Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Morals the show hasn't taught

Dec Browne

(edited)

Now, MLP's taught a lot of great morals in its time. What morals hasn't the show taught, though? Do you think it'll ever tap into the world of non-friendship morals?

Edited by Dec Browne
Grammar
  • Brohoof 1

This seems like an interesting topic, as I've thought about this myself. I'd contribute a moral for the discussion, but I haven't finished the show yet so I better wait (else I state something that has been done). I will follow this though! :kindness:

• Brohoof 1

They already have done lessons that have nothing to do with Friendship. Two of the most relatable lessons to me came from "Testing, Testing 1, 2, 3" and "Flutter Brutter".

In TT123, the lesson was there's more than one way to study.

In FB, the lesson was Sometimes you have to do things even though you might fail. Quiting isn't any better than failing. This particular lesson and episode is the reason I've graduated at long last from University!

• Brohoof 3

(edited)
4 hours ago, Singe said:

http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Rapunzel's_Enemy

It's okay, you don't have to be friends with someone you don't like.

Should we have Pinkie Pie try to befriend a boring, trousery stallion who's always going on about politics and finance?

Or we could have somepony learn not to take things that aren't theirs!

Edited by Dec Browne
  • Brohoof 2

That sometimes, friendships doesn't always work out the way it wants to. Not against it but the amount of reformations also has me thinking that it's not always that easy or simple. 

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Dec Browne said:

Should we have Pinkie Pie try to befriend a boring, trousery stallion who's always going on about politics and finance?

Or we could have somepony learn not to take things that aren't theirs!

I think the second one is a little bit better. :orly:

6 hours ago, RulesofRarity said:

Friendship isn't for everyone and that some people genuinely prefer to be on their own.

That's what could've been the moral of the Cranky Doodle Donkey episode.

• Brohoof 1

42 minutes ago, Dec Browne said:

Have we had 'It's not about winning, just having fun'?

That was kind of "Buckball Season" except they still won in the end.

There's a few different subjects I'd like to see them tackle that I think they could manage within their rating. Drug abuse is an obvious one, and yes it could in fact be handled. They're already approaching other subjects they used to shy away from, such as death.

Spoiler

The Perfect Pear helped demonstrate this by finally, for once and for all establishing that yes, Applejack's parents are canonically dead.

Beyond that though it'd be nice if they'd reexamine some of the morals they've tried to tell in the past that they've failed on. A Friend in Deed was one prime example of a failure.