Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Spyro reignited trilogy and spyro fans

Angle Alastor

Hey anyone want to tell me what their favorite dragon designs from Reignited are? There so much variety, I think there’s something for everyone. If you have more than one, please share all of them!

My favorites have to be Nestor and Lucas. Nestor is just stupid levels of regal, and dare I say, attractive. And I headcanon him as Spyro’s dad.

And Lucas’ design is pretty much my aesthetic. The blue and gold? So pretty. And his map tattoo on his wings, and the hovering globe and jewelry, and his asymmetrical horns? Love it! And his hopping animation as an old dude is adorable.

Spoiler

C7220232-1F40-4E67-9F01-1462B0FF59C7.thumb.jpeg.ee3c37cd1f0d368efc1751cf67e5b9fc.jpeg3CFB904E-75C9-44CB-8832-8C76EC79B6DB.thumb.jpeg.b1fdb048fdcc3e92ab1775db4a3b6b53.jpeg

I rarely admire people, but dang, I admire the concept artist Nicholas Kole.

I never grew up with Spyro, since I was always a Nintendo Gamer. I only got to play a little back in the day due to playing the local copy of PlayStation at Daycare or a friend of the family's house. That and the Gamecube port of Enter the Dragonfly (where you shoot bubbles as well as ice and Sparks) was the only time I've played a Spyro game

But that I recently got the port of the Reignited Trilogy on Nintendo Switch, I get to experience first hand what made Spyro so great.

Honesty, I'm not as impressed as I thought I'd be. Likely due to the Seinfeld is Unfunny trope being in effect. It's when an once-innovative work seems derivative after its original tropes become commonplace.

Still, the game plays and looks amazing. It's just it seems very standard since I'm already used to platforming with Mario. No offense to the Spyro fans who grew up on those. It's just my life's experience. And I adore Spyro's attitude and character. He can be cute and cool at the same time!

I have never played any of the Spyro games but I remember watching my brother play a game on his Playstation. He would never let me play... I have watched all of the cutscenes from the Spyro Reignited Trilogy, though and it looked fantastic!

• Brohoof 3

23 minutes ago, Bakugou Is My Man ❤ said:

I have never played any of the Spyro games but I remember watching my brother play a game on his Playstation. He would never let me play... I have watched all of the cutscenes from the Spyro Reignited Trilogy, though and it looked fantastic!

The characters are soooo charming. I love them. XD

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, ShadOBabe said:

The characters are soooo charming. I love them. XD

Yes, I actually enjoy how detail and distinct each of the freed dragons look.

So far, it's those giant Bugs in High Cliffs that are dwindling down my lives.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Wolf Guide said:

Yes, I actually enjoy how detail and distinct each of the freed dragons look.

So far, it's those giant Bugs in High Cliffs that are dwindling down my lives.

OMG those spiders are the worst. Feels good when you blast them with Super Charge or Super Flame though.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Prospekt said:

1 year later and I'm still in love with this remaster. I'd go as far as saying this is my favorite remake of all time. And that's not just nostalgia talking ;)

*clings* I love it so much @Prospekt!! It makes me soooo happy!!

:wub:

• 2 weeks later...

Wanted to add, Started playing this game last November and finished it in January. Miss playing it cos enjoy playing it and looking at characters and back grounds. Like new look of Checkpoint/saving point fairy on Spyro game 1 and fauns from Fracture Hills have their voice change, voices in old games were horrible but these characters I always remember. Manage to get past some mini games that I unable in old games. Try to play again like used to do with old games, but games sometimes stress me out.

• Brohoof 1