Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you could go back

RedStar2017

What would be the one thing you could change for MLP? Me, I'd probably give Vinyl Scratch (DJP0n3) an actual voice actor not like the voices in those MLP parody videos like "I am Octavia" and videos like that

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Personally, I don't want to change anything in the show!

However, I do wish I had started watching Friendship is Magic when it first started in 2010 instead of just after Season 3 in 2013. That way, I could have seen firsthand all the ups and downs in the fan base as well as the outside world's reaction to the Brony Phenomenon back then!

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

There are several things that I would have changed.

For starters I would have changed the look of Rainbow Power in the season 4 finale to look more like Meteor Spark's designs

Image result for meteor sparkle rainbow power

I also wouldn't have introduced Twilight's castle in the finale either, instead I would have had the Tree of Harmony restore the Castle of The Two Sisters and give it the cutie map, and make that be Twilight's new home.

And for the season 5 finale I would have changed Starlight's backstory and have it be that growing up she obtained her cutie mark in magic at a young age, causing the other young ponies in her village to tease her and treat her poorly, not helping matters were her strict parents who forced her into spending all of her time and energy into studying magic, causing the other children to treat her like a snob. Sunburst was her only friend and the day he got his cutie mark and was sent to Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns was the straw that broke the camel's back, causing her to hate cutie marks.  I could also change the rest of the season 5 finale so that the whole timelines could fit a bit more with this whole backstory/be able to fit it in.

If the Equestria Girls films count, than I would have changed the main characters designs a little bit by making them look more like their deleted animatic counterparts, and remove the apples on Applejack's boots, get rid of the diamonds on Rarity's skirt, as well as the balloons on Pinkie's skirt, and the butterflies on Fluttershy's skirt. as well as get rid of the belt and bow tie from Sci Twi's new outfit.

Also obvious answer of removing Newbie Dash and replacing it with an episode where Rainbow Dash finally becomes a wonderbolt but without painful cringe comedy.

The last idea I have would be to rework Honest Apple into an episode where Rarity invites Fluttershy to be a judge for the fashion show and the problem would be that Fluttershy's criticisms were too vague and directionless or something along those lines.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)
11 minutes ago, cmarston1 said:

I also wouldn't have introduced Twilight's castle in the finale either, instead I would have had the Tree of Harmony restore the Castle of The Two Sisters and give it the cutie map, and make that be Twilight's new home.

I hate to debate you, but having the Royal Sisters' castle become Twilight's new home has one huge problem: It's DEEP in the woods far away from town AND her Friends! She can't be the Princess of Friendship if her castle is isolated from her friends!

You can keep the rest of your changes but this change wouldn't work!

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 1

-I would not make the villains so powerful that if they had the brain cells not to let the Mane 6 win in any way, the show would end in moments.
-No Elements of Harmony, for turning villain fights into Mettaton Neo's:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXW1dh2XH9Y
-Actually train the Mane 6 to protect Equestria from various threats.
-Ensure there are multiple Bayonetta-style video game tie-ins.

(edited)

Erase Newbie Dash from existence  and replace it with something that isn't a huge middle finger 

Edited by The Undefeated of the Weast
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Kyoshi said:

I would go back and give everyone positive assurance after season 3. The hiatus between season 3 and 4 was dreadful and depressing. The fandom was basically at a low for most of it.

You tell me, I've barely joined the fandom only for the show to end practically immediately afterwards :scots: ? I know that didn't happened, but there were more chances that Magical Mystery Cure was the end than not :lol: 

Speaking of wish, I would join the fandom earlier for starters :lol:. But I'm not sure if I wanna go back in the first place because life was shit until a half a year ago :dash:. I mean, it'll be sure fun to see the high point of the fandom, but not at the price of returning to an awful and hopeless life in the ghetto, plus not having control of your own life :scots:

• Brohoof 2

12 hours ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Personally, I don't want to change anything in the show!

However, I do wish I had started watching Friendship is Magic when it first started in 2010 instead of just after Season 3 in 2013. That way, I could have seen firsthand all the ups and downs in the fan base as well as the outside world's reaction to the Brony Phenomenon back then!

That's interesting as I think I agree with you for the most part, but hearing about the drama over Magical Mystery Cure in hindsight actually makes me glad I missed it as I joined the fandom after season 4 when it had since blown over, and it doesn't sound like I would have enjoyed being caught up in that.

I also don't think I'd change much about the show, other than maybe erasing some of season 6's lower quality episodes like Applejack's Day off and replacing them with more adequate character driven episodes.  In the case of Applejack's Day Off I'd actually change it to a Twilight episode as it would have made far more sense for Twilight to be the one who needlessly complicates her routine and for Applejack to be the voice of reason as that's more in line with their respective characters.  

Also on a note that's unrelated to the show, there was that time I told a Brony to go outside back when I wasn't one.  I'd go back and not do that.

• Brohoof 1