Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Generation 4 really going downhill?

heavens-champion

(edited)

While I don't think I've enjoyed it to the same degree as when I first joined the fandom, I'm still very happy with what I'm getting. Take it as you will. 

Edited by Cash In

A question like that is always going to be a matter of personal perspective. Personally; I would have to disagree with that notion. To me, season 7 was the best of the series by far, and while it hasn't reached the heights of it yet, season 8 is proving to be consistent and arguably stronger dialogue wise. To me, Gen4 is doing just fine.

I dunno, but I could probably honestly say it no longer resonates with me as it once did. But then, I haven't watched Season 7 or 8, so maybe it'll still be great when I get around to watching some more. I just have other stuff on my radar currently. 

I'd say it's stagnanting more than rapidly going down hill. The show is just tired and played out. I'm actually behind a few episodes and I feel very little motivation to catch up. This is almost worse than it rapidly becoming worse, cause at least I would feel something about that. With this, I just am finding myself not caring.

• Brohoof 1

To me id is Yawn not the same anymore. I believe the reason the School was Slapped in was to sell another play set. The stories use to be AWESOME on a crazy cool Roller Coaster however i feel it went into snail Go Round mode.

The Main Reason they brought the MLP show Back was Toys Tory Toy, Sell Sell Sell, in the hopes those who loved the show will buy buy buy. I got Suckered in buying the G3 Toys and i told myself never again. G4 toys forget it, G1 toys are Way better true they are old however a million time better than the modern stuff they barf up.

in G1 you had a mix and variety to choose from. G2 were action figures crappy as hello Gravy. G3 were like the G1 however not as well thought out or creative as the origional. and The G4 had an army of the main 6 repeats. true they were the main focus. but lets face it you get bored buying repeats of the same charecter, just tweaked up to resell to you again.

Hasbro Needs to Rethink MLP it has great promise, however their main reason to invent the show was to sell stuff to kids families and fans. The only was they will get serious on the franchise  is with a competetor on the market ;)

Wink Wink, Hint Hint,

Oh I got Plans, Big Plans ;) Its a Work in Progress, For Now.

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't call it 'going downhill' so much as winding down to its inevitable conclusion. The show hit bottom several seasons ago and has been steadily climbing its way back up ever since. So if anything it's leveling off respectably. But it's clear the writers are running out of ideas for the Mane 6 and are gearing toward the cessation of the current generation in preparation for G5. 

• Brohoof 1

Every single thing is existence is going downhill according to some group of people or another. No matter what it does, how good it is, or whether fans enjoy it.. there is always that group standing in the corner either mumbling or proclaiming how much better it used to be the day before.

IMO, no it is not going downhill. Saying it is going downhill for me, is me saying I don't like it anymore... and I have better things to do than watch shows I don't like telling people how much I don't like it. ^_^

I think it's getting stagnant is more accurate. S8 is not on par with S7, but still hold strong, but guess is time for another group to inherit the spotlight

• 1 month later...

Yes, it is; but not as bad as you think.

G4 has already reached the top at 2012 and we can never bring back the heatwave it once had. After that, G4's popularity has been declining through these years, but the slope of the downhill just that steep so ppl leaving the fandom is not quite obvious until recent years.

The fandom itself will continue going as long as there are both content creators and supports, maybe we could even have another top among the valleys, but it's just too difficult to make it higher than the peak we have reached

MLP FiM should have ended at season 7. Since it didn't, G4 must now focus on characters who are not the main characters. If it doesn't then any episode that focuses on the characters who have their arcs and development completed (the mane six, Starlight, and the CMC) is either a bad episode, an episode that exists to assist in the development and arcs of the newer characters, or an episode that accomplishes nothing. The School of Friendship exists to develop the student six and their arcs.

Season 8 and other following seasons aren't really going downhill, but it has experienced change.

Edited by EpicEnergy
  • Brohoof 1