Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private 1x1 with Unicorncob (rp)

Catpone Cerberus

"Maybe it depends," Oliver guessed, shrugging. "I guess it's all to do with how you experience them. If you only see them around when bad stuff is happening, you're gonna associate them with bad stuff, I suppose?"

• Brohoof 1

Jenna shrugged "I guess, still doesn't explain why innocent people feel guilty though." "But it may be a similar reasoning." "You assume they're after someone, and something in you asks if it may be you even if you don't know any reason why it would be you."

• Brohoof 1

"Pretty much," Oliver said, nodding. "You know you haven't done something wrong, but something in you tells you they've found a reason to come after you. Or someone else has found a reason to send them after you."

• Brohoof 1

Jenna just shrugged, she didn't know what was correct and what wasn't so she could only agree with Oliver. Her building started to come to a view. "It seems people have started leaving already." There wasn't any obvious signs like people packing up cars or anything, in fact, streets were empty, the reason why Jenna had figured that out was because apartments that usually had light on didn't now  "I wonder where they went, since there isn't really any information given to the public, maybe they're heading to the countryside?"

• Brohoof 1

Jenna shook her head "Evacuations would be more visible, though I don't doubt it will happen soon." "This is shady area like I have told before, so people around here are more paranoid than most, so my guess is that they have realized something is going on and decided to leave before they are no longer able to leave."

• Brohoof 1

"It's still creepy," Oliver said, looking behind him, "having no one around. It really feels like the place has been abandoned, even if they're just hiding out. It kinda feels like we're the only ones out here, y'know?"

• Brohoof 1

"That makes sense," Oliver said, nodding slowly but still frowning. "Though, it isn't fair that you have to live in such a shady area. You're not suspicious or anything."

He knew Jenna could take care of herself, but he still didn't like the idea of her living in such a dangerous area.

• Brohoof 1

"I feel perfectly safe here." Jenna said, they had arrived to her building so she was just leaned at the wall "Like I said, if you don't bother anyone, they won't bother you either." "I mean, sure some people threw comments at me when I first moved here, but they soon learned to keep their mouths shut." she gave Oliver a 'if you know what I mean' look, basically she was saying she had beaten someone up  "And honestly, I feel lot safer here than I do in normal neighborhoods, people here are predictable, it's easy to avoid dangerous people when you can see that they are dangerous from mile away."  

• Brohoof 1

Oliver walked over and stood next to Jenna. He recognised the look on her face and smiled, happy to hear she stood up for herself.

"I guess that makes sense," he agreed. "I just don't like the idea of you getting attacked or something."

• Brohoof 1

"That risk exists everywhere." Jenna pointed out "That's why I know how to defend myself." she smiled "Besides, as weird as it sounds, these people have better morals than many others, or maybe morals is the wrong word, standards is more correct one, targeting women is seen as weak and thus it's looked down upon, even if that woman can take you down faster you can say 'hey'." she smirked

Edited by Catpone Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

"That too." Jenna agreed, getting off the wall and starting to head inside "I will, and don't you forget to keep your senses sharp either." she would give Oliver a kiss on his cheek before heading inside the building "See you tomorrow at the storage." 

• Brohoof 1

Jenna went into her apartment chuckling to herself and started putting things ready, it would be quite late when she finally headed to bed, and she also woke up early.

Around 6 am, the emergency-alarm would start going off all around the city, and every TV or radio that was on would cut out and start broadcasting a message, this message would also come as a text message to all phones, the exact wording depended one device, but the basic gist was, it was a message from the government, and it basically said that the country's security was compromised and that everyone should either evacuate to the nearest shelter, or arm themselves. The streets also were full of police.

If Oliver was to try and contact Jenna, he would find that cell-service was down, and if he went outside, he would be asked if he was heading to a shelter, but other than that the police would leave him alone. Any questions regarding the situation would only be answered with differently worded repeat of the message. 

Assuming he eventually would head to the storage like he had promised, Oliver would find Jenna from the storage building's roof, looking towards the school, she had created fire escape-like stairs inside the building that led to the roof using the materials from outside. There would also be lot of boxes around, seemingly full of food, water and other kind of things one may need at some point, along with some other random stuff. On the roof with Jenna was a open laptop with some kind of weird gadget she had probably made herself attached to it, and a Ham radio.

There didn't seem to be any police around the area, but what there was, was military-green metal wall a block or two away from the storage-building that seemed to go around the whole school-district, and while outside it, aka on Oliver's and Jenna's side of the wall, had no activity, the inside was filled with military, mostly around the school itself.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver swallowed as he read the text then saw the alert on TV. He had to do a lot of convincing to get his parents to let him go out and find Jenna, but they seemed to accept that he wanted to make sure she was okay.

He made it to the warehouse and climbed up to sit next to her. "Are you gonna move in here?"

• Brohoof 1

"For now, but this building may last for lot shorter time than I expected." Jenna simply said "They have closed down the whole district and they have started evacuating the whole city, if it's really this bad, whatever comes out of this portal will be here quick."

• Brohoof 1

"The whole city?" Oliver repeated, biting his lip as a fear came across him. "What if my family is evacuated too? I dunno where they'd take my parents if they don't get out of the city themselves first."

• Brohoof 1

"They aren't forcing anyone to evacuate yet." Jenna said "They are just telling that those who can't fight should evacuate, which is most people." she looked at Oliver "And not to be rude, but can't you like, smell them?" "If they end up going somewhere, i'm sure they will leave you a trail to follow." she assured, she looked and sounded tired, but was clearly trying to hide it. 

• Brohoof 1

"Oh yeah, I can track them," Oliver confirmed with a nod, "I just don't like the idea of getting separated from them."

He could tell she was exhausted of course. "Maybe you should have a nap or something."

• Brohoof 1