Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is it really a good idea for the Student Six to be THE new main protagonists?

FirePuppy

Is it REALLY a good idea for the Student Six to be THE new main protagonists of S9?  

23 users have voted

1. 1. Is it REALLY a good idea for the Student Six to be THE new main protagonists of S9?

• Yes
    • Definitely no
    • Only if the show's creators officially let it be that way
    • I don't care

All this talk about the Student Six entirely replacing the Mane Six has driven me crazy that I made this poll with real options about these new "main" characters.

I hope Choice B wins and Choice A gets the least.

P.S. The words "REALLY" and "THE" represent strong opinions about the students.

Edited by FirePuppy

I think they're just get more air time and maybe will solve some friendship problems here and there...

why? I guess creators of the show just want to add more new characters, since many fans complaining that they're tired of the mane7 and cmc... and for hasbro it means more new toys and young viewers.

I mean I love the show the way it is (and adore mane 7 and cmc) but these young 6 are starting to grow on me too... so I'm ok with almost anything they made up in S9.

Edited by Ethan Tran

Who even says the student six are going to be the new main protagonists? Sure, it might be implied in some ways, but there is no solid evidence for them being the new protagonists. This is just purely speculation.

Cute Twi pic Sparky @TwilySparky Do you have a higher resolution?

Personally I see everything involving the school as Dash quitting the wonderbolts, Rarity quitting her boutiques, AJ quitting her farm, Fluttershy taking a job involving many eyes being on her, etc. Its clearly an executive marketing decision, so I am not going to be for it. It causes way too many plot holes and out of character moments. G5 is going to need to happen soon anyways. I just worry the executives are going all in on psychological priming for the audience too much instead of trying to make a good show.

Edited by SugarCoatxMarblePie

I really don't see that happening under any circumstance. There's a possibility the Student 6 will be the new Elements of Harmony at some point, but doesn't mean they'll supplant the Mane 6 as main characters. They'll probably share a similar role that Starlight Glimmer has done in becoming a new main character, but the focus will almost always be the Mane 6 & Spike.

• Brohoof 1

The show isn’t ballsy enough to do that. It’s going to continue to be a wider approach. A few Mane Six eps. A CMC ep or two. A Spike ep, some Student Six eps and a Starlight ep or two. It’s reached an ensemble level, though whether the show has legitimately earned that direction is another thing. 

• Brohoof 2

Good luck getting me to agree to this! 

There is no way the Student 6 is gonna REPLACE the Mane 6! I love the Student 6, but not as main characters. They can play a major role in season 9 and be great support, but the probable final season belongs to the Mane 7! :3

• Brohoof 3

16 minutes ago, FlareGun45 said:

Good luck getting me to agree to this! 

There is no way the Student 6 is gonna REPLACE the Mane 6! I love the Student 6, but not as main characters. They can play a major role in season 9 and be great support, but the probable final season belongs to the Mane 7! :3

I'm actually glad you disagree. I'll really hate it if the Student Six get far more attention than the Mane Six.

• Brohoof 1

I voted "Definitely no." I really like the Student 6 but I don't see them being able to carry an entire season by themselves. They likely do have a few episodes for themselves and possibly play an important role nearing the finale. 

The Mane 6 should be the protagonists. I mean, they are the ones we all know and love. To change the protagonists in the final season would be strange, not to mention the impact it would have on all the merchandise.

I wouldn't mind though if it's hinted at the end of the series that the torch of the Elements will eventually be passed on to them.

Edited by JH24
  • Brohoof 1

The show creators can do whatever they decide is best, however, from my perspective, it's not a good idea, especially if the next season will be the last. The Mane 7 are going to need every bit of screen time they can get to prepare for their story arcs to be concluded, and even if that wasn't the case, the focus of the show has never been the school. The focus of the show is the entire world of Equestria, with the school serving only as a side area for a side storyline.

Edited by CloudMistDragon
  • Brohoof 2

• The title was changed to Is it really a good idea for the Student Six to be THE new main protagonists?

I see them as secondary protagonists. No one is going to replace the mane 6.

But at least the students have a great dynamic, and I could easily see them in as the characters in an RPG or something.

• Brohoof 1