Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did Sweetie Belle's parents ever pick her up?

Senko

(edited)

Ever since their parents dropped Sweetie Belle off at Rarities for their vacation they never seem to have come back and she seems to be living with her big sister full time for several years now. In fact we never even see them again and in S6 on your marks Sweetie Belle say's "I don't think Rarity would let me travel to the far reaches of Equestria looking for cutie mark problems." rather than "my parents" and every time we see her living somewhere or doing things 'at home' its again at Rarities boutique. So is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling they just decided they want nothing to with either of their daughters and washed their hooves of both of them leaving to enjoy a travelling responsibility free lifestyle?

Edited by Senko
  • Brohoof 1

I don't get that impression. I think Sweetie Belle simply likes hanging out with her big sister more than she does her parents so they let her stay over as often as she wants as long as Rarity is okay with it. Thinking about Sweetie Belle's personality, it makes sense she'd rather be in a boutique full of dresses, fabrics, and gems rather that a plain old house on the water.

Perhaps still seems weird she'd say her sisters name not her parents or have her friends over there to practice cutie mark activities rather than her home. I mean there's an entire room at the Boutique that is simply her bedroom, she goes there after school, does school projects there and the one time we do see her parents is the time early on where they give her to Rarity to look after.

Perhaps it is just me who gets the impressions her parents passed her off to her big sister and just had nothing to do with them.

Just now, Quinch said:

My headcanon for the moment is that they're visiting Applejack's parents for the time being.

I'm not sure if that makes things better or worse . . .

We can't say for sure because the timeline is really out of order of what happens and when. As well as, each human year only equals few months in pony world

(edited)

I suppose that's true and we are dealing with a race where the princess will make a young filly a single mother while studying so she can have a "friend".

250?cb=20151216004820

I mean don't get me wrong the scene with her getting all giddy over Spike's first words is adorable but she's literally a schoolgirl at boarding school for probably the first time and Celestia not only gives her a baby to take care of but a baby dragon which no one know's anything about. It's no surprise Twilight had no real friends as she was both a full time student and a full time mother as well as a dragon researcher whe she was in her teens. Even if she wasn't the kind of pony who feels books are more important than "friends" she wouldn't have had time to make any. As it was she nearly failed her first semester and had to retake tests because she was spending so much time taking care of Spike.

So its not unreasonable to see their parents leaving Sweetie Belle with Rarity for weeks or moons at a time so long as she was happy and could spend time with her friends.

Edited by Senko
  • Brohoof 1

We've seen Sweetie with her parents or at least at her parents house multiple times. In One Bad Apple, after Babs kicks the CMC out of their clubhouse, they have a meeting in Sweetie's room, and we see from the establishing shot that it's not Carousel Boutique but her parent's house, given her dad is outside fishing. In Inspiration Manifestation, Sweetie's with her parents for the Foal and Filly Fair. And Sweetie's standing next to them at the end of A Hearth's Warming Tail.

• Brohoof 1

Well, in Forever Filly, Rarity said that she hadn't seen Sweetie Belle in a long time. I don't think Sweetie Belle is old enough to have lived alone during that time, so one can probably assume she still lives with her parents but we just never see her at home.

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, Marimo said:

We've seen Sweetie with her parents or at least at her parents house multiple times. In One Bad Apple, after Babs kicks the CMC out of their clubhouse, they have a meeting in Sweetie's room, and we see from the establishing shot that it's not Carousel Boutique but her parent's house, given her dad is outside fishing. In Inspiration Manifestation, Sweetie's with her parents for the Foal and Filly Fair. And Sweetie's standing next to them at the end of A Hearth's Warming Tail.

I completely missed that thought he was just a random pony reacting to the loud yell echoing over town. Good catch I guess she just spends a large amount of time at her sisters afterall.

• Brohoof 1