Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general How will you/ or did celebrate New Year's eve?

Rainy_days

My family doesn't really have any traditions, nor do I personally. I am not a partier or a drinker, so really I just stay at home.

• Brohoof 1

I don't plan to do anything. Probably catch up on the Grand Tour episodes I missed with my girlfriend. We might even watch the ball drop in NYC on TV. 

I'm pretty boring.

Edited by Skinny Shadowy
  • Brohoof 1

It "feels like" -24 degrees Fahrenheit here in Eastern Iowa. My partner and I were going to go out to dinner but decided to stay in due to the cold. I'm in my Rainbow Dash kigurumi and he's in a fox kigurumi. We're probably just going to play video games. I'm an old fart, so staying up til' midnight is a pretty rare occurrence for me these days. I'm happy for the new year, but also for this three day weekend before tax season starts up! B)

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Vocal Analyst said:

Spent the New Year watching the fireworks on TV with my Dad, while watching the live music on before and afterwards. A jolly good time.

Quite Simular to what I do over here with my family.

Play Majora's Mask. It takes place around the game world's version of welcoming the new year....... 

if it wasn't for a possessed scary moon about to crash into the land come morning of the Carnival's Eve

Wanna see the original commercial from 2000? Warning: may cause nightmares 

Send me a shocked reaction if I scared you.:orly:

I'm celebrating the way my family always does it, staying up until midnight--I do this every day anyway--and go to bed shortly afterwards.

• Brohoof 1

Had a few bad sparklers. That was it :P

I can tell, from at least Florida, that celebrating New Year is done in a pretty tame fashion. I am sure there are major parties and hangovers, but we in Iceland literally blow up the very sky with fireworks, with more fireworks than there are people in our country. The next two days there will still be smoke from the fireworks and the air will smell of sulfur x3 

It is great! 

• Brohoof 1

Was planning on watching Feliz 2018, as is tradition with my family. It's the only live New Years celebration in our time zone. Plus it's more festive than its American counterparts. But the channel was locked behind a subscription package. 

So that left us with either watching a replay of the generic, celebrity endorsed festivities from NYC, dull music and all, or doing what I did, tuning into a YT countdown stream that I thought would show new years kick offs in Chicago, but was just a generic countdown animatic.

With the folks out to their own new years party, and those left not even paying attention, I have to say this was the worst new years celebration to date. 

Because it's crazy cold here, 10 Fahrenheit, we stayed in. My family and I ate snacks and watched Dick Clark's Rocking Eve. We made a list of what we want in 2018 and burned a list of what we didn't like in 2017. We ate 12 grapes each (a Spanish tradition apparently...my wife got this from her Cuban uncle) and wished. At midnight as the ball dropped I popped a bottle of good French champagne that I've been saving in the fridge for a few years for a special occasion. Something told me 2018 is that occasion. At about 12:15, I shuffled my daughter up to bed and have been chilling with my wife downstairs, finishing the bottle and dreaming of life in the upcoming year.

6 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

I am celebrating by doing absolutely nothing. This day isn't special to me. The next year will most likely be just like last year, pointless.

This.

2017 was a bad year for me, and I honestly expect nothing better. If anything, I expect this to be the year I finally end it all. I'm not necessarily welcoming the New Year with open arms, as can be seen. So why celebrate what will likely be another awful year? Sure 2017 had it's upsides, but not without massive downsides. 2018 will be the same, I believe.

I celebrated new year by watching the tenth Season of The Big Bang Theory with my dad and then we drank a bit alcohol. I mean, i didnt liked it, but i guess its kind off a tradition by us? Even though i hate it.