Funding MLP Forums, Part 1 - Subscriptions

Twilight Sparkle ✨

Jokuc, I could hook you up with a subscription billed every several months or even by the year, instead of by the month. Would that work for you?

But then I'd still have to pay on a certain day instead of choosing myself when to pay..

Maybe it would work, I don't know, but I don't understand why we cannot keep the normal donation system ( which I like alot better myself)

Jokuc, I believe with the proposed subscription system users can still chose when to pay.

Imma gonna keep bringing it up until humanity is dead when it's relevant.

It's the core feature of humanity to establish "Us" and "Them" if given the option.

Previous behaviour points money to be one of the deciding dividers in the past.

As Feld has already said, since October, when the forum first started donors have never shown this kind of behaviour. So that argument, while not completely baseless, can be deemed irrelevant in the case of these forums.

And the rest of your argument, that the luxury of these forums isn't a necessity. That is mostly opinion based, and I can empathise that other forums with significantly lesser expenses can be just as good as any other, but I think that we should keep all the features we currently have.

Good day sir.

As Feld has already said, since October, when the forum first started donors have never shown this kind of behaviour. So that

argument, while not completely baseless, can be deemed irrelevant in the case of these forums.

And the rest of your argument, that the luxury of these forums isn't a necessity. That is mostly opinion based, and I can empathise that other forums with significantly lesser expenses can be just as good as any other, but I think that we should keep all the features we currently have.

Good day sir.

It will happen if allowed.

#opinions

Never said the should be less, just that ends must meet realistically.

No-one can live above their income, same goes for anything else as well.

Better to be prepared than have it suddenly crash on you if that does happen.

Das what planning involves, being prepared for any foreseeable outcome.

MLPForums has grown on me to an extent, and voicing concerns about what if not is something that must be said as well when discussing the future of the site.

Plans have a habit of failing from time to time.

And it is ma'am. x3

This is a good idea. The reason I donate $10 a month right now is because it's easy to keep track of. With the new system, I won't have to worry about forgetting, and I can donate more when possible. I like it. ^_^

As soon as I get a steady income and a checking account/debit card, I'll start donating.

• 5 weeks later...

My mother's finally letting me donate. It'll only be on the Helper tier but that's like, half my allowance. :)

• Brohoof 1