Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Should you call female fans"Bronies" or "Pegasisters" poll

Unity

Which title do Female fans of MLP prefer.  

21 users have voted

1. 1. Title

• Bronie
    • Pegasister

While this poll is mainly asking for the females preference guys can answer with what they prefer to call them.

P.S i guess its up to personal preferance

Edited by donttellmum
  • Brohoof 2

First off, yes, I'm a guy.:)

It just depends on what they want to be called. Some prefer one over the other, and they will tell you if you give them the wrong one. It all comes down to personal preference.

I've found that 'Brony' is a safer bet, as it works for both genders anyway. It is the brony fandom after all, and the term 'Bronies' is used to refer to a mixed group of boys and girls. I'm sure that female fans are called Bronies frequently anyway.

But once again, personal preference!

• Brohoof 3

Just now, Rhythm Red said:

First off, yes, I'm a guy.:)

It just depends on what they want to be called. Some prefer one over the other, and they will tell you if you give them the wrong one. It all comes down to personal preference.

I've found that 'Brony' is a safer bet, as it works for both genders anyway. It is the brony fandom after all, and the term 'Bronies' is used to refer to a mixed group of boys and girls. I'm sure that female fans are called Bronies frequently anyway.

But once again, personal preference!

Diddo

Quite right you are, thanks

• Brohoof 1

@donttellmum

Moving to Sugarcube Corner. Please keep in mind that anything brony-related that isn't about the show itself goes there.

Thank you!

1 minute ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

Personally, I like Pegasister. The name seems to have fallen out of favor though. Still, Brony denotes male (to me). Brony... Bro (male) that likes My Little Pony. I voted Pegasister! 

Yea, I think It should be left up to preference

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Steam Control said:

if they want to be called as bronies thats fine and if they want to be called as pegasisters  thats fine to :3

Yea, I just find pegasister as such an ugly word

Anyways this poll was just out of curiosity and I have learned that it' basically up to Preferance

38 minutes ago, Steam Control said:

hmmmm how a bout a new word then ? how about.....unisister ? like unicorns just use the UN and have sister in front of it....or something idk xD

that doesnt really work... the "sis" in "sister" is made up of the "sus" in "pegasus" cause they sound the same. pegasus + sister. exempt a few letters Pega + Sister or Pegasus + ter ? idefk ITS A PLAY ON WORDS why am I explaining this?...

Anywho, the word Unisister would imply Unisis + Sister. Sounds like my morning cup of sci-fi/dystopian tea, but isnt my idea of MLP

No other word really works tbh

Maybe Siscorn? *cringe* maybe not...

Just now, CrystalBloodMoon said:

that doesnt really work... the "sis" in "sister" is made up of the "sus" in "pegasus" cause they sound the same. pegasus + sister. exempt a few letters Pega + Sister or Pegasus + ter ? idefk ITS A PLAY ON WORDS why am I explaining this?...

Anywho, the word Unisister would imply Unisis + Sister. Sounds like my morning cup of sci-fi/dystopian tea, but isnt my idea of MLP

No other word really works tbh

Maybe Siscorn? *cringe* maybe not...

You are such a twilight sparkle

Idk. Female here. Personally I prefer brony. If we’re gonna use the bro argument I’m just gonna say I don’t mind being called bro. I call chicks “dudes” when I speak sometimes. 

It’s all up to the person, but that’s my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, iceestarz said:

Idk. Female here. Personally I prefer brony. If we’re gonna use the bro argument I’m just gonna say I don’t mind being called bro. I call chicks “dudes” when I speak sometimes. 

It’s all up to the person, but that’s my opinion.

Thanks for the answer

Please keep this on topic. Posts that didn't have anything to do with the discussion have been hidden.

Thank you.

Just now, PathfinderCS said:

Please keep this on topic. Posts that didn't have anything to do with the discussion have been hidden.

Thank you.

Sorry, papa

I don't like being called a Brony. I'm a Pegasister. I don't like being called a dude or anything that sounds male, no matter how commonly it may be used for all genders. I don't like the idea of a unisex world, the idea is stupid. 

• Brohoof 1

I prefer to call myself a "pegasister" just because the name has an awesome ring to it. Besides, that's what I've been referring to myself as for the past 4 years now. :D

Edited by Lucky Bolt

Call them whatever they want to be called. The same should apply to male mlp fans. Hell I don't even call myself a brony. I actually call myself a "bronkey" on account of me being a Cranky Doodle fan.

You can call people brownies or pegasisters if you like, but ultimately its best to let fans define who they are. At the end of the day, we all share a common interest in this show and that's enough for me. 

• Brohoof 1