Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your favorite vacation destinations

Java Jive

(edited)

So in the spirit of the summer vacation season coming up soon. I was wondering what everyones favorite vacation spots are, if you have any family (or personal) traditions when it comes to this subject or plans for this year, maybe you have any preferences or wishes? Or maybe a story to tell or pictures to share, this is the place... Atleast, well uh, i checked. Nothing similiar came up in my search, and i did a few. ^_^

I usually travel to Germany, specificly an area called the Black Forest. And around the mediterranean coast, like Italy/southern France, cities like Marseille/Nice. Which have probably my favorite kind of climate and atmosphere. I do have the wish of traveling to certain parts of the US and Asia someday, Japan in particular. The culture and history of which i enjoy learning about a lot.

Edited by JavaJive
  • Brohoof 2

My vacations usually lead me to Virginia Beach, VA, as I have family there. I've never really been outside of the eastern coast of the U.S., however someday in the future I'd like to vacation to Sicily, New Zealand, Australia, and The Philippines. I have relatives in all those locations except NZ, which I would like to explore myself!

• Brohoof 1

In all seriousness

• My bed. My lovely, downy, bed
  • That internet cafe near my office that opens 24/7. Damn cheap, twice as fast from my old laptop, complete with a free pillow
  • Bali

Posted Image

She will stare into your wildest secrets

Yeah... I'm not that rich to afford any good vacation ._.

• Brohoof 1

Places I'd want to take a vacation in (That I know):

My home island of Saipan, CNMI, USA

Honolulu, Hawaii, USA

San Diego, California, USA

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Equestria! I go there every FREAKING summer!

No, but seriously. I've went to Nicaragua, Venezuela, Tennessee, Georgia, Utah, Las Vegas, The Bahamas. Yep. I really don't know where I'm going this summer.

Edited by Swit Swat
  • Brohoof 1

Beautiful metropolis-esque Charlotte, North Carolina. The setting is so amazing, the place is so lively and fresh, filled with life and many many buildings and structures. It is the perfect example of a modern American city, and a perfect tourist destination, especially if you are a NASCAR fan.

And speaking of NASCAR, most of the team's garages happen to be based around the area, usually within 5 miles. Most are tourist/guest-friendly, because next to the possibility of having a view of the actual workshops, there's also miniature-museums, team stores, store tours, etc. Also, if you're lucky, you might be able to meet a crew member or two. For instance, when we went to Joe Gibbs Racing, we met the big man there himself! We even had pictures, and an autographed copy of a book he wrote. It was so amazing.... TuT

And, the main attraction, the NASCAR Hall of Fame, the magnificent structure that hosts the legends, memoribilia, and everything that combines the best of the past and present of the wonderful sport. There's so much to do here, and let's not forget the huge amount of legendary and historic, modern and fast stock cars they have there. Also, in a matter of high convenience, I happened to walk in one day when Jamie McMurray (my favorite NASCAR driver) was there. I actually saw him walk past to me, and I wanted to go talk to him, (not to mention that everypony else was calling out to him) but he seemed to ignore us and walk away... I dunno why he was such in a hurry, but I never got an autograph from him or anything.... :( But, hey, I guess it's good that the first driver I saw in person was a favorite of mine.

Also, I love the night life here. It's just so modern and city-ish, hearing traffic, police sirens, street chatter in the background, oh....and one more thing...

Posted Image

Dat skyline.

• Brohoof 3

I've traveled a lot and my favourite place I've been thus far is Florence <3

I'd love to go to Japan though :D

• Brohoof 1

My favorite Vacations are all in the US, mostly because I haven't been abroad other than cruises to the Caribbean.

Here are mine:

- Disneyland and San Francisco, CA

- Disney World, FL

- Newport, RI

- New York City <3

• Brohoof 1

We rarely have time for more than a weekend camping trip, but last year we made a nice trip through Yellowstone. Lewis and Clark caverns are always neat, if a challenge for the foals to get to.

We really want to plan a trip to Austria, and hit up Italy while we're there. I'd also like to visit my cousins in Norway some time, as I hear great things about the place. Japan is also high on my list.

Just not Australia. Never Australia. The people I know from there are amazing, but I have never seen a continent so intent on wiping mankind out of existence.

• Brohoof 1

I loved going to Hawaii.

I used to like going snowboarding, but I've hurt myself twice doing that so I don't think I'm gonna do that again anytime soon.

• Brohoof 1

Equestria! I go there every FREAKING summer!

Heh, yeah. If only that would be possible right?

"Bloody human tourists!"

I don't have enough money to plan one...

:(

If i could i'd go to some random beach in California

Dont feel too bad about it, i've had my share of years where i've been forced to stay in my own country for my "vacation", but when your young, there are still plenty of opportunities on the horizon, i take that as a comforting thought. ;)

I've been to california, phili, and florida, but I'm not a fan of hot places, so I'd prefer to go to someplace like alaska, or antarctica, I cannot stand temperatures over 65 F

Heh, yeah. If only that would be possible right?

"Bloody human tourists!"

Yea, but Lyra would get a kick out of it.

Posted Image

(edited)

I've never actually been on a real vacation, but I'd like to go to mainland Europe at some point.

Also I want to go to Vegas.

I Staycation though.

Edited by willinilly

Places I'd want to take a vacation in (That I know):

My home island of Saipan, CNMI, USA

Honolulu, Hawaii, USA

San Diego, California, USA

Whatever you do, stay away from Wakiki Beach.

My favorite place that I've been on vacation was Anchorage, Alaska. It was cloudy, cold, and damp. Perfect.

• Brohoof 1

Whatever you do, stay away from Waikiki Beach.

And why tell me to stay away from Waikiki Beach?

• Brohoof 1

And why tell me to stay away from Waikiki Beach?

Because it's ugly and full of high rises, almost no beach at all, the roads were designed by a madman on drugs, and it's an all around nasty place to be.