Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sonic Fan Club

Dashy 4 Ever

10 hours ago, Twilight Luna said:

Power Rangers was airing at the same time as SatAM on Saturday mornings at 8:30am. At the time, nothing could really compete with how popular Power Rangers was. The damage to their ratings made them try airing it at different time which confused fans because they never knew when it would come on. Another thing that hurt it was that ABC started airing Saturday morning sports programs. 

https://www.sonicscene.net/sonic-cartoons/satam/satam-cancellation

Well... I may be willing to admit it's one nail in the head, but I don't know if I'd say it was the final nail. I'd put a bigger blame on the studio execs that didn't have enough faith in the cartoon and decided to let it die. It's not always about the new show on the block, it's also about how you promote the shows you've got and if you're willing to put your faith/money into letting it live longer. There's a lot of shows that died before their time simply because the network execs didn't have any desire to keep them going. And when it comes to all the interviews I've heard from people that worked on the cartoon, I can't recall anyone actually blaming Power Rangers directly. It may have become the king of that timeslot, but blaming a different show from a different network is basically shifting blame.

But hey, that's just my opinion. I'm both a Sonic and a Tokusatsu fan, so I'm in no place to play favorites. :please:

• Brohoof 1