Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Zootopia missed opportunity for sequel

Karnak

By not making reptiles sentient, they missed an opportunity \oppertunities to

-show nations

-A possible reason the predators and prey mammals united was because they were all prey to reptiles.

-Create reptile culture 

-Deal with much more complex issues.

-United mammals against reptiles

-Ophidiophobia amongst predator and prey mammals 

-World building

-Possible War history 

-Zootopia's 90% prey and 10% predator will be altered...possibility down to 75% to 25% or more.

A youtuber detailed this well 

"If I see a mammal in the forest I want to take a picture, I see a snake I run."

Edited by Karnak

My friend was just bringing this up yesterday... why are mammals the only sentient animals we get to see? Why can't the gigantic city of Zootopia truly represent the incredible biodiversity of the planet?

Were the reptiles... driven extinct? Or simply cast out of society because they failed to evolve to become peaceful? And what about the birds?

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Prospekt said:

My friend was just bringing this up yesterday... why are mammals the only sentient animals we get to see? Why can't the gigantic city of Zootopia truly represent the incredible biodiversity of the planet?

Were the reptiles... driven extinct? Or simply cast out of society because they failed to evolve to become peaceful? And what about the birds?

Agreed, plus there is so much to explore. Their are famous mythic reptiles you could add as historic figures.

"Eingana the conqueror"

"Reptile nation capital, "Ouroboros"

"Reptile provinces "Salamandraha" and "Geckodia" 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...

Zootopia is perfect for a sequel. If not a theatrical release it should have had a TV series. I would have loved to follow Nick and Judy as they go from solving one crime after another. Missed opportunity. Very sad.

Disney only cares about money and will only make sequels whenever they feel like it. They don't see Zootopia as successful in their eyes, even though it is. For them, its all about money first, fans and community are always last.

If ever there was a property screaming for a sequel it’s Zootopia! They could have made such a great bunch of movies or TV shows out of it. When they (grudgingly) made The Rescuers Down Under it was so great to see the classic characters coming back for another adventure to follow the original Rescuers, even though it took forever. Zootopia wouldn’t have to wait so long if they made a TV spinoff like they did with Tangled, Big Hero 6, Hercules, Little Mermaid and on and on and on. It really has more stories to tell and I would LOVE to see it happen. Not holding my breath though, obviously.