Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Favorite Season 7 Lessons

DonMaguz

Hello everyone,

I would like to know which lessons of Season 7 are your favorites (and your least favorites if you want to vent).

Maybe you give more credit to the importance of the lesson, or how you could relate to it, or the way it was delivered through FiM's characters and storytelling, or a mix of them. I would also like to know your criteria for choosing your favorite lessons.

My personal favorites, because of their importance in the healthcare of mind and body are (in no particular order):

Discordant Harmony: Being friends doesn't mean acting or liking the same things as one another, and differences between friends can help each other appreciate new things.
It Isn't the Mane Thing About You: One doesn't shine from the outside in, one shines from the inside out. We all have routines or features that boost our confidence, but they're not essential for us to be confident.
A Health of Information: If you don't take care of yourself you won't be able to take care of anybody else, or to do whichever critical activity you would need to do.

• Brohoof 5

MY favorites were

Uncommon Bond: You don’t have to have a lot in common to be friends, it’s enough to enjoy each other’s company. Surprisingly mature lesson for the show, and relevant to its aging audience.

All Bottled Up: I used to have serious problems with anger management, it was nice to have the show address something like that.

Hard to Say Anything: As horribly as the episode presented itself, I thought the moral was a good one. Relationships aren’t about fairy tale romance, it’s about doing something meaningful for the person you care for.

THose were the ones that stood out to me the most, but there were plenty of other good ones, like Zepplin, Shadow Play, Forever Filly, Discordant Harmony, and Health of Information.

• Brohoof 3

My favorite was definitely from Once Upon A Zeppelin, which seemed to have more than one lesson within it. The main one that I like, is that while it is great that one would want to make everyone happy, you shouldn't forget about yourself in the process. One shouldn't sacrifice their own happiness to try and make everyone else happy, it is not a good mix.

I can relate to this quite well, as I tend to worry myself over different things like signatures or vectors at times, to the point of stress. At those times I should realize that being so stressed and pressuring myself obviously isn't making me happy and I should take a step back for a bit.

• Brohoof 5

My favorites would have be A Health of Information and Once Upon A Zeppelin. They both stressed that while it is important to look after others and their interests, you also have to take care of yourself; whether that means physically or emotionally. Admittedly I've struggled with both throughout my life and it's heartening to see such important lessons in FiM. :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 5

Agree with all above. Also, a lot of similar types of lessons across the board this season focused on self-awareness and self-care.

Heck, I'll even bring in Fame and Misfortune. Whatever your thoughts on the fandom portrayl of it, the important lesson of the episode is to focus on good acts and not let yourself be bogged down by disingenuous criticism or contrarianism

I'll also suggest Honest Apple has a pretty important lesson at its core. Just because you have an honest opinion about something doesn't mean it's particularly valuable if you haven't taken the time to understand what you're weighing in on.

• Brohoof 2

8 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

My favorite was definitely from Once Upon A Zeppelin, which seemed to have more than one lesson within it. The main one that I like, is that while it is great that one would want to make everyone happy, you shouldn't forget about yourself in the process. One shouldn't sacrifice their own happiness to try and make everyone else happy, it is not a good mix.

I can relate to this quite well, as I tend to worry myself over different things like signatures or vectors at times, to the point of stress. At those times I should realize that being so stressed and pressuring myself obviously isn't making me happy and I should take a step back for a bit.

Definitely my favorite lesson as well.  Really important one as it hits home for me.

Edited by twilightsparkle3562
  • Brohoof 2

All Bottled Up - If you're frustrated with a good friend, it's better to let them know than to just let it stew inside you. That frustration isn't going anywhere, and not addressing it will be more harmful to your friendship than complaining about them. 

A Flurry of Emotions - As exciting as new responsibilities might be, make sure to focus on your prior commitments before taking on anything new. 

Forever Filly - The world moves on without you, and when you reunite with people you haven't seen in some time, they might not have the same interests as when you remember them. Especially with kids, remember to be respectful of their changing interests. 

A Royal Problem - Just because someone's job might sound easy doesn't mean that there isn't a lot of hard work that goes into it. It's important to be as respectful of others' occupations as you want them to be of yours. 

Discordant Harmony - Friendship doesn't need to be founded on similarity. Indeed, a lasting friendship can be forged simply because two people are interested in what's different about each other. 

Triple Threat - Similar to above. Just because two of your friends might seem different doesn't mean that they won't get along. If you consider both to be good friends, then there's no reason they couldn't be good friends with each other as well. 

A Health of Information - When you're trying to help a friend whom is injured or sick, remember to take care of yourself as well. It doesn't help anyone if you catch their illness due to overexertion. 

Once Upon a Zeppelin - When trying to make those you care about happy, remember that your feelings matter too. Understand that they care about you as well and would prefer for you to be happy. 

• Brohoof 5

Perfect Pear, Health of Information, All Bottled Up, and Once Upon a Zeppelin probably had the most relevant lessons that I can appreciate. 

• Brohoof 2