Jump to content
Banner by ~ SFyr

Biggest number you know in words?


DubWolf
 Share

Recommended Posts

Nine hundred ninety nine quintilian, nine hundred ninety nine quadrillion, nine hundred ninety nine trillion, nine hundred ninety nine billion, nine hundred ninety nine million, nine hundred ninety nine thousand, nine hundred ninety nine, is the biggest number I know of in words. The name of the next digit does not come to mind.

(999,999,999,999,999,999,999)

  • Brohoof 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 minute ago, King of Canterlot said:

Pi. :mlp_smug:

Checkmate, Pi is never ending and it's a word as well, so therefore it's the largest number I know by word that's technically not "infinity" :proud:

 

Yeah I suppose that’s the longest number that isn’t rounded off or redundant in digits (like if you did 2.00000...) :wacko: .

  • Brohoof 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


3 minutes ago, Totally Not Wolf said:

Yeah I suppose that’s the longest number that isn’t rounded off or redundant in digits (like if you did 2.00000...) :wacko: .

That's not quite true, there's also Pi's little brother called "e", but I didn't include that in my original post because "e" is just a letter, not a word like what you were looking for. But e is also a never-ending decimal like Pi is, it just gets overlooked a lot more often cuz Pi is more well known :P

  • Brohoof 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Just now, King of Canterlot said:

That's not quite true, there's also Pi's little brother called "e", but I didn't include that in my original post because "e" is just a letter, not a word like what you were looking for. But e is also a never-ending decimal like Pi is, it just gets overlooked a lot more often cuz Pi is more well known :P

True they’re both infinitely long :wacko: .

  • Brohoof 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


9 minutes ago, Totally Not Wolf said:

True they’re both infinitely long :wacko: .

They are, but are "longest number" and "biggest number" the same thing? after all, pi is less than four ,and e is less than pi....

(perhaps due to its derivation, the continued fraction form of e is a thing of beauty; pi however, is a complicated mess as a continued fraction too :D)

Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, CypherHoof the Reblanked said:

They are, but are "longest number" and "biggest number" the same thing? after all, pi is less than four ,and e is less than pi....

(perhaps due to its derivation, the continued fraction form of e is a thing of beauty; pi however, is a complicated mess as a continued fraction too :D)

Nah biggest in my definition means the number that represents the largest quantity, not actual length of the number or digits :P .

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • 9 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...