Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Astral Projection Thread

Lucid_Nightlight

(edited)

Astral projection, sounds crazy, right? Well, it's more real than some of you may thing.

In this thread we disscuss methods, stories, experiences, and other things related to astral projection.

No, this is not a religious thread. Any person of any religion or lack thereof can do it.

UPDATE:

Why did I even make this? This astral stuff is a load of baloney. Seriously, my experience was scary sleep paralysis and nothing all that fun. Pretty terrible actually.

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

(edited)

Disclaimer: I do not advocate the use of drugs.

With that out of the way, DMT. The fastest way to experience this is DMT. I can't really describe it very well tbh. When you have your eyes closed, it starts out kinda like you're inside a kaleidoscope only more vivid. Then, you start to feel your head tensing up, kinda like you have a headache going on, and then pop. You leave your body behind. For me, it was like a black void, but it was filled with millions of colorful lights, it was really warm, and there was a feeling of total bliss. It felt like I was there for hours, but my friend that was with me said that the trip only lasted about 10 minutes.

Don't do drugs kids, as there are dangers to the use of DMT, but do look into alternative methods to achieve this.

Edited by Twiggy

People may say it was because of the drugs, but I've never been quite sure. When I was a teen, I needed surgery on my left arm. I was hooked to an IV to give me the pre surgical  drugs. I also had an O2 line in my nose. It was a local, but due to my fears (Watched the movie "Coma") I was to remain awake. I'll admit, I was feeling no pain. When the nurse left the room, I decided to follow. I went (With the pesky open back gown!) and stood in the doorway of my room and looked up and down the hall. People walked by, but didn't pay any attention to me. I got scared I would get in trouble, and suddenly I was back in the bed...WITH IV and O2 line still properly connected. It happened two more times until someone came back to move me to the operating room. I told people about it, but everyone says I was just "High" on the drugs. It wasn't strange or weird though. Everything looked perfectly normal and logical. I just seemed to move to the doorway, and then back to the bed with no time/movement in-between. 

5 minutes ago, Twiggy said:

Disclaimer: I do not advocate the use of drugs.

With that out of the way, DMT. The fastest way to experience this is DMT. I can't really describe it very well tbh. When you have your eyes closed, it starts out kinda like you're inside a kaleidoscope only more vivid. Then, you start to feel your head tensing up, kinda like you have a headache going on, and then pop. You leave your body behind. For me, it was like a black void, but it was filled with millions of colorful lights, it was really warm, and there was a feeling of total bliss. It felt like I was there for hours, but my friend that was with me said that the trip only lasted about 10 minutes.

Don't do drugs kids, as there are dangers to the use of DMT, but do look into alternative methods to achieve this.

I don't do drugs, my method is inducing a lucid dream, floating up, then imagining myself leaving my body. This method works for me, but it could be different for you.

There are many different methods you can try that does not include substances.

I believe most substances only make you hallucinate and not truly leave the body. (I've never tried, but judging by what I've learned through research, this is likely the case)

Do through natural methods and you wil experience the real deal. You can see other entities, visit other dimensions, and maybe even meet a few other astral projectors.

Do your research before doing it though, trust me on this.

You'll find a lot about entities you will come across. Pay attention to all that, it'll help you. Believe me, you want to know about the entities. The low level (not pleasent), mid level (eh, their fine), and the high level (they are pretty cool)

This has happened to me several times, and honestly there’s so much detail to it all that I’ll try to keep it to a minimum:

Before I state these facts, none of these things happened while I was on drugs of any kind. Except a beer or something, which I don’t think induces this kind of stuff (for me, at least xD)

I’ve been experiencing lucid dreams, astral projection, and sleep paralysis my whole life. All of those experiences have all seemed very... related. Like, they seem to be one in the same, just on different levels. But that’s just my opinion and my experiences.

Most of the time I just get sleep paralysis. Or lucid dreams. But three times I got astral projection.

The first two times it was simply just feeling my “soul” floating up to the ceiling out of my body. But I couldn’t really keep it up there, as I felt I didn’t have the strength to stay out of my body (weird way of explaining it, but that’s how it felt)

Finally, the third time I actually walked out of my body from being asleep, walked through my room over to the railing by the staircase. I saw my dad look at something on the wall because he was near the bottom of the stairs (I asked him after I woke up if he looked at the wall, and he said yes). I wanted to say something but I couldn’t. It was really kinda scary. I walked back to my room (still out of my body) and looked at my hands, but couldn’t feel them. I felt myself from my body getting scared, then suddenly woke up!

Also, in all of those experiences it felt like there was a cord from my physical body to my “soul”.

I could go on about this forever but those are my experiences!

I was really interested in the idea of astral projection back in 2014, when my interest in the paranormal was at its peak. However, despite still meditating most every night, I've only had a few experiences where I've even felt close to having an out-of-body experience. It's bizarre, because both my older brother and sister once told me they each had one, and they weren't as interested in the supernatural as I was. Regardless, I wouldn't mind trying another go at having one. From what I've been told, it's pretty cool. :orly:

1 hour ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

I've never tried, but judging by what I've learned through research, this is likely the case

My research on the subject has told me different actually, though I will not pretend to know as much as you. I've heard it theorized that much of what make astral projection, other dimensions, etc. possible for us is the DMT that comes naturally from our brains. Not necessarily that it is the root cause, but that the chemical helps get our brains into the right space for it.

1 hour ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

I don't do drugs, my method is inducing a lucid dream

Any tips on achieving this? I've tried for quite a while and still haven't managed to get it down.

17 minutes ago, Twiggy said:

My research on the subject has told me different actually, though I will not pretend to know as much as you. I've heard it theorized that much of what make astral projection, other dimensions, etc. possible for us is the DMT that comes naturally from our brains. Not necessarily that it is the root cause, but that the chemical helps get our brains into the right space for it.

Any tips on achieving this? I've tried for quite a while and still haven't managed to get it down.

When I say research, I mean based off what I've read, regardless of the accuracy. I could totally be wrong.

I suggest constant reality checks everyday. Ask yourself if you are in a dream. Look at words and sentences and close your eyes to see if they change. Or try other things. Keep doing that everyday and it'll eventually happen.

You will go into a lucid dream and you can use it as a bridge into the astral realm.

• Brohoof 1

When I was younger I used to have vivid 'flying dreams' where I could take off and fly at will. That's not unusual but they often began with me 'leaving my body' and exiting the house. I don't know how or why it happened and have never been able to replicate the experience consciously. All I remember is that I could move through walls to go outside and it felt like I was walking through running water like a waterfall whenever I passed through something. I never did drugs and was not on medication or any unusual substances at any time. Nothing like this has happened in years and I wish I could do it again. 

On 6/17/2018 at 1:56 AM, Narcissus said:

When I was younger I used to have vivid 'flying dreams' where I could take off and fly at will. That's not unusual but they often began with me 'leaving my body' and exiting the house. I don't know how or why it happened and have never been able to replicate the experience consciously. All I remember is that I could move through walls to go outside and it felt like I was walking through running water like a waterfall whenever I passed through something. I never did drugs and was not on medication or any unusual substances at any time. Nothing like this has happened in years and I wish I could do it again. 

You can totally do it consciously. Look up astral projection methods and see what works for you.

No person is the same, so what may for for one person may or may not work for you, but anyone can do it.

My method is to do it through a lucid dream. When you are in a lucid dream, float upwards through a roof while imagining you are leaving your body.

Be sure to do research on astral entities though, they can scare you and feed off that negative energy. Just don't be scared and they will back off. If you can't not be scared, call for the help of a higher entity or just say "back to my body" to wake up.

Do some research on entities, realms, locations, and other things before doing it.

• 1 year later...

I  hope it's okay to add to this thread still, not sure if OP is around now anyway.

Imo astral projection is pretty harmful even though it seems like a good or fun thing at first glance. I haven't ever really got successfully into doing anything "amazing".

But I have had sleep paralysis before and lucid dreaming that turns to such thing while trying out things like this. And those phenomeon are all pretty much interelated. It was terrible stuff.

I know most ppl won't relate to it or think it's a legit thing but I do warn if anyone is into this stuff or is considering to do so take a second look.

Also the so called 'Astral entities' are a lot more harmful than you think. Though they aren't really real entities in the genuine sense, what I reccomend is just go to sleep normally at night XD 

Edited by flurry

I've gotten pretty close to it. Let me assure you, Astral projection is very real, but you have to 100% believe in it and think positive for a really long time in order for it to work properly. Also practice meditation. 

On 2021-03-22 at 12:18 AM, flurry said:

I  hope it's okay to add to this thread still, not sure if OP is around now anyway.

Imo astral projection is pretty harmful even though it seems like a good or fun thing at first glance. I haven't ever really got successfully into doing anything "amazing".

But I have had sleep paralysis before and lucid dreaming that turns to such thing while trying out things like this. And those phenomeon are all pretty much interelated. It was terrible stuff.

I know most ppl won't relate to it or think it's a legit thing but I do warn if anyone is into this stuff or is considering to do so take a second look.

Also the so called 'Astral entities' are a lot more harmful than you think. Though they aren't really real entities in the genuine sense, what I reccomend is just go to sleep normally at night XD 

I think its called "Bangungut"

@flurry

Its a nightmare that can kill you..... Experienced it 3 times..... Only technik i know how to avoid getting bad dreams is dont sleep facing up. And if it's happening already... Well fight for your life to move to cancel it out.

Ive experienced the "shadow" the "fat lady" and the "cold hand."

Edited by Kujamih

• 4 months later...

Ooooh, this thread exists here! Back before i started working nights I was into astral projecting. I never got far with it, got too busy with life to really focus on working on it but I do highly believe it's true and can be done! I've read and listened to experiences of others and it's super fascinating. I've lucid dreamed before as well. 

Perhaps when my life settles down a bit more, I'll get back into astral travel. For now I'm just content reading and researching the subject. 

• Brohoof 1

I never put much stock in it personally. I’ve been told about it by others who are into it and the concept doesn’t hold water. I can imagine some different things that could be construed (or misconstrued) as astral projection, but such things are hard to define. Lucid dreaming, drugs, mental conditions, etc could all have a bearing on the matter. I know people who have flying dreams and even go to certain places that seem very real when they’re asleep, but whether those are all just dreams, mental perception or a higher understanding, I don’t know. But the concept of astral travel, at least as I’ve been told about it, is not the label I’d put to describe any of these other phenomena.

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...

From someone who traveled the astral planes, I can tell you there are some pretty awful things lurking in some of those dimensions. I mean, some of them emulate the bestial and derranged behaviours of actual people you can see on the streets.
And then you realize that the consciousness of these people has been lowered to the point those entities are inhabiting their physical body. And living through them, here in our reality. It is like the ancient texts. The principalities of the lower realms are interfacing with our dimensional locale. And create all sort of addictive behaviours, and mental illnesses on individuals. Sometimes driving these people to ruin.
There are entities with different proclivities. And sometimes you can feel them attached to someone. For example, you see someone and it looks like a human being, but internally, it feels like you are watching something that is not human. And their behaviour is surreal. Erratic and violent, almost impish. I know it is difficult to understand, considering the reductive scientific dogma that has been use to detach the world from spirit.
And it gets worse. There are hierarchies with highly sophisticated forms of negative intelligence among the higher echelons of demonic entities. And they usually are said to be in positions of hidden power. Individuals from the secret lodges from our world that have willingly given up their bodies so an entity can posses them. Insane.

• Brohoof 2