Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Music by dj alic0rn

Tirubitchi

I hate to be honest but...you're gonna have to work way harder in order to perfect these songs. They are just way too repetitive and you're limiting yourself to intervals, basing your main theme solely on these. What you need is a solid four-chord progression to work around to develop your ideas. I suggest you invest in better software, or I can coach you myself on music theory to help you further develop your techniques. 

• Brohoof 3

well I’ dont have a computer so make them on my phone with music maker jam. I try my best to make them sound different but i can’t make many different things with the presets i have. but some coaching would likely help if you wanna find out what i currently have at my disposal get music maker jam for your phone, it’s a free app, then download  the drum and bass , dubstep, dubstep squeals, edm vocal chops 1 and 2 , electro pop, and house noir presets. And start with the digital pop and smooth hip hop presets

Edited by Dj alicorn

12 hours ago, Dj alicorn said:

well I’ dont have a computer so make them on my phone with music maker jam. I try my best to make them sound different but i can’t make many different things with the presets i have. but some coaching would likely help if you wanna find out what i currently have at my disposal get music maker jam for your phone, it’s a free app, then download  the drum and bass , dubstep, dubstep squeals, edm vocal chops 1 and 2 , electro pop, and house noir presets. And start with the digital pop and smooth hip hop presets

Well if you want to go further, you will need a computer, a keyboard workstation or a launchpad, so you gotta start saving up your money if you wanna make it far in the brony music scene. 

I kinda have to disagree here. As someone who grew up on a breadbox and was there to see the brief tracker renaissance before MP3s became ubiquitous, I have to say that a skilled {like any skill that comes from practice} musician can make some impressive melodies with very limited resources.

I do agree that your composition needs to go further, tho - the melodies tend to be rather repetitive {though I like the Fashion Horse track}, so embellishing and building on the basic themes would probably be a good step forward.

• Brohoof 2

On 12/12/2017 at 9:06 AM, C. Thunder Dash said:

Well if you want to go further, you will need a computer, a keyboard workstation or a launchpad, so you gotta start saving up your money if you wanna make it far in the brony music scene. 

I don’t have a job. I Just recently turned 16. Imean I would like to go further but I don’t have any money however I am hoping for my perents to get me a computer this Christmas. So I might be able to go further after christmas.

Edited by Dj alicorn

• 3 weeks later...

Just to recommend that; rather than putting up direct downloadables here, you post your music to https://pony.fm/ and then link to that. :) (Pony.fm is part of the Poniverse suite of sites along with MLPForums). 

• Brohoof 1

On 12/12/2017 at 8:06 AM, C. Thunder Dash said:

Gonna have disagree with you here. There are many musicians that have gotten plenty of attention with just a DAW and a Laptop. @Dj alicorn, it is possible to get good at music with not so much money. I want you to understand that as long as you enjoy music and want to make music for others, then you have all that you need. Music maker jam is a bit insufficient tho. I know you're 16, but try to save up some money for a cheap lil computer and get a DAW. It'll be worth every penny you save up. You don't need any keyboards, instruments, and fancy equipment to get good. I promise you that time, practice, and passion is all you need. Over time get the rest of the equipment that enlightens you.

(I just read that you got a computer, so you're all set! just have fun now! :D)

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Zizkil said:

Gonna have disagree with you here. There are many musicians that have gotten plenty of attention with just a DAW and a Laptop. @Dj alicorn, it is possible to get good at music with not so much bits. I want you to understand that as long as you enjoy music and want to make music for others, then you have all that you need. Music maker jam is a bit insufficient tho. I know you're 16, but try to save up some bits for a cheap lil computer and get a DAW. It'll be worth every penny you save up. You don't need any keyboards, instruments, and fancy equipment to get good. I promise you that time, practice, and passion is all you need. Over time get the rest of the equipment that enlightens you.

(I just read that you got a computer, so you're all set! just have fun now! :D)

Nope...it's more than just having a laptop. You need theory, you need experience and you really need to know what you're doing. You can't be behind a laptop and call yourself a musician or composers. Before I had my laptop, I use to write out my music with a staff paper and pencil. So in the end, the laptop doesn't take you anywhere, it really puts you in a box, and that's the fact. 

1 minute ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

Nope...it's more than just having a laptop. You need theory, you need experience and you really need to know what you're doing. You can't be behind a laptop and call yourself a musician or composers. Before I had my laptop, I use to write out my music with a staff paper and pencil. So in the end, the laptop doesn't take you anywhere, it really puts you in a box, and that's the fact. 

There are a ton of good electronic musicians out there that have gotten good with little to no knowledge in music when they started. That's a fact too. I do believe knowing music theory is great thing, but you don't need it to succeed. Look at the Modern music scene, EVERYONE uses digital software to make music even if it's recorded with real instruments. You won't make it anywhere without a computer with a DAW. You put yourself in box when you decide to let music theory define how you make music, and not step out of the box. With a computer you can record real instruments anyway and follow the music theory too, so idk why you wouldn't use digital software. This sounds like an opinion of yours not a fact.

Don't start discussions here. This topic's intent is only to showcase the artist's pieces and users to give their minds on said pieces, and any conversation that does not involve the artist himself should be avoided.