Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media What is your favorite place to go in your city? (with images please)

Ginger Ale

Hi, everyone!

What is your favorite place to go in your city? Please answer with images and the name of your city and the place's name, I would like to see how it looks like that is why.

It can be basically anywhere, a park, a forest, a restaurant, a cafe, an arcade game place, a mall. Anywhere!

Let me start with mine;

My favorite place in my city (Ankara, Turkey) is named Bench. Bench is a pub, bar and a place that also serves food. I love hanging out with my friends there and drink and socialize with them. It is located near one of the most popular streets of Ankara especially in the night time that is named Tunalı Hilmi Street.

Here is the image of that place;

bench bestekar ile ilgili görsel sonucu

(PS: Sorry it is dark but it is the best place to have the best night time with friends.)

What is your favorite place in your city? Don't forget to add your city name and your favorite place's name and image! <3

Edited by Ginger Ale
  • Brohoof 4

Looks really nice, kinda reminds me of pizzeria I've been in Ustka, Poland, though I don't remember its name...

My favorite place to go in my city...? Basically anywhere? - then it will be outskirts of my city- fields/forests, to be more specific. :D 

I like to go there in my free time during Summer - just to enjoy the day around nature in peace. :P 
Walking there fills me with positive energy, motivation and ideas. :derp: 

ohgsFV1.jpg

Name: ... I call them Equestria. :wub:  I saw ponies there few times- they looked kinda different though... :ooh:

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 5

Just now, Rikifive said:

Looks really nice, kinda reminds me of pizzeria I've been in Ustka, Poland, though I don't remember its name...

My favorite place to go in my city...? Basically anywhere? - then it will be outskirts of my city- fields/forests, to be more specific. :D 

I like to go there in my free time during Summer - just to enjoy the day around nature in peace. :P 
Walking there fills me with positive energy, motivation and ideas. :derp: 

ohgsFV1.jpg

Name: ... I call them Equestria. :wub:  I saw ponies there few times- they looked kinda different though... :ooh:

What a lovely place, I can see from here that the view with full of green plants can be the perfect place to be called as an Equestria. It seems really lovely and peaceful. <3 Hope, I can see Poland one day. I really want to go to Poland.

Just now, Hierok said:

This is a little Church in the woods, where I live nearby. I'm not religious at all, but I love the design of it. :rarity:

[photo comes later]

https://goo.gl/images/Po6Gbt

Gah! It seems lovely! So cute, I would definitely like to go there, although I am not religious too. The landscape and the location of the church are amazing.

• Brohoof 3

My favorite place to go in Copenhagen is Nyhavn and have a beer with my friends.

485.jpg

Either that or Kongens Have (The Kings Garden) and just chill.

Kongens-Have.jpg

slotshaven.jpg

1 minute ago, Royce said:

My favorite place to go in Copenhagen is Nyhavn and have a beer with my friends.

485.jpg

Kongens-Have.jpg

slotshaven.jpg

I have been to Copenhagen and the first image place that you shared that has ships. Although I was eight years old when I was having a Europe tour, I must admit, that street was colorful and full of life. Copenhagen had the cleanest streets I have ever seen when I visited there. I also love your mermaid statue in Denmark, when I was a little boy I had a crush on Ariel the mermaid so I was obsessed with mermaids. Funny story, I am gay now ^^. Lovely places though! <3

6 minutes ago, Ginger Ale said:

Gah! It seems lovely! So cute, I would definitely like to go there, although I am not religious too. The landscape and the location of the church are amazing.

Yes it is. It is the personnal church of a castle nearby. It lays deep in the woods, and there is wifi, so sometimes I sit there responding here. :twi:

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Ginger Ale said:

What a lovely place, I can see from here that the view with full of green plants can be the perfect place to be called as an Equestria. It seems really lovely and peaceful. <3 Hope, I can see Poland one day. I really want to go to Poland.

Exactly! :D 

To be honest I think there's not much to see. :derp: 

15 minutes ago, Hierok said:

This is a little Church in the woods, where I live nearby. I'm not religious at all, but I love the design of it. :rarity:

[photo comes later]

https://goo.gl/images/Po6Gbt

I'm also not religious, but the design is really nice indeed.

11 minutes ago, Royce said:

485.jpg

Kongens-Have.jpg

slotshaven.jpg

These parks tho. :wub: 

• Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, Hierok said:

Yes it is. It is the personnal church of a castle nearby. It lays deep in the woods, and there is wifi, so sometimes I sit there responding here. :twi:

What else do you want? I want to go there and spend my free times there. So peaceful and wonderful! <3

Just now, Rikifive said:

Exactly! :D 

To be honest I think there's not much to see. :derp: 

Poland not much to see? My relatives do not think so and guide books too. Even if it is true, just for that landscape you shared, I am still really wanting to visit that natural heaven.

• Brohoof 3

Just now, Ginger Ale said:

What else do you want? I want to go there and spend my free times there. So peaceful and wonderful!

It's a shame, because the castle can't afford it anymore. But we have a organisation of world art (I don't know how it's called in english: wereld erfgoedlijst) and if they set it on their list it may not be disappear, but if they don't... I have to find another place. :orly: MONEY!

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Hierok said:

It's a shame, because the castle can't afford it anymore. But we have a organisation of world art (I don't know how it's called in english: wereld erfgoedlijst) and if they set it on their list it may not be disappear, but if they don't... I have to find another place. :orly: MONEY!

That is sad, I hope you can find a prettier one though the one you shared seems the prettiest. Hope the castle stays okay and active. 

• Brohoof 1

Trinity College is by far one of the most beautiful and serene areas in the whole of Dublin. I consider it to be kind of like our version of Central Park, the place within the heart of the city that lets you step away from the noise and bustle of the busy city and just relax by one of its many parks and watch a game or two of Cricket or Football.

But by far my favorite place to visit on campus has to be the College Library, the largest of its kind within the whole of Ireland. Asides from being utterly gorgeous in its design, it's also a depository of around 5 million or so books all covering various different topics and with ages dating from modern times to as far back as the early 1400's. You could easily spend years just sitting inside and pouring over some fascinating tales of old. I often just use to do research for projects, but just being there I feel helps my concentration and motivation shoot up more-so than working anywhere else. Definitely a place I'd recommend for anyone to come and see at least once. :kindness:

And of course, it also houses the Book of Kells, an 800 AD manuscript and by far the oldest artifact that the college contains. Its location is usually full of tourists though..

1280px-Long_Room_Interior,_Trinity_Colle

• Brohoof 6

6 minutes ago, Dark Horse said:

Trinity College is by far one of the most beautiful and serene areas in the whole of Dublin. I consider it to be kind of like our version of Central Park, the place within the heart of the city that lets you step away from the noise and bustle of the busy city and just relax by one of its many parks and watch a game or two of Cricket or Football.

But by far my favorite place to visit on campus has to be the College Library, the largest of its kind within the whole of Ireland. Asides from being utterly gorgeous in its design, it's also a depository of around 5 million or so books all covering various different topics and with ages dating from modern times to as far back as the early 1400's. You could easily spend years just sitting inside and pouring over some fascinating tales of old. I often just use to do research for projects, but just being there I feel helps my concentration and motivation shoot up more-so than working anywhere else. Definitely a place I'd recommend for anyone to come and see at least once. :kindness:

And of course, it also houses the Book of Kells, an 800 AD manuscript and by far the oldest artifact that the college contains. Its location is usually full of tourists though..

Wow, this is making me stay speechless. I am amazed. It, it is wonderful!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Moe Desu said:

I guess it would be the SM Megamall, in one of the big centers of Manila. We shop there a couple times, and as the name implies, it's pretty frickin' yuuuge. :V

sm_megamall_still_in_christmas_mode.jpg

Woah, shopping! I always loved and enjoyed shopping abroad! If I ever go to Philippines I will definetely check this gigantic and beautiful mall.

Edited by Ginger Ale
  • Brohoof 2

You guys are lucky to live in nice, calm areas. I live in the industrial area of a port city, terrible smell from all the cars, people being overall angry. Oh, and my country is on a debt crisis. The only picture I managed to find for my home town on the Internet is this one:

BA46C36F1F88AF92B2AA0B7B886DCF95.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I think the British countryside is the best place, really peaceful and fairy-tale like, lots of farm animals, picturesque landscapes, I just want set-up and paint. Whenever you need to retreat, retreat to the beautiful lush countryside, fresh air, peaceful, lots of space and lots of you time, the people are generally really nice as well. I imagine some farms have horse riding for around the area too so you can maybe even ride a horse round the place and feel like your in medieval ages.

maxresdefault.jpg 

Bibury-England.jpg

typical_scottish_highland_landscape.jpg

• Brohoof 3

Here are my three favorite places to go. I live in Utah and don't travel a lot.

Antelope Island

2c4d969636.thumb.jpg.c32abebe6a9251984d052297306a469a.jpg

43fea45957.thumb.jpg.c67b5ad748ff70010880d7a80f00bc7b.jpg

YellowStone National Park

4487ccbb-e4b7-4f16-b54e-9aa0e289a64f-banner.thumb.jpg.240043c8193e38377c49618f7fb3147e.jpg

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.fc8bd644189409da77155472fdff2946.jpg

Las Vegas

las-vegas-welcome-sign.jpg.61054a6c66227e8d5b8f7de6f663bc92.jpg

14679F47EC9B965E4A510BFB528895CE.jpg.9b8a449c9069d6d03b6919224642927b.jpg

Edited by Wolfer Mint
  • Brohoof 3

20 hours ago, Ginger Ale said:

Poland not much to see? My relatives do not think so and guide books too. Even if it is true, just for that landscape you shared, I am still really wanting to visit that natural heaven.

Now that you mention that, I think you're right. :derp: 

20 hours ago, Dark Horse said:

Twilight would be like :o. Looks gorgeous indeed.

18 hours ago, Crystal Peppermint said:

We have a little beach on our river bank, nice place to relax.

12697211_991108220925310_223702505304291

Me wants to be there. :sunbutt:

17 hours ago, Wolfer Mint said:

Here are my three favorite places to go. I live in Utah and don't travel a lot.

Antelope Island

2c4d969636.thumb.jpg.c32abebe6a9251984d052297306a469a.jpg

43fea45957.thumb.jpg.c67b5ad748ff70010880d7a80f00bc7b.jpg

YellowStone National Park

4487ccbb-e4b7-4f16-b54e-9aa0e289a64f-banner.thumb.jpg.240043c8193e38377c49618f7fb3147e.jpg

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.fc8bd644189409da77155472fdff2946.jpg

Oooooh these landscapes!! :pinkie:

Also apparently Cloudsdale was there. :ooh:^_^ 

17 hours ago, zenith32 said:

IMG_0531.JPG

I really like when there are trees on the streets like this. :fluttershy: 

• Brohoof 3