Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Sour Sweet the Leader of the Shadowbolts?

Photon Jet

Hi everypony!

A few minutes ago, something flew into my head as I remembered the Shadowbolts from Dance Magic. One thing that interests me is Sour Sweet. Yep, we all know her back in Friendship Games and she sure changed in character in Dance Magic. In about a couple of scenes, I saw her in front of the Shadowbolts and talking as if she was the one leading the team. This makes me wonder if Sour Sweet is the leader now after Principal Cadance took over.

What do you think? Is Sour Sweet the leader of the Shadowbolts? Have a look at the clips and discuss what you think.

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 1

I'm assuming you mean of the group of girls she hangs out with, and not the leader of her school, but yes, I think Sour Sweet might be somewhat of a group leader, unless you read the Perdita Finn books.  In the books it's Sunny Daze, aka that Crystal Prep girl everyone forgets exists and can never remember the name of, and is somehow less remembered than Indigo Zap despite Zap not even appearing in Dance Magic.  No, I'm not actually kidding, she is a much bigger deal in the books, and is even the main antagonist in one of them.

I always assumed that Indigo Zap was the leader of the Shadowbolts but I can understand why you would think the leader was Sour Sweet. While she does have the makings for being a leader, Sour Sweet's one drawback has to do with her 'naughty-and-nice' routine where she switches between the two whenever she says something. I'd like to think that the others wouldn't want to be lead by someone who could change their opinions at the drop of a pin.

@AlbaTross

Did you mean to say Sunny Flare?

Edited by Ganondorf8
Fixed the post.
  • Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, AlbaTross said:

I'm assuming you mean of the group of girls she hangs out with, and not the leader of her school, but yes, I think Sour Sweet might be somewhat of a group leader, unless you read the Perdita Finn books.  In the books it's Sunny Daze, aka that Crystal Prep girl everyone forgets exists and can never remember the name of, and is somehow less remembered than Indigo Zap despite Zap not even appearing in Dance Magic.  No, I'm not actually kidding, she is a much bigger deal in the books, and is even the main antagonist in one of them.

Isn’t Sunny Daze a G3 pony? I think you’re thinking of someone else.

She was certainly portrayed that way in Dance Magic. It makes sense as she seems to be the most driven/competitive of the group (except maybe Indigo Zap who obviously didn't appear in Dance Magic so it's tough to say)

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, PinkiePie97 said:

She’s also a G4 pony.

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Sunny_Daze_and_Peachy_Pie

Although while I haven’t read the books myself, I’m with @Ganondorf8 in thinking that he meant Sunny Flare.

Oh, yes, that's what I meant.  Man, that character is so forgettable, even with the books making her more important than she actually is.