Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has Spike had any good episodes?

CastletonSnob

Dude why are you being so paronoid about Spike all of a sudden? Do suddenly his episodes in season 6 or even stuff like SOME not exist anymore?

• Brohoof 4

1 minute ago, Whompy Whomperson said:

Dude why are you being so paronoid about Spike all of a sudden? Do suddenly his episodes in season 6 or even stuff like SOME not exist anymore?

Because Triple Threat sounds like he'll be an idiot again. 

How many threads about this subject are you going to make? I did not and do not think a cartoon show could/should cause this much internal dilemma.

A bad Spike episode is not ledge worthy material.

• Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, VG_Addict said:

I'm just worried Spike will got back to his pre-S6 self. 

He WON'T! We just have to remind the writers that time and time again!

Why does this post have more replies than mine?

• Brohoof 2

Just now, MegaSean45 said:

He WON'T! We just have to remind the writers that time and time again!

Why does this post have more replies than mine?

OK, what if you're wrong, and it's one of the worst episodes of the season, or the show?

• Brohoof 1

Just now, VG_Addict said:

OK, what if you're wrong, and it's one of the worst episodes of the season, or the show?

What if I'm right? Can we focus on that? If it gets bad, can we cross that bridge when we get to it? Let's just focus on the good.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, VG_Addict said:

I'm just worried Spike will got back to his pre-S6 self. 

Completely unfounded worries, man. He's been consistently good since season 6, and he's been good so far this season as well. Stop worrying.

• Brohoof 3

Just now, Celli said:

Completely unfounded worries, man. He's been consistently good since season 6, and he's been good so far this season as well. Stop worrying.

Sorry. I tend to worry about things.

• Brohoof 1

To me he has some bad ones but I think they really made up with Throx and the discord epiosode... 

two of the best.. and his birthday episode way back in season 1 wasnt bad OH oh and when he watches all the animals when the mane 6 were away... i think they really have made up for bad episode.. NOW IF IT WAS THE CCC that would be a different story...

You're being a little silly with your concern, here. No reason to complain about something which hasn't aired yet. 

With that said: I like Spike episodes more than most. Personally, the only one I don't enjoy is "Princess Spike," and I think "Owl's Well That Ends Well," "Secret of My Excess," "Dragon Quest," and "Equestria Games" have a lot more merit than people usually say, and of course both "Gauntlet of Fire" and "The Times They Are a Changeling" are rock solid.

There's a pretty good chance that "Triple Threat" will be fine. Chill. 

• Brohoof 1

Spike was rock solid in Season Six. I've always like him as a character, but they figured out how to use him in a way that can not only carry an episode, but go through personal growth while (and this is huge) actually imparting a lesson on the more mature characters -- including a pair of Princesses. That's amazing. 

Will Triple Threat be bad? I haven't seen it so I can't say. We have a recent positive track record with him so I'm going in optimistic. Here's the thing, even if it is ... the character is still good enough to warrant a pass. It won't make my opinion change one iota. He's a great character who is as integral to my enjoyment as the Mane Six. Don't let my avatar fool you, my love for Pony does not start and stop at Rarity (who doesn't have a perfect track record either -- nobody does). 

This season has shown me that when a synopsis looks troublesome, we can still get a gem. I was giddy watching Flurry of Emotion because of how well executed it was. Royal Problem also had me a little weary and I fucking loved that episode. Perfect Pair was a so anticipated that I was concerned they wouldn't deliver ... and they did ..  Oh yes they did. Basically, they have earned my optimism this season. 

Two of my bucket list items for this show revolve around Spike (his egg and having him mature out of his crush). So I have high hopes for his future potential as well. 

• Brohoof 4

10 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Spike was rock solid in Season Six. I've always like him as a character, but they figured out how to use him in a way that can not only carry an episode, but go through personal growth while (and this is huge) actually imparting a lesson on the more mature characters -- including a pair of Princesses. That's amazing. 

Will Triple Threat be bad? I haven't seen it so I can't say. We have a recent positive track record with him so I'm going in optimistic. Here's the thing, even if it is ... the character is still good enough to warrant a pass. It won't make my opinion change one iota. He's a great character who is as integral to my enjoyment as the Mane Six. Don't let my avatar fool you, my love for Pony does not start and stop at Rarity (who doesn't have a perfect track record either -- nobody does). 

This season has shown me that when a synopsis looks troublesome, we can still get a gem. I was giddy watching Flurry of Emotion because of how well executed it was. Royal Problem also had me a little weary and I fucking loved that episode. Perfect Pair was a so anticipated that I was concerned they wouldn't deliver ... and they did ..  Oh yes they did. Basically, they have earned my optimism this season. 

Two of my bucket list items for this show revolve around Spike (his egg and having him mature out of his crush). So I have high hopes for his future potential as well. 

That's two of my bucket list items for him too! I got a few others like Spike getting a destiny of some sort like an ambassador role, and Triple Threat might just deliver on that! 

• Brohoof 1

He has been good with his own episodes since season 5 or 6 and his cameo are amazing since the first episode. One episode is not going to fade all those things away. Don't worry! ;)

I understand having a strange, nagging paranoia in regards to the show, I had that during season 5 and it really bothered me until season 5 ended, so I can relate. That kind of anxiety really can affect your thinking and feelings. Try not to worry though, it can only bring you down, I know from experience. Spike has been pretty awesome over the past season and a half, his interactions have been wonderfully done with other characters. I know nothing about the upcoming episode you are talking about, haven't read anything, but even if he fumbles a bit in it, it doesn't mean he won't come out of it looking strong. Everyone can make mistakes. Spike is no different, but he can surely recover from any mistakes. ;) Just try to relax your mind on it. 

I liked Dragon Quest and Gauntlet of Fire a lot, so they're pretty good episodes to me.

Now Equestria Games and Princess Spike are not between my favorites, but I recognize the great development that Spike had on both of them, so they qualify as good episodes to me.

At the first seasons I didn't care that much about Spike, so I was biased against him and would need to watch his episodes again to give a down to earth opinion.

Cheers!