Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where is Raritys parents?

eventyraren

So as of Season 7 Almost all of the main 6 parents has hade an episode to them, all but one, Raritys. where is her parents? we met them in the beginning of "sisterhooves social" and we have seen them in the background, but we don't know anything about them, other then Rarity is ashamed of them. I don't even remember if we know there names. they are the only set of main 6 parents that live in Ponyville, and still they have not got a single episode.

Spoiler

The synopsis fore season 8 say that both Starlight, Sunburst and Spikes parents will appear this season, but not Raritys

What do you all think

Edited by eventyraren

Well, I can tell you their names are "officially" Hondo Flanks (the father) and Cookie Crumbles (the mother). But yeah, compared to all the other parents they don't have much info. Even Fluttershy's family had more understanding of what each member's personality is what their wants/goals are.

just look at what mlp wikia says about them.

if you want to know, what they're doing for a living, just look at their names and cutiemarks.

of course, no one says anything about them in the show, but.. then again, we know about them no less, than what we know about other's pony's parents.

Rarity's parents gave me a very quick impression of being a "just retired" couple the moment they showed up at Rarity's kitchen to leave on vacation (without a previous notice).

That's only a headcanon, but it has grown on me since it gives a perfect excuse for them to be constantly off the shot and missing moments such as Sweetie Belle getting her cutie Mark and Rarity opening her two newer boutiques, and yet giving them moments such as spending Hearthswarming in Twilight's castle with the rest of Ponyville.

If there's an attempt to make a CMC graduation episode in the future, I'd like Sweetie's folks to have a relevant moment. Otherwise, I'm ok with them being on the background of the mane parents.

Edited by DonMaguz
Added thoughts on possible future appearances.

2 hours ago, cmarston1 said:

I dunno, maybe they finally got arrested for child neglect.

That would probably be Scootaloo's parents if anyone.

I'm not sure why Rarity's parents have been seen and mentioned so little throughout the series, even though by now we have meet all the other mane 6's parents and gotten to know more about their personalities and overall family dynamics. I suspect that Rarity's parents probably do a lot of traveling, which may be the cause of why we don't tend to hear or see them pretty much ever.  

Edited by King of Canterlot

I"M not sure about season seven but They are in the bakcgorund. For example you can swe Sweeti hanging wit her parents during certain episodes. Can't recall which one. They haven't had speaking role since, gosh way bakc in season 2 during Sister Hoof Social