Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Windows 7 Thread

Nightfall

My brother tells me that W7 is terrible and I have no idea why.

I actually like it. I mean there are a few problems with certain programs and whatnot but you can get around those...

It's basically a less buggy version of vista... Which is good, vista was riddled with bugs

And I've been using Windows all my life, so I don't think I'll be switching to another operating system any time soon

I like windows 7. I think its better then Xp and Ubuntu but did you guys heard that Windows 7 is banned in Germany..

Until just now, no. Why?

Windows 7 is completely brilliant. The only thing wrong with a computer that comes with Windows 7 is that the same computer's only browser that comes with the computer is Internet Explorer. Of course, downloading FireFox or Chrome (best browser) isn't hard...

Until just now, no. Why?

Windows 7 is completely brilliant. The only thing wrong with a computer that comes with Windows 7 is that the same computer's only browser that comes with the computer is Internet Explorer. Of course, downloading FireFox or Chrome (best browser) isn't hard...

I am not sure why tho it has something to do with Motorola and Micorsoft along with the xbox 360 being banned as well.

http://techland.time.com/2012/05/02/xbox-360-windows-7-banned-in-germany-motorola-wins-patent-injunction/

I love Windows 7 - it's probably the best one that Microsoft has come out with. It's extremely fast, stable, and responsive.

We did have a number of problems with it at work when we started using it, mostly due to compatibility and that, but those have all since been dealt with.

In the wise words of Sheldon: Windows 7 is too user friendly. :P

Ok, I love Windows 7, its better than Vista (I tolerate it), and XP is just as bad as Vista.

7 is great because its fast, stylish, and flat out awesome. Its also the easiest Windows OS to use!

(edited)

Mac OS X Lion is a trillion times better, but W7 is easily the best PC OS.

Edited by tvguy347

(edited)

Mac OS X Lion is a trillion times better, but W7 is easily the best PC OS.

Oh please go on and explain why, and especially how the OS X system is superior :lol:

The only thing I find better with OS X is some of the applications you can get for it (that are OS X only).

Other then that I see no value in it. Unless I were to use it with a hackintosh build.

Are you going to say macs don't get viruses or malwares? Wrong, they do. They even found over 600k macs that were infected with a flashback malware.

Going to say the system is more stable? Wrong. I owned a mac around Snow Leopard release (not too much different from Lion I can assure you) and the system itself froze and even crashed on me several times when attempting to do as little as to create a partition on the hard drive with the bootcamp software.

Now a mac is way more expensive to get as well, with shittier hardware compared to custom build, or even prebuilt Desktops. Even alot of prebuilts laptop beats macbooks (including the pro models).

However building a hackintosh PC or getting to work with normal prebuilt desktops or laptops would make my complaint about the price invalid.

And best PC OS would have to be a Linux OS IMO. Had it not been for the applications and programs I use on windows, I'd have switched ages ago.

Now please explain to me why and how OS X Lion is a "trillion" times better.

Edited by TheBrokenToast

Oh please go on and explain why, and especially how the OS X system is superior :lol:

The only thing I find better with OS X is some of the applications you can get for it (that are OS X only).

Other then that I see no value in it. Unless I were to use it with a hackintosh build.

Are you going to say macs don't get viruses or malwares? Wrong, they do. They even found over 600k macs that were infected with a flashback malware.

Going to say the system is more stable? Wrong. I owned a mac around Snow Leopard release (not too much different from Lion I can assure you) and the system itself froze and even crashed on me several times when attempting to do as little as to create a partition on the hard drive with the bootcamp software.

Now a mac is way more expensive to get as well, with shittier hardware compared to custom build, or even prebuilt Desktops. Even alot of prebuilts laptop beats macbooks (including the pro models).

However building a hackintosh PC or getting to work with normal prebuilt desktops or laptops would make my complaint about the price invalid.

And best PC OS would have to be a Linux OS IMO. Had it not been for the applications and programs I use on windows, I'd have switched ages ago.

Now please explain to me why and how OS X Lion is a "trillion" times better.

Your attitude and demeanor is littered with arrogance. Just thought I'd mention that before going over your biased statements. I like Windows, and I like Mac OS X, but IN MY OPINION, Mac OS X is a trillion times better.

Right off the bat, the difference in malware and viruses on the PC and on the Mac is simply incomparable. You note the recent Flashback incident, but that truly is the only real outbreak that they've ever had on the Mac; getting a virus was something that was extremely rare on the Mac platform, and still somewhat is. However, with Windows, that sort of misfortune is a common annoyance for a majority of the Windows users. Also, look at how quickly Apple reacted and fixed the error. With my experience in the past, I was constantly plagued with problems on my PC; I've never once caught a virus with Mac OS X, and I've been a user since 2007. How many viruses have you had to deal with with your PC?

That is one example, one circumstantial incident, one error. Mac OS X is an enclosed ecosystem with a variety of quality applications. It's incredibly stable, and doesn't freeze up NEARLY as much as PCs do, especially if you're using a Mac with its assigned operating system. Now, it may lag a bit if you're using a Mac that was made with Tiger, and now you're using Lion (I'm not even sure if that's possible). Your example is something a majority of people never have experience. Did you know that old Macs can usually outperform or be on par with new PC laptops? (one example:

)

A custom build would still cost in the same range. o.o In WHAT universe is a custom build/PC's hardware better than the Mac's hardware? I think what you mean is the actual technological specs of the machine, in which case, YES, of COURSE a custom build would be better; why would you build your own for more/just as much money as a Mac if the specs were worse than a Mac?

I love how you neglect to mention Mac OS X's superiority in things like design, functionality, features, and uniqueness. When you buy Mac OS X, you don't just get the OS, you're buying into the Apple community. Those elements of Mac OS X totally outpace that of Windows.

And that's why I think it's a trillion times better than Windows. :lol:

(edited)

Your attitude and demeanor is littered with arrogance. Just thought I'd mention that before going over your biased statements. I like Windows, and I like Mac OS X, but IN MY OPINION, Mac OS X is a trillion times better.

Right off the bat, the difference in malware and viruses on the PC and on the Mac is simply incomparable. You note the recent Flashback incident, but that truly is the only real outbreak that they've ever had on the Mac; getting a virus was something that was extremely rare on the Mac platform, and still somewhat is. However, with Windows, that sort of misfortune is a common annoyance for a majority of the Windows users. Also, look at how quickly Apple reacted and fixed the error. With my experience in the past, I was constantly plagued with problems on my PC; I've never once caught a virus with Mac OS X, and I've been a user since 2007. How many viruses have you had to deal with with your PC?

That is one example, one circumstantial incident, one error. Mac OS X is an enclosed ecosystem with a variety of quality applications. It's incredibly stable, and doesn't freeze up NEARLY as much as PCs do, especially if you're using a Mac with its assigned operating system. Now, it may lag a bit if you're using a Mac that was made with Tiger, and now you're using Lion (I'm not even sure if that's possible). Your example is something a majority of people never have experience. Did you know that old Macs can usually outperform or be on par with new PC laptops? (one example: [media=]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc8RUBY0d4c&feature=related[/media])

A custom build would still cost in the same range. o.o In WHAT universe is a custom build/PC's hardware better than the Mac's hardware? I think what you mean is the actual technological specs of the machine, in which case, YES, of COURSE a custom build would be better; why would you build your own for more/just as much money as a Mac if the specs were worse than a Mac?

I love how you neglect to mention Mac OS X's superiority in things like design, functionality, features, and uniqueness. When you buy Mac OS X, you don't just get the OS, you're buying into the Apple community. Those elements of Mac OS X totally outpace that of Windows.

And that's why I think it's a trillion times better than Windows. :lol:

My attitude can be as bad, or as horrible as I wish it to be. But bringing that into this arguement just shows you're running out of arguements and proper counter points to throw at ne.

Now, most of your statements are pretty flawed.

And you should really start to do some proper research before getting into arguements such as this.

1. You never said it was your opinion. You literally stated it was a trillion times better. That's your first fail right there.

2. You say the difference in malware and viruses on both the PC and Mac is incomparable.

The numbers certainly are different but do not be mistaken.

Whether you want to live in your little fantasy world or face the cold and harsh truth, the fact still stays: Mac's CAN get viruses and malwares as well.

It is far easier for someone to avoid and get rid of such pests on the PC (taking into consideration that the person isn't a complete moron, has common sense and actually posesses a magical thing called "knowledge").

3. You ask how many viruses I've dealt with on a PC?

Both when using and not using an antivirus software I've never caught a virus.

You see, when I was young I learned about this extremely important thing called "common sense" and taken full advantage ot it. It's the best and free antivirus you can get ;)

4. Windows and Linux OS's have their equivalent applications, and you would've known that if you actually posessed knowledge of these things.

5. Now taking into consideration that you did not say "some" but only "PC's" I can assume you're implying that every PC freezes and is unstable. Also not true.

As I said I have experienced crashes and freezes with macs as well as PC's.

With my last 3-5 PC's I've had the last couple years I've never experienced that (unless purposely stress testing my system for faults and/or errors when overclocking) and can safely say that's a load of bullshit as well.

You're probably thinking about people like you who lack the knowledge of how both windows and a machine itself work.

6. My example can be considered as a minority of course, but the fact still stands: I am still a consumer and part of the community so it does count. And yes, Mac's can freeze and crash.

7. You linked a video with an older mac booting up against a Windows Vista system (in case you can't read this thread is for windows 7.) Vista WAS and IS shit of course, but that vista system could still kick the iBook's ass in benchmarks and any other stressful application.

That iBook was released around 1999, which brings me to another point: There was way less things for systems to load back then compared to the newer OS's, which again makes your arguement invalid.

8. No, a custom build's price would depend on the user's budget.

Most budgets are still LOWER then the price of a mac and till contains better hardware depending on what components the user chose to purchase and add in his/hers build.

"In WHAT universe is a custom build/PC's hardware better than the Mac's hardware?" I hope to god you're not serious about that xD..

In THIS universe a custom built outperforms ANY Mac in both price AND performance.

Looks like you also don't know **** about the organs of a machine as well. Prepare for more burns.

Did you know the hardware a mac uses is the same as any PC can be built with?

The ONLY differences between a Mac and a PC is the brand and the OS itself.

I could build a machine and install OS X on it for less money AND achieve far better performance than any mac will ever be able to. I really feel sorry for you.

9. Design and functionality.. I build PC's, I can design them however I want.

And since I am BUILDING it I can add the right components and it will kick a mac's ass with no problem for less the price. I never neglected the mac's design, that's just you being dumb and assuming things that never were stated.

I was in all honesty amused by your flawed arguements. Pointing out each and every flaw has been far too easy for me. And the fact that you lack both knowledge and experience puts you at a huge disadvantage.

Now I don't know about you but I can keep countering your ridiculous and flawed arguements all day long.

So throw as many of them as you can at me :wub:

I know I'm harsh when I argue. But that's just who I am~

Edited by TheBrokenToast

My attitude can be as bad, or as horrible as I wish it to be. But bringing that into this arguement just shows you're running out of arguements and proper counter points to throw at ne.

Now, most of your statements are pretty flawed.

And you should really start to do some proper research before getting into arguements such as this.

1. You never said it was your opinion. You literally stated it was a trillion times better. That's your first fail right there.

2. You say the difference in malware and viruses on both the PC and Mac is incomparable.

The numbers certainly are different but do not be mistaken.

Whether you want to live in your little fantasy world or face the cold and harsh truth, the fact still stays: Mac's CAN get viruses and malwares as well.

It is far easier for someone to avoid and get rid of such pests on the PC (taking into consideration that the person isn't a complete moron, has common sense and actually posesses a magical thing called "knowledge").

3. You ask how many viruses I've dealt with on a PC?

Both when using and not using an antivirus software I've never caught a virus.

You see, when I was young I learned about this extremely important thing called "common sense" and taken full advantage ot it. It's the best and free antivirus you can get ;)

4. Windows and Linux OS's have their equivalent applications, and you would've known that if you actually posessed knowledge of these things.

5. Now taking into consideration that you did not say "some" but only "PC's" I can assume you're implying that every PC freezes and is unstable. Also not true.

As I said I have experienced crashes and freezes with macs as well as PC's.

With my last 3-5 PC's I've had the last couple years I've never experienced that (unless purposely stress testing my system for faults and/or errors when overclocking) and can safely say that's a load of bullshit as well.

You're probably thinking about people like you who lack the knowledge of how both windows and a machine itself work.

6. My example can be considered as a minority of course, but the fact still stands: I am still a consumer and part of the community so it does count. And yes, Mac's can freeze and crash.

7. You linked a video with an older mac booting up against a Windows Vista system (in case you can't read this thread is for windows 7.) Vista WAS and IS shit of course, but that vista system could still kick the iBook's ass in benchmarks and any other stressful application.

That iBook was released around 1999, which brings me to another point: There was way less things for systems to load back then compared to the newer OS's, which again makes your arguement invalid.

8. No, a custom build's price would depend on the user's budget.

Most budgets are still LOWER then the price of a mac and till contains better hardware depending on what components the user chose to purchase and add in his/hers build.

"In WHAT universe is a custom build/PC's hardware better than the Mac's hardware?" I hope to god you're not serious about that xD..

In THIS universe a custom built outperforms ANY Mac in both price AND performance.

Looks like you also don't know **** about the organs of a machine as well. Prepare for more burns.

Did you know the hardware a mac uses is the same as any PC can be built with?

The ONLY differences between a Mac and a PC is the brand and the OS itself.

I could build a machine and install OS X on it for less money AND achieve far better performance than any mac will ever be able to. I really feel sorry for you.

9. Design and functionality.. I build PC's, I can design them however I want.

And since I am BUILDING it I can add the right components and it will kick a mac's ass with no problem for less the price. I never neglected the mac's design, that's just you being dumb and assuming things that never were stated.

I was in all honesty amused by your flawed arguements. Pointing out each and every flaw has been far too easy for me. And the fact that you lack both knowledge and experience puts you at a huge disadvantage.

Now I don't know about you but I can keep countering your ridiculous and flawed arguements all day long.

So throw as many of them as you can at me :wub:

I know I'm harsh when I argue. But that's just who I am~

I said that because it shows you have a huge bias in your argument. Nearly all of your evidence is from personal experiences, which proves nothing. This is about software, I don't know why you brought up custom builds and actual hardware comparisons of Macs and Windows. And it's funny, because while you point out most of my statements our flawed, so are yours. When I said Mac OS X is better than Windows 7, you perceived it as Macs are better than PCs. No. Of course a custom build can kick a Pro's ass! It has the specs to do so! However, with the fully pumped Mac, it will blow anything out of the water any day. Now, let me proceed to rip apart your incredibly arrogant analysis of my analysis.

1.) I think it can be assumed it's my opinion, as, y'know, I'm saying it...

2.) Did I ever say that they can't? Nope. Face the cold facts and realize that PCs are in a wider area to catch viruses and malware, while Macs are in a much more secluded, lesser area! :D I'm glad you brought that last part up, because that's one way Macs are better than PCs: they're user-friendly! Some people may NOT have technological common sense, such as elderly people wanting to buy a computer for something like Facebook, maybe a school for kids... a Mac is usable straight out of the box, already able to be used for anything.

3.) It's funny how you keep bringing up common sense; you seem to lack any, especially if you believe Windows is a superior OS. :S

4.) Never said they didn't... you really need to learn to read things. "---a variety of quality apps" should not be confused with "WINDOWZ AND LINUXX DONT HAVE ANY QUALITY APPZ!"

5.) No, of course not.

The last few were mostly hardware bashes. If you wish to continue arguing about how custom builds are far superior to pre-designed Mac hardware, fill free (in case you can't read, this topic is about Windows 7, and I was discussing Mac OS X. That stuff's called software! :D).

(edited)

I said that because it shows you have a huge bias in your argument. Nearly all of your evidence is from personal experiences, which proves nothing. This is about software, I don't know why you brought up custom builds and actual hardware comparisons of Macs and Windows. And it's funny, because while you point out most of my statements our flawed, so are yours. When I said Mac OS X is better than Windows 7, you perceived it as Macs are better than PCs. No. Of course a custom build can kick a Pro's ass! It has the specs to do so! However, with the fully pumped Mac, it will blow anything out of the water any day. Now, let me proceed to rip apart your incredibly arrogant analysis of my analysis.

1.) I think it can be assumed it's my opinion, as, y'know, I'm saying it...

2.) Did I ever say that they can't? Nope. Face the cold facts and realize that PCs are in a wider area to catch viruses and malware, while Macs are in a much more secluded, lesser area! :D I'm glad you brought that last part up, because that's one way Macs are better than PCs: they're user-friendly! Some people may NOT have technological common sense, such as elderly people wanting to buy a computer for something like Facebook, maybe a school for kids... a Mac is usable straight out of the box, already able to be used for anything.

3.) It's funny how you keep bringing up common sense; you seem to lack any, especially if you believe Windows is a superior OS. :S

4.) Never said they didn't... you really need to learn to read things. "---a variety of quality apps" should not be confused with "WINDOWZ AND LINUXX DONT HAVE ANY QUALITY APPZ!"

5.) No, of course not.

The last few were mostly hardware bashes. If you wish to continue arguing about how custom builds are far superior to pre-designed Mac hardware, fill free (in case you can't read, this topic is about Windows 7, and I was discussing Mac OS X. That stuff's called software! :D).

Again little filly, you don't know anything about hardware.. A fully specced mac still wouldn't beat a custom rig =/

I never said PC's weren't in the wider area to catch viruses and malware. They do due to a careless user.

Honeslty.. You'd have to be pretty stoned to not be able to use Windows 7.. It's pretty simple to use. Even 5 year olds can do it.

And I never said Windows is the superior OS. I stated that PC's themselves are better. A PC can also mean Linux. Now you made a fool out of yourself again.

Oh I'm sorry, stating that Linux and Windows have equivalent applications implies that you said "WINDOWZ AND LINUXX DONT HAVE ANY QUALITY APPZ!"? And now the "You really need to learn how to read thing" really backfired on you.

I was only bringing the hardware in due to a OS requiring them to run. But if we speak software wise only then Windows 7 is far more stable than OS X. You can throw pretty much anything at it, whether it be video editing, photo editing, composing music, extreme games and have it all run pretty flawless. You can even have alot of those processes run real-time together with no issues.

Edited by TheBrokenToast

I was only bringing the hardware in due to a OS requiring them to run. But if we speak software wise only then Windows 7 is far more stable than OS X. You can throw pretty much anything at it, whether it me video editing, photo editing, composing music, extreme games and have it all run pretty flawless. You can even have alot of those processes run real-time together with no issues.

Cut out all that excess shit not because I don't have a differing argument, but because I'm growing tired of the cliche Mac vs. PC argument. I'd much rather discuss software with you.

Mac OS X can do the same. I can't ever recall getting the spinning beach ball; while I have Photoshop, Inkscape, a few games, Pages, Safari, iTunes, Final Cut Express, and a few other things open simultaneously and actively using them, I get near-perfect performance. However, that goes back to hardware. What my real point was was the raw beauty, functionality, design, and features of Mac OS X, which I just don't think W7 can match.

(edited)

Cut out all that excess shit not because I don't have a differing argument, but because I'm growing tired of the cliche Mac vs. PC argument. I'd much rather discuss software with you.

Mac OS X can do the same. I can't ever recall getting the spinning beach ball; while I have Photoshop, Inkscape, a few games, Pages, Safari, iTunes, Final Cut Express, and a few other things open simultaneously and actively using them, I get near-perfect performance. However, that goes back to hardware. What my real point was was the raw beauty, functionality, design, and features of Mac OS X, which I just don't think W7 can match.

You do realize when I say "games" that I mean the hard to run titles that utilize DX11 that actually does hog on hardware resources right?

And it's just as I explained, OS performance relies an awful lot on the hardware, but back to the OS's.

You believe Windows 7 can't match that when in fact it'll run a DX11 game (Metro 2033 is a good example seeing as it still brings some systems to their knees), render a video, watch a 1080p video, run eyefinity resolutions (that would be a resolution like 5760x1080 which is achieved with AMD cards), work on photoshop, work on music and do it all real-time?

That's funny.

Now OS X obviously can't run DX11 games on it's own, even tho some systems might have a card that supports it. Consider that a fail right there. Another thing is eyefinity resolutions as I mentioned. They are outstanding in both immersiveness for games and when used right can provide a nice and huge desktop with lot's of workspace (eyefinity can go up to an awful alot of screens meaning more extreme resolutions).

That also means it'll run the applications, including the games at such high resolution. Now that alone is impressive in itself because eyefinity at 5760x1080 alone is pretty intense. Now as I said it can go alot higher, and Windows 7 can work with that and the previously mentioned tasks in real-time.

Also it's obvious that Windows is the superior OS for gaming, which gives it a nice point seeing as it'll do that and the rest.

I also forgot to mention that Microsoft is providing one of the best free antivirus's you can get and that it has quite some useful options to prevent viruses and malware from infecting the system. :3

Edited by TheBrokenToast