Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favourite Supporting/Background MLP Character

RaraLover

Consider characters that only appeared in the show once or twice, such as Coloratura (my personal favourite), Pear Butter, Bright Mac, Pharynx, Cheese Sandwich, Autumn Blaze, etc.

Keep in mind that your favourite minor supporting/background MLP character doesn't have to be your all-time favourite MLP character.

It doesn't matter if the character in question has a speaking role or not.

Let's think beyond the Mane Six and their common friends!

EDIT: Changed from 'minor character' to 'supporting/background character'.

Edited by ILoveRara
  • Brohoof 4

Pear Butter without any doubts.

My runner-up is Coloratura.

Some other characters worth mentioning (in order of appearance):

• Little Strongheart.
  • Lightning Dust.
  • Coco Pommel.
  • Cheese Sandwich.
  • Moondancer.
  • Saffron Masala.
  • Quibble Pants.
  • Windy Whistles.
  • Bow Hothoof.
  • Bright Mac.
  • Pharynx.
  • Stellar Flare. *as a supporting character because she appeared as background character in S5 and S6.
  • Autumn Blaze.
  • Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, Hardway Bet said:

That is a great name.

Personally, I'm all about the sphinx. Such a waste that she didn't get a voice actor.

Who? Pacific Glow? Yeah, true. But even without a voice actor she made a well-known place for her in the fandom. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
2 hours ago, Midnight Solace said:

Is a minor character a background pony or a pony that was seen once in a episode that had a speaking role?

I'd say characters that only have a few appearances on the show, regardless if they had a speaking role or not.

I just called them "minor characters". Not sure if there is a better name to describe them.

Edited by ILoveRara
  • Brohoof 4

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 12:03 PM, The Nth Doctor said:

Applejack, Vinyl Scratch, and Derpy are all good minor characters. Would be nice to have more of them though.

Applejack is one of the Mane 6, not a minor character. Yeah, I'll go with Derpy. I also like Zecora. Trixie probably doesn't count as a minor character anymore

• Brohoof 3

• 5 weeks later...

A three-way tie between Twilight, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack's parents for different reasons.

1. Night Light and Twilight Velvet are just fun to watch and seem like nice and exciting people.

2. Windy Whistles and Bow Hothoof, as eccentric as they were, came off as supportive, kind, and loving parents. Definitely the most well-rounded parents.

3. Pear Butter and Bright Mac are also extremely well-rounded, but the fact that we never saw them interact with their children was a missed opportunity. 

• Brohoof 3

Lightning Dust is definitely at the top

1860966__safe_screencap_lightning+dust_r

I also love Moondancer, Coco Pommel, Thunderlane, Autumn Blaze, Cheese Sandwich, Coloratura and Quibble Pants

Edited by This Whomps
  • Brohoof 5

(edited)
On 12/2/2018 at 4:16 PM, ILoveRara said:

I'd say characters that only have a few appearances on the show, regardless if they had a speaking role or not.

I just called them "minor characters". Not sure if there is a better name to describe them.

I think it's better to call them 'supporting/background' characters, instead of 'minor' characters.

Edited the topic to suit the changes.

Edited by ILoveRara
  • Brohoof 4