Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 8's writers are neglecting Starlight

FirePuppy

By the looks of it, it seems like the writers of Season 8 are cheating on Starlight Glimmer. For what I know, we didn't see her in Yakity Sax, Non Compete Clause, Fake It Til You Make It, or even in, along with Pinkie, The Hearth's Warming Club!

That's at least four times such a situation has ever happened.

Not only that, many MLP fans thought Starlight was gonna get most of Season 8, as much as I thought Fluttershy and Pinkie would do that as well, but as it's turning out so far, it's gonna be the complete opposite of that for them all.

What are your reactions on this?

• Brohoof 1

A quick reminder to everyone. I understand you may be very defensive about your characters but don't start insulting each other on how others don't respect your character. Thank you and happy posting.

• Brohoof 4

This topic is a fine example of a type of Fan Dumb called A Character Lover. A fan whose mania revolves around a character or a few specific characters more than the work as a whole.

Take my advice: Don't let your love for a single character make you criticize an entire season/episode/show just because your favorite's not in it. I love Thorax the most and I'm not complaining that he's not getting many episodes.

Edited by Will Guide
Can't fix text size on mobile.
  • Brohoof 7

Just now, Starlightglimmer15 said:

But that’s different thorax is a side character and starlight is a mane character I don’t care what hasbro says or the writers Starlight glimmer is a mane character to me and should be included In as many episodes as the mane 6 and spike.

Okay, I had enough of this. I will lock this thread until further notice if you don't stop complaining about how Starlight is not getting enough screen time. A fair discussion with no complaining is what should be done here. Can you please manage to do that?

• Brohoof 2

Besides the obvious point of there being so many characters in the show that there's no way the creative team is going to be able to satisfy every fan of a particular character all throughout a season, it's also not the screen time or the amount of appearances that matters. It's what the character you love actually does that matters most. Starlight just got made the guidance counselor of the school and got a chance in the spotlight in A Matter of Principals, where she handled herself incredibly well with Discord and grew as a character. That's hardly mistreatment or neglect to me. 

Edited by CloudMistDragon

Yea I know I just don’t like seeing best pony treated like that.

How can you lock posts and topics.

Listen, I do feel a little to a lot heartbroken (or should I say, Hearth-broken) whenever I don't see Pinkie Pie on the show, but even I need to start learning a lesson. Sometimes, even episodes I really love might actually be unfair to some big fans of other characters that we don't see in those episodes. It's a sign of disrespect.

Also, the show itself is not the only source that has your favorite characters. There's plenty of fan fiction writers who all kinds of stories centered their favorite (and sometimes not-favorite) characters. On Fimfiction.net. There's a group for stories dedicated to any given character you have in mind. You just need to look around.

@Firepuppy

https://www.fimfiction.net/tag/pinkie-pie

@Starlightglimmer15

https://www.fimfiction.net/tag/starlight-glimmer

51 minutes ago, Starlightglimmer15 said:

But that’s different thorax is a side character and starlight is a mane character I don’t care what hasbro says or the writers Starlight glimmer is a mane character to me and should be included In as many episodes as the mane 6 and spike.

Something to add: Also, I love Spike too. And I don't go around hating an episode just because he's not in it.

Should Starlight have a bigger role at the school? Maybe. We’ve only seen her there for one episode which gave us a new meme for her. I have a feeling that when 

Spoiler

Tirek

comes back, we’ll see more of Starlight. 

I like Princess Luna but I haven’t whined and complained that she hasn’t been in this season yet.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Starlightglimmer15 said:

It’s not the screen time that’s the problem it’s the lack of appearances.

Uh, wait, isn't that pretty much the same thing? Screen time and how often they would appear on the show? Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure those two things are exactly the same thing, just worded differently :huh:

• Brohoof 2

Alright, I'm gonna do some cleaning up in this thread from all the off-topic posts. To be clear, I am a staff member and I have the ability to lock, hide, and do other stuff. This thread needs to stay on topic for it to stay up as a thread on here. Please go over our guidelines before you make a post since it makes our job much easier when users follow the rules. Thanks.

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, Will Guide said:

Something to add: Also, I love Spike too. And I don't go around hating an episode just because he's not in it.

So you don't really mind if Spike isn't in much of Season 7?

Just now, Twilight Luna said:

With running a school and doing map quests, it’s impossible to give everyone proper screen time. Not to mention with 7 main characters and 6 new students. 

I guess that's why they have to take turns season by season. It's a myth that I've heard of.

I suppose but what’s the excuse for her not going with the mane 6 and spike to Tartarus here’s the thing if spikes going Starlight should be there to no exceptions however if spike wasent there with them in Tartarus then I’ll be fine with her not going. But since spikes going Starlight must go to.

Stop making those crazy comments!

I'm not having that at all anymore for another two more months.

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

I guess that's why they have to take turns season by season. It's a myth that I've heard of.

To be fair Starlight has had a two-part season 5 premier, a two-part season 5 finally, and a two-part season 6 finally  dedicated to her.

Edited by Twilight Luna
  • Brohoof 1

Okay, I have made 4 mod posts in this thread so far and it has not ceased with the arguing. I will be locking this thread until further notice so this doesn't go deeper into a rabbit hole.

• Brohoof 3

• The topic was locked

Staff members know how to show restraint, not hijack a discussion, and not be so single focused on something like a character not getting enough screen time. Please don't waste staff's time by applying for mod if that shoe fits you. 

• The topic was unlocked
54 minutes ago, MAIKUN said:

I swear IF Starlight betrays the Mane Six at the end of Season 8, then I will be happier! 

Sadly, that isn't gonna happen, and I won't tell you why until about 2 months later.

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

By the looks of it, it seems like the writers of Season 8 are cheating on Starlight Glimmer. For what I know, we didn't see her in Yakity Sax, Non Compete Clause, Fake It Til You Make It, or even in, along with Pinkie, The Hearth's Warming Club!

That's at least four times such a situation has ever happened.

She doesn't really have a reason to be in "Yakity Sax," "Non Compete Clause," or "Fake It Til You Make It." "The Hearth's Warming Club" didn't even have most of the mane six in it, so why would she need to appear there? 

7 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

Not only that, many MLP fans thought Starlight was gonna get most of Season 8, as much as I thought Fluttershy and Pinkie would do that as well, but as it's turning out so far, it's gonna be the complete opposite of that for them all.

What are your reactions on this?

I really don't care which characters have cameos in which episodes, or which characters have the most appearances, so this doesn't bother me at all. 

7 hours ago, Starlightglimmer15 said:

The problem is twilight is hogging this season to much.

Because she's the principal. 

• Brohoof 2

This season has been very good to Starlight so far, not just in quantity, but in quality too. She settled on a career path, reunited and made amends with her father, and continues to do her best to make Twilight proud of her. I don’t have any complaints with how the season has used her.

7 hours ago, Starlightglimmer15 said:

Looking at the trailer at SDCC it sounds like she won’t be going with the mane 6 and spike to Tartarus which is another example of her treated like a non existing character she should be there with the mane 6 in Tartarus.

From what we've seen in the animatic previews of the finale

Spoiler

magic isn't working for unicorns

so taking another unicorn is of limited benefit. Besides, it makes good sense to take a fire-breathing dragon along with you to Tartarus for protection. Spike has proven himself more than capable of handling himself in dangerous situations, so he's ready to fulfill this role as protector.

It is likely Starlight will be handling whatever is going on at the school, especially since her particular personalty type is better suited to handle Neighsay. So don't fret - there's a good chance she'll be in the episode with a meaningful role to play there.

Edited by Truffles