Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private 1x1 with Unicorncob (rp)

Catpone Cerberus

"It's not about that." Jenna said "I-" "There's something I don't want to think about and I worry it will pop into my head if i'm not purposefully finding something else to think about." her tone indicated that whatever she was talking about wasn't a pleasant memory.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver frowned and sat closer to Jenna. "I know you don't wanna talk about it, but maybe if you tell me, I could help you deal with it? It'll be better than keeping it bottled up and hurting you more."

• Brohoof 1

"The details are bit hazy, I have tried to suppress it out of my memory so long." Jenna started, still hesitating to talk about it, but Oliver was right "You're the only one who I have ever told about it, even my parents don't know the whole truth, for reasons you'll probably understand later." "It was when my powers had just started to show themselves and I didn't yet fully understand them, something happened, I remember a person and being very scared of them..." the ground started moving as she spoke, reflecting her emotional state "...next thing I remember was feeling them...in the same way I feel anything I take control of and...." she looked unwell "...living tissue acts...differently." something was crushed behind the corner, though it was probably not good to point that out at the moment. "They never figured out what happened, I wasn't blamed, obviously,how could a normal little girl do something like that? I didn't talk for a while and they never asked about it after I started talking again, probably assumed I had suppressed it." it was obvious she remembered more than she had said out loud, but there wouldn't be much time to think about it before Jenna broke into tears.

The whole time the ground started moving more actively, but luckily the movement seemed to be contained inside the yard so it would't alert any outsiders. 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver swallowed as he listened to Jenna, feeling the ground shake in reaction to her emotions. He noticed something crushed in the corner, but elected not to mention anything.

He bit his lip as he put together what had happened, and as surprising as it was that she could do that, she clearly sounded like it wasn't intentional.

He put his arms around her, holding her close. "It's not your fault," he said softly, "you didn't mean to do anything. Things happen to people when they get scared."

• Brohoof 1

Jenna didn't say anything, but her trauma was less about her blaming herself, since she knew she didn't have full control, and was more about the experience itself, not that it necessarily mattered, since the end result would most likely be the same regardless. It was also why she had got uncomfortable momentarily when they were talking about Oliver angering Jenna, the idea of her ever losing her calm with him caused her to think about the possibility of...it, happening again.

This would take a while, both Jenna crying and the ground moving, and though she had broken her tough act before, this went beyond that, being lot more intense and lot more ugly so to speak, after all, there was lot of accumulated emotion considering this was the first time she had said things out loud. Oliver wouldn't get answers if he tried to ask anything, but assuming he would continue comforting Jenna, after a while, a quite a long while, she would start calming down, crying turning into sobbing, then sniffing and so on, though she still wouldn't move or speak for a moment after that. The ground also would calm down as she did. 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver chose not to say anything else, simply holding Jenna close to him and letting her get it all out of her system. Asking for more wouldn't help at the moment, so he simply waited until she calmed down.

• Brohoof 1

After some time of silence, Jenna spoke again, and though her voice was still a bit uneven from crying, she sounded like she was feeling better "Thank you....it feels good to be able to let things out." this of course didn't magically cure the effect from her past experiences, but even a small step was a step.

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah," Oliver said, "my mom says crying helps get the bad feelings out. There's no shame in it or anything like that."

He kept Jenna close and smiled down at her. "How are you feeling now? Any better?"

• Brohoof 1

"For now." Jenna said as she finally looked at Oliver with a faint smile "But I'd be lying if I said I want to think about it any more than I did before." "And honestly I feel bit ill." the picture in her head as she had told about the event had made her want to throw up, and though she didn't think about it anymore, the ill feeling hadn't fully passed yet. 

• Brohoof 1

"Well, let's not think about it again then," Oliver said, smiling back at Jenna. "You're way stronger and a lot more in control now than you were back then, so I'm sure nothing like that will happen again."

• Brohoof 1

"It's not really about if it will happen again." Jenna pointed out "It's...I don't know, it's a bad memory, there's nothing more to it." she was downplaying it but she really wanted to stop talking about it, and even positive talk about it was talking about it.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver wasn't sure what to say next. Jenna clearly didn't want to talk about it anymore, but he wanted to help her feel better.

"You wanna keep training?" he asked eventually. "Or did you wanna do something else?"

• Brohoof 1

"I'll rather stay here for a moment." Jenna said, leaning on Oliver again, it wouldn't be long until the sky would start turning orange, the sun was starting to set slowly but surely. "This may be the last peaceful moment in a while, better take full enjoyment out of it."

• Brohoof 1

Oliver blushed as Jenna leaned on him, but he didn't stop her. He put his arm around her and looked at the sky.

"Yeah, it is really nice right now, huh?" he agreed, smiling. "Hopefully we can do it again when this is over."

• Brohoof 1

Jenna didn't say anything and just hummed in agreement, sitting next to a warehouse made into a bunker wasn't necessarily the most romantic place to be, but she enjoyed the moment, especially because of what was coming, she still wasn't too optimistic about the whole thing.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver smiled and stayed close to her, trying to make sure Jenna knew she had someone next to her no matter what happened. He was sure she'd want someone she could trust, and he knew he'd never turn his back on her.

• Brohoof 1

Jenna would stay like that for some time, but as the sun set and the moon started to come out, she broke the silence "We should probably head home for the night, I need to prepare things for tomorrow and you should probably talk with your parents about what's coming." Though she didn't think Oliver's parents should have any say in what Oliver did, they were still his parents and it was better to keep then informed rather than make them worried about him when things start to go down. 

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah, good idea," Oliver agreed, standing up with Jenna. "You sure you'll be okay? I don't mind walking you hom eor anything."

While he was concerned for her safety, he also wanted to spend as much time with her as he could.

• Brohoof 1

"I'll be okay, but I won't stop you from walking me home." Jenna said yawning "I'll just get my stuff from inside and we can then go." she would the do just that, locking the door after her when she exited "I'm ready." she would close and lock the gate as normal when they left, it was mostly quiet outside, only signs of life being some drunks here and there and few military trucks heading towards the direction of the school.

• Brohoof 1

"I know." Jenna said with a smile before looking at the mostly empty streets around them "It's weird..." she started "...police and military has the purpose of keeping people safe, but seeing them never makes me feel safer." there wasn't any specific reason why she brought it up, the trucks had just  brought it to her mind "And I hear that many people even when they haven't done anything wrong get the feeling like they have when they see a police around." "We humans are weird." 

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah, I don't get it either," Oliver said, shrugging. "Something about a police car just makes people nervous. You'd think it'd be the opposite, huh?"

He looked around. "Seeing the army around makes you think something's wrong as well. And well, stuff is happening, but you know what I mean."

• Brohoof 1

"For army it tends to be true now that you mention it, there usually is something wrong if they're around." Jenna realized "But the police effect is weird." "I have noticed it quite a lot, because I live in more shadier part of the city, so sometimes when they're around I feel like walking alone is illegal or something." her tone was humorous "Funnily enough the shady people make me less nervous than a police car does." 

• Brohoof 1

"It's weird, isn't it?" Oliver agreed. "Though, when I was living outside the city, the police only showed up when people were tresspassing or doing something illegal. Sometimes I got the feeling I did something without knowing."

• Brohoof 1

"It must be something to do with how our minds work, considering how common it is." Jenna said thoughtfully "I wonder if police get it too, do they feel nervous when they see other cops?" it was good to think about meaningless things once in a while, "Or are they immune to it because they're used to seeing police?" 

• Brohoof 1