Should Starlight become the mentor of a troubled youngster?

SaburoDaimando

In a previous post about Starlight, I mentioned the idea of her becoming a Mentor to another youngster, one who has had a troubled past like she did.

The main reason why I want Starlight to go down this path is to help teach her patience, as a means of making sure her impulses are in check, and to have a surrogate little sister(or brother) to inspire and give hope to.

What do you guys think?  Should the student become the teacher like it happened with Twilight?

Neither. Starlight should become the new Captain of the Royal Guard, since Shining Armor has proven on multiple occasions he is incompetent. (It's ok, Twily can comfort her brother on a daily basis <3)

Starlight's magic is so damn overpowered I have little doubt she will struggle with any opposition at all =^-^= (Maybe she'll struggle with herself instead lol. Her mind seems to be her biggest enemy)

• Brohoof 3

I don't think so...

It would seem like the show would be repeating its self but with Starlight as the mane focus...

Perhaps something else could work better to portray this like her friendship did in All bottled up!

Not yet. Give Starlight a little more time to mature in the ways of friendship, especially with Trixie. She's developing a close friendship with someone besides Sunburst for the first time in her life and I think that should be enough for now. I adore the idea of Starlight taking on the role of mentor to a young pony, but I think she's going down a satisfactory alternate path at the moment.

Well, maybe not a mentor, but I can see a Starlight and CMC episode that also features Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. I can see a conversation happening between Starlight and the prior bullies. Unfortunately too much time has elapsed since CotLM for them to make an attempt to atone feel natural. 

Not a mentor role, or even a full episode, but a small scene where three wayward souls share a moment or connection -- that would be a nice touch. 

While I like the implications here, I don't think this could work, at least not yet. Even with what she has learned so far, Starlight herself comes across to me as a troubled youngster, still needing plenty of guidance herself. Giving her someone younger to look after would be a risky thing.

• Brohoof 1

To an extent, I think Trixie counts. "All Bottled Up" certainly shows that Starlight might need to be patient while teaching her magic. Does less for having a surrogate sibling, admittedly. 

Maybe Starlight is not yet ready to take a protege. Then again, becoming a mentor may also serve to develop her as well. Learning is a two-way street, fact that many ignore