Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Spyro reignited trilogy and spyro fans

Angle Alastor

Ok this game has 2 months before changing anything and i would have to say i am loving it so much ! i am super happy they are making this , i never wouldve thought there would be another spyro  , after crash remake i though ohh ok thats it then i guess but once they announced this i thought yep day one no questions asked i would get it on digital and get the cover disc version for the cover art.

So i made this topic for anyone wants to talk about spyro or or other spyro games , or post any new announcements for the trilogy , videos , new screenshots , comic con live feed (which is coming up soon ).

• Brohoof 3

Did someone say Dragon?!!?

I remember some... thirteen years ago, visiting my sister's place and playing her old PlayStation Spyro games. That got me hooked on the ok' Purple Menace (to sheep) since! It's a right shame that I think Rareware or whomever fell apart not soon after & there wasn't any one being to attribute the character's creation to so the franchise sort of just whimpered & blew out...

It's a DRAGON! I can't even think of another video game or show that dares to have a dragon for a main character! Even in books we barely have Eragon (where I believe she's more a steed & co-protagonist) and the Wings of Fire series! Why is it so hard to write or make dragon centric stuff? In Nefarian's Name, you all KNOW I'd throw money at anything that does, regardless of quality! 

I tried playing the two handheld gameboy games too. While they had all the same humor, creativity (who else remembers the scarecrow... scaredragon Boss?), & style of the franchise they still stole the spotlight from Spyro with their fun, but underdeveloped crew of side characters. And then Skylanders put the final nail in the coffin for poor Spyro! Poor, poor Spyro... the most abused & forgotten mascot of all...

He was so cool! A dragon rescuing dragons! Sure, he was cocky, but he was a Dragon after all. Kind of hard to not feel like you got this when ya got wings, firebreath & horns to headbutt with! He got scared, over his head, had to learn & struggle. They made something as lofty as a dragon emotionally relatable! ...like making a show about Unicorns 🦄 how would it not sell?!

I so have got to stay on top of development news with this! Soon! It shall truly be the Day of the Dragon!

(Anybeing know when Cynder came into the franchise? I soooo want a crossover with Ember & Spike! Squee!) :wub::wub:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@WiddershinsWell there is Dragon:  The Game but there isn't much to do on there and there is also I of the dragon, I is a part of the name, but again there isn't much to do in it either or at least that's what I heard when I went looking through these two back in 2014.  Most of the time when it's a dragon it's either the antagonist and can't be played or a mount, but unless you are making the game, you don't really get a choice of what the game is about, what characters there are, and how it's made.  I do wish there was more dragon games just like you, but what can we do.

I'm not sure if they'll actually keep making spyro games beyond this or if they'll only stick with hd remakes, but I suspect it'll just be hd remakes and that's it.

Edited by Simcity11100
  • Brohoof 1

@Simcity11100 Well, Game Grumps once played some shoddy tank-controls game of you shooting down things as a dragon. Multiple dragony city-building mobile games & cheap internet games, I'm sure. There's something called Towergirls or something with three cute dragon bosses... but that might not have the... "best of intentions."

But I do digress.

Wonder what & how they will do Spyro? All three at the same time, or sold in sequence as they're developed? Surely they won't just update graphics and just keep the games the same every other way. Wouldn't justify reselling it then! ...don't think PlayStation still exists...

• 1 month later...

@Adam Burt Eh, the Spyro franchise has always had a creatively huge cast of characters. Like the yeti & Sargent Byrd. Mostly in attempts to appeal wider. As if dragons weren’t awesome enough.

Sheila looks weird with hair... but hey, I’m a Furry & I ain’t gonna turn down creative design.

Hunter looks ... h-hoh... *blush*... wow~... *ahem*... like a typical Bro dude, of course. That was always the role he played with his buddy, Spyro.

Personally, hoping for Moneybags. He was one of those characters you loved to hate! He just set up shop where you had to just dump every coin you got up til then just to continue the game & it was SO therapeutic to literally beat the gems back out of him that one time. 

And believe you me. If there’s ANY currency or value system in these games... Moneybags WILL be there! 

“Hmm? The world will end without this special bauble, you say? How convenient it is that I just so happen to have the only one...”

• Brohoof 2

...Nnn... the chest floof on Hunter...

*ahem!* Oh hey! My boy, Moneybags! Playing both sides of the conflict again, I see. Can’t really blame a bear for profit, I suppose!

... is that the Spongebob guy doing Spyro? ...want to say Richard Kenny?

Edited by Widdershins
  • Brohoof 1

Just now, Widdershins said:

...Nnn... the chest floor on Hunter...

*ahem!* Oh hey! My boy, Moneybags! Playing both sides of the conflict again, I see. Can’t really blame a bear for profit, I suppose!

... is that the Spingebob guy doing Spyro? ...want to say Richard Kenny?

yep he is doing all 3 spyro games even though he did 2 and 3 but this is first time doing the first game ,

at first glance at a thumbnail at hunter i almost thought, hmmm not sure about this , so i decided to play the video anyways and wow they really nailed hunter and also elora down! although its a verry small nitpick but should elora have some sort of purple eye shadow like she had in the first one ? but overall she sounded so cute ! xD

7 hours ago, Adam Burt said:

Have anyone seen new characters of Sheila and Elora and Hunter?

I saw the new designs quite recently and I have to say that although Sheila looks completely different than she used to, I really like the new design; the hair style is especially adorable. She's always been a favorite of mine.

• 2 months later...

*ahem*

And it's launched, baby!

Spyro flies again!!!

And with it, my passion is also reignited!

I tell you, I'd make a mean Toasty cosplay!

Just had my bro download it on his Xbox and the game is sooo amazing! So faithful to the original game designs that I can still recall where secrets are hidden or ways to go! What it's really done is completely overhaul the design on everything!

Which is my major takeaway there. Really great models. Those dragons look so strong. Such... thick, strong, wide, powerful hips... I mean legs. Like... dragons, y'know? Quite admirable & enviable in how... well toned those... powerful leg muscles are. And animated so well too! Way they flex & pose... one even just stands there, balancing on his... massive, muscular tail as he gazes down at you, engrossed in what he's writing... So strong~*...

Okay, think that's enough outta you! Think we need some time apart from Spyro for a while to recover!!

.....WAIT! WHY AREN'T THERE ANY FEMALE DRAGONS?!!?

You're only noticing that now?!!?  

• Brohoof 1

Damn, I remember playing all three games, but only finishing the second XD. Never owned the first one myself, however, managed to reach the fifth world about three times. I did finish the second one 100% more than once. Owned the third one as well, but never finished it...... BECAUSE IT WAS PIRATED :-D. Bought it at the PSN, but my brother is the only one who played and finished it, but I was planning to do so later. Looks like I have no reason to do so now :catface:

• Brohoof 2

I don't own a copy, but my friend has been letting me play with him on his PS4 and I have really enjoyed it so far... I never actually owned the originals either, but I have fond memories of the PS1 trilogy at my cousin's house as a kid, and I had most of the subsequent Spyro games. This remaster is gorgeous, with brilliant visuals and gameplay that is quite faithful to what I remember as a kid. I missed Spyro so much...

We are on Ripto's Rage at the moment, at around 75% completion I think?

Oh, and also...

I had forgotten how much I despise these guys. :yeahno::P

maxresdefault.jpg

2 hours ago, Prospekt said:

I don't own a copy, but my friend has been letting me play with him on his PS4 and I have really enjoyed it so far... I never actually owned the originals either, but I have fond memories of the PS1 trilogy at my cousin's house as a kid, and I had most of the subsequent Spyro games. This remaster is gorgeous, with brilliant visuals and gameplay that is quite faithful to what I remember as a kid. I missed Spyro so much...

We are on Ripto's Rage at the moment, at around 75% completion I think?

Oh, and also...

I had forgotten how much I despise these guys. :yeahno::P

maxresdefault.jpg

I remember the first time I’ve heard them. I thought at first it was a sheep making fun of me :mlp_yeehaa:

Waiting for a PC/Switch release personally. I don't have a PS4 yet and I have no plans to get an Xbone so I hope we don't wait as long as we did for Crash.

• Brohoof 1

24 minutes ago, Celli said:

Waiting for a PC/Switch release personally. I don't have a PS4 yet and I have no plans to get an Xbone so I hope we don't wait as long as we did for Crash.

Aye; I have the PS4 version and WILL be getting the Switch version (if we get one) for the portable factor. This has been an absolute and immense joy to play...my emotions can barely be contained here. <3

• Brohoof 2

I never had a console at home as a kid, but back in the early 2000's when I was 11-ish my grandparents got a PS1. Spyro 2 was one of the demos. We only went over there like once a month, and I had a brother and sister, meaning no long game-play since we had to take turns or do something multiplayer. I remember that all we used to do is just smash and burn stuff like the annoying pastel colored baby things. Getting zapped by electric cattle prods is something I remember well also. The characters with the zappers would laugh when they shocked you. I liked the game and probably would have gotten the real version if I had my own console.

I haven't really thought about the game for years until I heard about the Reignited series. I always liked Spyro's original design/ personality. I looked up the history of the other games and saw that they really mangled Spyro's design in a couple of them. :scoots:

I think his new design is great and really looks like an updated version of the original. I like how he still has sharp angular lines and rattlesnake-like tail.

If it comes out for PC, I'll probably get it .

spyro.png.110525cf5e4792fec08d1d81acae0eec.png

He also looks like a character that you could pretty much just drag and drop into MLP.  :mlp_laugh:

Edited by Cirrus.

I got all three Platinum trophies in a week. It would have been sooner but work kept getting in the way. How dare they exchange money for labor. :P

Most of the trophies were actually really easy. Almost all of them were tied to doing specific things in every level of the game. A lot of the time they'd be things you were going to do anyway or there was specific places in a level that the trophy seemed to have in mind to do them. I was glad to get a few rapid fire Plats out. A lot of the games I've been playing this year feel like they've taken forever to get through.

It really felt like they ran out of time with Spyro 3. Not that the game is unfinished or anything but it deviates the least from the original game out of the three. This especially shows in the dragon eggs which aren't all unique like the dragons in the first game, as well as the trophies where they mostly stop asking you to do out of the way tasks and almost seem like it just has you doing things you would have done to 100% the levels. Hell, the Plat doesn't even go all the way to the end of the game. You can get the last trophy without ever doing the last level and final fight with the Sorceress. The only reason you have to fight her at all is because there's one level that doesn't unlock until you beat her for the first time.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

Great remaster mostly. A couple of things I'm not so keen on are that gems can sometimes be hidden by the grass detailing, since the grass is more detailed than in the originals. Also I sometimes experience weird graphical artifacts like this

wDhiWiw.jpg

• 8 months later...

Well the Switch version just came out, so I’m resurrecting this!

Guys... I love it sooooo much... the redesigns of the dragons in the first have just been blowing my mind. Ripto’s Rage is just as fun as I remember.

My only niggle is Year of the dragon. You can really see that it was rushed. It’s still something, but it was arguably my favorite of the three, so seeing it get kind of shunted sucks. But I look forward to experiencing the characters again anyway.

• Brohoof 1