Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Starlight Glimmer's Age

Photon Jet

On 6/13/2017 at 5:45 PM, K.Rool Addict said:

I don't go by the voice actresses, but by the voices they bring to the table. Tara, for example, has shown she is capable of doing very young sounding voices. But Starlight's voice within the show very clearly makes her seem significantly older than Twilight. My guess would be 5-15 years older :o 

Also, I always assumed Rarity WAS the oldest. She runs her own boutique (even since the start of the series). While Applekjack runs the Apple Farm, she at least gets a lot of help and morale support from her family. Whereas, Rarity has done pretty much all of it herself. If the rest of the Mane6 were around 20 in human years, Rarity would be 25 imho. Obviously the whole flashback to when they got their cutie marks simultaneously seems to disprove this... but still! >.<

Well, cutie marks aren't directly related to age, some get them later than others. Fluttershy is apparently a year older than Pinkie Pie. 

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Starlight is about 5 years younger than Twilight imo. I personally think Twilight could be around 27 or even older especially in this season so i don't think it's a leap to say Starlight is 22. Every micro hint in the show hints to Starlight being younger.

Edited by Kadeda

6 hours ago, titanhades70 said:

It's actually been proven that Starlight is younger than Twilight. Her scenes with Maud actually proove this fact.

I'll bite the bait... which scenes and how do they prove her age compared to Twilight's?

• Brohoof 1

On 13/6/2017 at 8:34 PM, Steve Piranha said:

Well, FiM are very vague with the ponies' ages. I wouldn't rely on the VAs actual ages nor if they use their natural voices on their characters as the voice it's not always concistent with age. Tara Strong natural voice sounds like a woman in her 20s, despite being twice as old herself. 

I do agree on the popular consensus here: Starlight is older than the Mane6. Sure, she sometimes doesn't show much maturity when she loses control, but she had that air of someone older when she was a villain. Mannerism, voice, intelligence.... something that's usually associated with older people. I think that the oldest Mane6 is in her mid 20s, but I think Starlight is in her late 20s if not early 30s. She still looks like a teen when crossing the portal, but that may be an art choice, as in real life, teens look hardly different than young adults, and a woman in her mid 20 and even early 30s dressing like Starlight is not unheard off  

you don't understand, the mane 6 and starlight look like young adults but they are teenagers. the equestria girls characters look very similar to the young adults in the real life, a teenager doesn't have that. the CMC looks like teenagers but they are childs

they have 17/21 years old

Edited by Van123
  • Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Van123 said:

you don't understand, the mane 6 and starlight look like young adults but they are teenagers. the equestria girls characters look very similar to the young adults in the real life, a teenager doesn't have that. the CMC looks like teenagers but they are childs

they have 17/21 years old

The Main Six has to be in their mid to late 20's at this point. I don't know how you think they might be teenagers.... since there is even a teenager body now. I don't even think they were teenagers when the show started.

Edited by Kadeda
  • Brohoof 2

15 hours ago, Kadeda said:

The Main Six has to be in their mid to late 20's at this point. I don't know how you think they might be teenagers.... since there is even a teenager body now. I don't even think they were teenagers when the show started.

I've analyzed their appearances and they are similar to young adults and their size, i noticed that. 

As the princess disney, totally spies and monster high, they look like young adults like them but they are teenagers too.

Edited by Van123

14 hours ago, Van123 said:

I've analyzed their appearances and they are similar to young adults and their size, i noticed that. 

As the princess disney, totally spies and monster high, they look like young adults like them but they are teenagers too.

Completely different shows... that has nothing to do with ponies, There is no logic behind thinking they are younger than they appear.

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, Kadeda said:

Completely different shows... that has nothing to do with ponies, There is no logic behind thinking they are younger than they appear.

there are logic of resemble each other. There is no denying it.

Edited by Van123