Rainbow Dash and possible anger issues

heavens-champion

3 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle is best said:

When does rainbow dash have anger issue???

I'm just saying. Sometimes, she looks really annoyed. We COULD say that's just impulsiveness (or a bad attitude), but still.

Just now, heavens-champion said:

I'm just saying. Sometimes, she looks really annoyed. We COULD say that's just impulsiveness (or a bad attitude), but still.

Oh ok I guess she really doesn't like being somewhere with some pony

twilight_sparkle_mlp_forums_signature_by

Then There should be an episode where RD has to go to Anger Management class after cutting Pinkie's hoof off by accident

(edited)

I think she's really impatient and have some anxiety issues, but she doesn't always show her frustration about things moving slowly with anger. 'Rarity Investigates' is a good example of this, she got anxious and impatient about Rarity's ways but showed her frustration with hopelessness rather than anger.

Edited by DonMaguz
Found a better word to describe what I meant.

She seems to around Applejack, they might be too competitive, and when something bad could happen to one of her pets or friends.  Other than that she doesn't get mad when she should if she had an Anger Problem, like being made fun of in the Wonderbolts academy.  I imagine if she did have an Anger issue, she wouldn't only be crying after getting the callsign "Rainbow Crash".

• Brohoof 1

Most of the time, she get's frustrated at things i could imagine anyone getting frustrated with. Her and applejack just ultimately make each-other worse i think.

On 21/05/2018 at 4:34 PM, Jeric said:

She shows frustration, not anger. She simply gets annoyed, which is (once again) ... not anger. 

Frustration is annoyance, which is also irritation and slight anger.

I find Rainbow's anger quite interesting. It's a trait I see in people that have little problems in life, like Rainbow Dash herself. She doesn't have a property to loose, she doesn't suffer from shyness, she doesn't have any major responsibilities really. You'd think she'd be the happiest and chilled out pony there is, yet, she flips over the silliest things. Even when it's just little annoyances, it does show how much little things bother her.

• Brohoof 1

:nom: 

(edited)

Some of RD's frustration comes from her ego and the egotism . She didn't like being 2nd fiddle to Lightning Dust.

Edited by Singe

20 minutes ago, Singe said:

Some of RD's frustration comes from her ego and the egotism . She didn't like being 2nd fiddle to Lightning Dust.

Neither to AJ.

I'd say RD has emotional issues in general - of which anger is sometimes a part of. She's shown over and over again that her biggest fear is being shown up, or perceived as "weak" - to that end, she often goes to great effort to hide her emotions, whether they be fear, joy, or everything in-between. Sometimes she is able to healthily let them out, but this seems to be the exception rather than the rule, and I would imagine any holding back of being upset or frustrated for extended periods of time has the likelihood of coming out in inappropriate outbursts as she sometimes does.

img-4349-1-img-4349-1-img-4349-1-2ikaxhc.jpg

"Let the steel of my resolve be not bested by the sum of my fears."