twilight Witch said:

I am already a meglomaniac to an extent lol

Can't brohoof hard enough. I hear you, If I'm given any magic, all shuckidarn is breaking loose!

The way I see it, is that the Alicorn Amulet isn't all that important. It only showed up once, am I right? If it immediately made you equal to an actual alicorn, then don't you think the leading alicorns would make a point of keeping it under wraps? Like a veritable Equestrian SCP!

Then again, we did see Trixie create pretty much a town-sized teacup to seal the town in. Pretty showy, that. 

I see it as merely a magic battery/focus of sorts. She did, after all, buy it from a shady salestallion in some run-down novelty shop in some crummy, cobblestone town. Not exactly the place to sell nukes. Think the point of it was to sort of act as a ramp to the wearers capabilities. It didn't turn her evil, because after all, she went in with antagonistic desires. It was basically a tool and other then a red tint to her magic it didn't really make her do anything an already rash mare wouldn't have done anyway. It didn't even have that much of an evil, leech-like grip on her either, because that's how they ended the drama after all is basically by conning her into getting greedy and taking the thing off & reverting her back to her usual showspony sleight of hoof magic.

Hmm... do think there were several lines in there how it was drawing upon her own energy though. Like her pernicious & vindictive aims fed its power, which in turn kept her in that angry haze to not consider alternatives. 

In short, the Amulet appears to work by amplifying pre-existing magic. Magic is something as inherent in ponies as... well, life force. I would say that requires a magical being to wear it, but... and no offense to Miss, Lulamoon, but it wasn't working off of much magic power to begin with. We're not dealing with The One Ring here after all, any magical talisman has severe limits as to what it can do since it has to be stored power, after all, instead of a source. 

Granted, of course, its taking an item built to be in one universe with specific relations to a certain species, it shouldn't have any experience with a new species, but there should be notable effects either way. Sort of like taking somebeing else's medication. It wasn't meant for you, but boy howdy will you feel it! Just hope the side effects aren't too bad...

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Widdershins said:

Can't brohoof hard enough. I hear you, If I'm given any magic, all shuckidarn is breaking loose!

The way I see it, is that the Alicorn Amulet isn't all that important. It only showed up once, am I right? If it immediately made you equal to an actual alicorn, then don't you think the leading alicorns would make a point of keeping it under wraps? Like a veritable Equestrian SCP!

Then again, we did see Trixie create pretty much a town-sized teacup to seal the town in. Pretty showy, that. 

I see it as merely a magic battery/focus of sorts. She did, after all, buy it from a shady salestallion in some run-down novelty shop in some crummy, cobblestone town. Not exactly the place to sell nukes. Think the point of it was to sort of act as a ramp to the wearers capabilities. It didn't turn her evil, because after all, she went in with antagonistic desires. It was basically a tool and other then a red tint to her magic it didn't really make her do anything an already rash mare wouldn't have done anyway. It didn't even have that much of an evil, leech-like grip on her either, because that's how they ended the drama after all is basically by conning her into getting greedy and taking the thing off & reverting her back to her usual showspony sleight of hoof magic.

Hmm... do think there were several lines in there how it was drawing upon her own energy though. Like her pernicious & vindictive aims fed its power, which in turn kept her in that angry haze to not consider alternatives. 

In short, the Amulet appears to work by amplifying pre-existing magic. Magic is something as inherent in ponies as... well, life force. I would say that requires a magical being to wear it, but... and no offense to Miss, Lulamoon, but it wasn't working off of much magic power to begin with. We're not dealing with The One Ring here after all, any magical talisman has severe limits as to what it can do since it has to be stored power, after all, instead of a source. 

Granted, of course, its taking an item built to be in one universe with specific relations to a certain species, it shouldn't have any experience with a new species, but there should be notable effects either way. Sort of like taking somebeing else's medication. It wasn't meant for you, but boy howdy will you feel it! Just hope the side effects aren't too bad...

Quite interesting there. Since we have known eachother for quite sometime... what powers do you think it would give me? Lets minus the...one species thing here.

Edited by Twilight Witch
  • Brohoof 1

@Twilight Witch Well, as I said, t'would work more as an enhancement then a granting of powers. Considering how most think of humans as magic-less, there wouldn't be too much to work with. Perhaps smarter or stronger or pull out something hidden deep inside... like whatever happened to Sunset Shimmer, who, by all rights, should have counted as human for as much time as she had spent out of her original dimension. 

It won't turn you evil, but it could turn you into a demon still.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Widdershins said:

Eh, yeah, but who could predict the results of fiddling with talismans from other realms? Being specific for something like "It'd let me cast shadowbolts" would be far too presumptuous.

Heh, perhaps your right there. I wonder what it would feel like though...the actual amulet itself and how big it would be, how much it would weigh..

27 minutes ago, Widdershins said:

@Twilight Witch  Well, maybe some three to four inches tall, about the size of a bottle bottom, perhaps. Not too hard to imagine, I'd say.

Alicorn_Amulet.jpg

But I think we may be somewhere's off topic now!

Off topic, I would definetly buy that. Who cares if it will corrupt me, its gold and I want it!

But EG has established that humans don't possess any magic, so the amulet would probably just be a big hunk of metal around your neck.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Ninetales said:

Off topic, I would definetly buy that. Who cares if it will corrupt me, its gold and I want it!

But EG has established that humans don't possess any magic, so the amulet would probably just be a big hunk of metal around your neck.

One that I'd keep hidden and under my possesion lol.

Depends on when and where.  Magic is scarce in our world, harshly driven out by the same forces that drove out the fair folk of the hills, the dragons and the spirits of land, pond and tree.  But find the right time and place and if you put it on I'd wager that a portal would open up to Equestria. 

• Brohoof 2