Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Biggest number you know in words?

DubWolf

Nine hundred ninety nine quintilian, nine hundred ninety nine quadrillion, nine hundred ninety nine trillion, nine hundred ninety nine billion, nine hundred ninety nine million, nine hundred ninety nine thousand, nine hundred ninety nine, is the biggest number I know of in words. The name of the next digit does not come to mind.

(999,999,999,999,999,999,999)

• Brohoof 3

2 hours ago, Totally Not Wolf said:

infinity doesn’t count

Pi. :mlp_smug:

Checkmate, Pi is never ending and it's a word as well, so therefore it's the largest number I know by word that's technically not "infinity" :proud:

Edited by King of Canterlot
  • Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, King of Canterlot said:

Pi. :mlp_smug:

Checkmate, Pi is never ending and it's a word as well, so therefore it's the largest number I know by word that's technically not "infinity" :proud:

Yeah I suppose that’s the longest number that isn’t rounded off or redundant in digits (like if you did 2.00000...) :wacko: .

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, Totally Not Wolf said:

Yeah I suppose that’s the longest number that isn’t rounded off or redundant in digits (like if you did 2.00000...) :wacko: .

That's not quite true, there's also Pi's little brother called "e", but I didn't include that in my original post because "e" is just a letter, not a word like what you were looking for. But e is also a never-ending decimal like Pi is, it just gets overlooked a lot more often cuz Pi is more well known :P

• Brohoof 2

Just now, King of Canterlot said:

That's not quite true, there's also Pi's little brother called "e", but I didn't include that in my original post because "e" is just a letter, not a word like what you were looking for. But e is also a never-ending decimal like Pi is, it just gets overlooked a lot more often cuz Pi is more well known :P

True they’re both infinitely long :wacko: .

• Brohoof 2

9 minutes ago, Totally Not Wolf said:

True they’re both infinitely long :wacko: .

They are, but are "longest number" and "biggest number" the same thing? after all, pi is less than four ,and e is less than pi....

(perhaps due to its derivation, the continued fraction form of e is a thing of beauty; pi however, is a complicated mess as a continued fraction too :D)

2 hours ago, CypherHoof the Reblanked said:

They are, but are "longest number" and "biggest number" the same thing? after all, pi is less than four ,and e is less than pi....

(perhaps due to its derivation, the continued fraction form of e is a thing of beauty; pi however, is a complicated mess as a continued fraction too :D)

Nah biggest in my definition means the number that represents the largest quantity, not actual length of the number or digits :P .

• 9 months later...