Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why FIM should not be canceled

Goat-kun

If i was Hasbro I wouldn't cancel MLP gen 4. It's way to big and successful. The thing is though... we don't even know if it's getting canceled. Everybody keep saying the end is season 9 but... we also thought the end would be season 3... and we was much more sure of that.

31 minutes ago, Kadeda said:

If i was Hasbro I wouldn't cancel MLP gen 4. It's way to big and successful. The thing is though... we don't even know if it's getting canceled. Everybody keep saying the end is season 9 but... we also thought the end would be season 3... and we was much more sure of that.

I think its more contingency planning; Pony is (of course) great, but... eventually, the story ideas run out, and when you have been banking the cashflow from Pony for so long, the idea of it suddenly becoming last year's toy is going to be frightening for Hasbro.

G5 probably isn't the answer, but I am not sure what is; Hanazuki doesn't seem to have taken off (I have seen a few toys, but only in discount stores), nor has EqG (Although I have noticed the dolls for that popping up in mainline stores lately, and in the new outfits too). GlimGlam has already been White Rangered onto the team, and the Creature 6 almost literally popped out of nowhere for the S8 prem.

Pony is, as far as I know, unique. It would be hard to repeat that formula without it appearing to be a second-grade knockoff, regardless of how pretty you make it in toonboom, so it seems unlikely to me that Hasbro would take the risk of committing to a reboot that could well sink like a stone so long as Pony continues to appeal to new buyers of toys.