Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Reasonable ships

Dragulia

On 5/17/2018 at 2:02 PM, Porrot said:

Celestia/Discord has always been preferable to Fluttershy/Discord (in my opinion.) They're kinda equals, both being thousands of years old and extremely powerful.

5afdc287afdfd_622624__safe_screencap_discord_princesscelestia_twilightskingdom_animated_bouquet_flower_-colon-o_shippingfuel_smiling_surprised_wideeyes_wink.gif.f9ded514626273c09ca12829c6d19ded.gif

That said, Discord/Fluttershy is adorable (sometimes.) It's just that it's a little creepy, like a pervy old man having a crush on an innocent little girl, which is essentially what it is. (I'm not hating, just giving my honest opinion.)

Not to mention the fact that fluttershy isn't immortal like Discord. Pairing a mortal with an immortal always ends up pretty bad. Since obviously the other half dies while the other lives for eternity.

5 hours ago, ShadOBabe said:

Dude, I do not like FlutterCord, but it is NOT pedophilia.

Big ages gaps do not automatically equal pedophilia. Fluttershy is a grown up mare who lives on her own.

fluttershy is a young girl, I've seen every show girls who lives on their own. they just make excuses to pairing her with someone who is elderly, that's weird and pedophilia and it's not good for kids

(edited)
2 hours ago, Van123 said:

fluttershy is a young girl, I've seen every show girls who lives on their own. they just make excuses to pairing her with someone who is elderly, that's weird and pedophilia and it's not good for kids

No Fluttershy is an adult. The Cutie Mark Crusaders are little girls. Here’s a visual for you...

2ED61700-E5BE-41A6-BBEF-A753535D6E01.thumb.jpeg.b49f0deeb62102d326b1473457810c6f.jpeg

Fluttershy would fall into the Young Adult/Adult categories. Which means consenting grown up who can be with anyone she wants. Also, Discord is not elderly. He is immortal. There’s a bit of a difference.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 3

I’m really fucking cliched, but my favorite is still probably SoarinDash

On 5/17/2018 at 3:00 AM, KillerKingBakudan said:

1. Spitfire X Daring Do (aka FireDo)

Hide contents

daring_do_and_the_chinatown_glide_by_legoguy9875-dcbh4g7.thumb.png.aa22f0396fbb3b1cd1ff92c20ed9b0f5.png

They've never interacted before, but knowing how they both have a personal connection with Rainbow Dash, it's hard for me not to think that they should. Would Dash be thrilled to introduce her two biggest idols to each other? Yes. And to see them become an item? HELL YES.

Bro, you have no idea how much I want to see an episode based on this

• Brohoof 1

Fluttercord and maybe SunburstxGlimmer are the only ones that had some development and chemistry. Maybe some QuibbleDash would work too.

18 hours ago, Mystic Brush said:

Not to mention the fact that fluttershy isn't immortal like Discord. Pairing a mortal with an immortal always ends up pretty bad. Since obviously the other half dies while the other lives for eternity.

Dude Celestia was confirmed to not be immortal since Horse Play referenced Journal of Two sisters. That means Celestia is around 1110 years old and DO AGE and will one day die from oldness. Fluttercord should happen because they actually care for eachother, not because they can have similar lifespan. Literally who cares about it? You ship characters only to see them die of old age?

6 hours ago, Conred said:

Fluttercord and maybe SunburstxGlimmer are the only ones that had some development and chemistry. Maybe some QuibbleDash would work too.

Dude Celestia was confirmed to not be immortal since Horse Play referenced Journal of Two sisters. That means Celestia is around 1110 years old and DO AGE and will one day die from oldness. Fluttercord should happen because they actually care for eachother, not because they can have similar lifespan. Literally who cares about it? You ship characters only to see them die of old age?

That's Celestia.....

I'm talking about Discord here. Who says he isnt immortal? hmm?

(edited)
8 hours ago, Conred said:

Dude Celestia was confirmed to not be immortal since Horse Play referenced Journal of Two sisters.

What part of the Journal says they aren’t immortal? All I know about is that it says they age differently, and I can’t seem to find anything else online. But aging slowly doesn’t exclude immortality.

In some stories the immortal can take a long time to physically mature, but then aging just stops. There’s lots of stories and mythologies out there with immortals like that.

Edited by ShadOBabe

12 hours ago, Conred said:

Discord was confirmed to crush on Fluttershy so he should be the one to marry her.

... Uh, jumping the gun a little bit there, aren’t we buddy?

I’ve had lots of crushes in my life. Didn’t marry any of them.

1 hour ago, ShadOBabe said:

... Uh, jumping the gun a little bit there, aren’t we buddy?

I’ve had lots of crushes in my life. Didn’t marry any of them.

This is a show that ends in next season. I dont see any more ship jumping with Discord, especially after he dedicated his entire character since reformation to Fluttershy. People need to finally give up this dislestia or twicord ideas and go with the wind.

9 hours ago, Conred said:

This is a show that ends in next season. I dont see any more ship jumping with Discord, especially after he dedicated his entire character since reformation to Fluttershy. People need to finally give up this dislestia or twicord ideas and go with the wind.

Uh, how about no, and people keep enjoying the ships the like? :)

• Brohoof 2

On 2018-05-17 at 11:02 AM, Porrot said:

Celestia/Discord has always been preferable to Fluttershy/Discord (in my opinion.) They're kinda equals, both being thousands of years old and extremely powerful.

5afdc287afdfd_622624__safe_screencap_discord_princesscelestia_twilightskingdom_animated_bouquet_flower_-colon-o_shippingfuel_smiling_surprised_wideeyes_wink.gif.f9ded514626273c09ca12829c6d19ded.gif

That said, Discord/Fluttershy is adorable (sometimes.) It's just that it's a little creepy, like a pervy old man having a crush on an innocent little girl, which is essentially what it is. (I'm not hating, just giving my honest opinion.)

Actually, there's a comic that established legit chemistry between Discord and Luna.  Discord giving Celestia flowers that one time didn't do it for me, but actually taking time to establish stuff in common between Discord and Luna not only surprised me, it actually made me wish they shared some screen time in the show.  I think I'll stick with the classic FlutterCord ship but I think LunaCord is a solid alternative.  Maybe DisLestia too, but I think I need more on screen chemistry between them, or perhaps a comic with the two of them.  Heck, Discord and Trixie shared more screen time together in the show and that kind of worked.

My main ship has always been RariJack because I really like the opposites attract thing they have, plus they've had a ton of chemistry over multiple episodes, movies and comics.  They're also both hard workers in the blue collar sphere who appreciate the value in a hard day's work even if one likes getting dirty and one doesn't.  They also respect each other's differences for the most part.  Actually, I like all the cliched ships to varying extents, including FlutterDash, AppleDash, Lyra/Bon Bon (who are the closest thing to a legit same sex couple in this series) and Vinyl/Octavia.  

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, AlbaTross said:

Actually, there's a comic that established legit chemistry between Discord and Luna.  Discord giving Celestia flowers that one time didn't do it for me, but actually taking time to establish stuff in common between Discord and Luna not only surprised me, it actually made me wish they shared some screen time in the show.  I think I'll stick with the classic FlutterCord ship but I think LunaCord is a solid alternative.  Maybe DisLestia too, but I think I need more on screen chemistry between them, or perhaps a comic with the two of them.  Heck, Discord and Trixie shared more screen time together in the show and that kind of worked.

My main ship has always been RariJack because I really like the opposites attract thing they have, plus they've had a ton of chemistry over multiple episodes, movies and comics.  They're also both hard workers in the blue collar sphere who appreciate the value in a hard day's work even if one likes getting dirty and one doesn't.  They also respect each other's differences for the most part.  Actually, I like all the cliched ships to varying extents, including FlutterDash, AppleDash, Lyra/Bon Bon (who are the closest thing to a legit same sex couple in this series) and Vinyl/Octavia.  

I love RariJack! (Much for the reasons you stated.)  Not so sure about FlutterDash... I sometimes get the impression that Fluttershy hates RD, but I wouldn't rule it out. Lyra/Bon Bon, if only because of the 100th episode.

Vinyl/Octavia was my OTP for a while. The fan animations featuring Nowacking as Vinyl were/are pretty good.

I used to ship AppleDash, but they're more friendly rivals than a couple. Luna and Discord sounds... interesting. I don't read the comics but I think I can almost imagine it.

17 hours ago, Conred said:

One, we don't know if Fluttershy feels the same way. Two, there's no reason to believe we'll see one of the main characters get married in this show. Surely their lives will go on after the conclusion. 

8 hours ago, AlexanderThrond said:

One, we don't know if Fluttershy feels the same way. Two, there's no reason to believe we'll see one of the main characters get married in this show. Surely their lives will go on after the conclusion. 

Not married, but we will have plenty of opportunities to see them become a couple like SugarMac. One Discord episode this season, Theres a christmas special with Discord in October. And entire S9. Not to mention he might be added to Equestria Girls at some point.

(edited)
9 hours ago, Conred said:

Not married, but we will have plenty of opportunities to see them become a couple like SugarMac. One Discord episode this season, Theres a christmas special with Discord in October. And entire S9. Not to mention he might be added to Equestria Girls at some point.

Hasbro is who will have plenty of opportunities but yeah is confirmed that MLP has a Christmas special with Discord in October and entire S9. not those things that someone wants. It's a kids's show, but the adults just create excuses to want something they would like to see and that is not good.

Celestia/Discord, FlutterDash they are not destroyed, they are together with Fluttershy / Discord, both are the same thing.

but pairing a young girl with an old man is not good. I've seen every show a monster with a girl as Bulkhead with Miko from Transformers Prime, sully with boo from monster inc they had a very strong friendship, and they can't a challenge to childhood show

Edited by Van123

1 hour ago, Van123 said:

the only thing that there are possibilities between fluttercord is friendship, Hasbro is who will have plenty of opportunities not the fans. But yeah is confirmed that MLP has a Christmas special with Discord in October and entire S9. not those things that someone wants. It's a kids's show, but the adults just create excuses to want something they would like to see and that is not good.

Celestia/Discord, FlutterDash they are not destroyed, they are together with Fluttershy / Discord, both are the same thing.

but pairing a young girl with an old man is not good. They are best friends but they get confused with that. I've seen every show a monster with a girl as Bulkhead with Miko from Transformers Prime, sully with boo from monster inc they had a very strong friendship, and they can't a challenge to childhood show

Stop it Carranza, just stop

13 hours ago, Conred said:

Pairing up the mane six in romantic relationships doesn't seem to be the writers' interest, but it's possible. 

5 hours ago, Van123 said:

but pairing a young girl with an old man is not good. I've seen every show a monster with a girl as Bulkhead with Miko from Transformers Prime, sully with boo from monster inc they had a very strong friendship, and they can't a challenge to childhood show

At the youngest, Fluttershy is an older teenager, and the show has consistently contrasted her with younger characters for long enough now that I think it's reasonable to assume she's an adult. It's not just that she has a job and a house, it's that absolutely nobody in the show treats her like a child, and many of the younger characters interact with her as if she is an adult. 

Which isn't to say I don't find shipping Fluttershy with Discord a little creepy, but it's not really due to the age difference. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, AlexanderThrond said:

Pairing up the mane six in romantic relationships doesn't seem to be the writers' interest, but it's possible. 

At the youngest, Fluttershy is an older teenager, and the show has consistently contrasted her with younger characters for long enough now that I think it's reasonable to assume she's an adult. It's not just that she has a job and a house, it's that absolutely nobody in the show treats her like a child, and many of the younger characters interact with her as if she is an adult. 

Which isn't to say I don't find shipping Fluttershy with Discord a little creepy, but it's not really due to the age difference. 

it's kid's show about friendship, the mane 6 is not interested in romantic relationships that's why the writers know that the show is a friendship story. the romance it focuses with the other characters not with them, the fans will break their hearts. That's what it's about, MLP is based chronologically on their previous generations. 

Edited by Van123

32 minutes ago, Van123 said:

it's kid's show about friendship, the mane 6 is not interested in romantic relationships that's why the writers know that the show is a friendship story. the romance it focuses with the other characters not with them, the fans will break their hearts. That's what it's about, MLP is based chronologically on their previous generations. 

A show can be about friendship and still have a main character or two in a romantic relationship, but in general I agree. I find it refreshing that there's so little romance in this show. 

1 hour ago, AlexanderThrond said:

A show can be about friendship and still have a main character or two in a romantic relationship, but in general I agree. I find it refreshing that there's so little romance in this show. 

Ignore him. He spam same replies for  a year on every brony site. It's ike reasoning with a briced wall, He will just automatically write the same comment whenever you mention many ships like SoarinDash or Fluttercord

Even though I’m not big on it myself, I think that CheesyPie (Cheese Sandwich and Pinkie Pie) are a very “realistic” ship. They are practically the same pony and seem to really enjoy the other’s company. :twi:

On 2018-05-21 at 5:39 PM, Porrot said:

I love RariJack! (Much for the reasons you stated.)  Not so sure about FlutterDash... I sometimes get the impression that Fluttershy hates RD, but I wouldn't rule it out. Lyra/Bon Bon, if only because of the 100th episode.

Vinyl/Octavia was my OTP for a while. The fan animations featuring Nowacking as Vinyl were/are pretty good.

I used to ship AppleDash, but they're more friendly rivals than a couple. Luna and Discord sounds... interesting. I don't read the comics but I think I can almost imagine it.

Well, Friends Forever #20 brings two characters together, who as it turns out are both ancient beings whose nature seems to be at odds with what is considered just and good, and who were banished/turned to stone for a millennium for past deeds, which they are still kind of dealing with as they can never quite shake it, and though they both have changed, neither can quite shake the fear that they will relapse into the monster they used to be and hurt those around them, so they deal with it by keeping most others at an arm's length and they even have walls built between them and those they do allow themselves to get close to.  

Ok, that's actually the analysis I came up with on the similarities of both characters after reading that comic.  There is however a story about Luna getting to know Discord and in turn reflecting that she does indeed share some of the same insecurities he does.  I also really like that they both discover that while chaos is the opposite of order and darkness is the opposite of light neither is actually the opposite of good.  Suffice to say, I ship them.