Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What makes Trixie so relatable

FlareGun45

I remember in the past when I first started watching the show, I thought characters like Pinkie and Flutters were my most relatable characters, but looking at it now, the most relatable characters on the show are the most unexpecting ones! Spike, of course, and Starlight, and even Trixie! Looking at Trixie, we can all see she's full of herself, but why is that? Well it's either her mom kept telling her how great she was, or she had a bad past, and she's using the present to makeup for that! How was Trixie's past like though? We know next to nothing about her before Boast Busters, except for the comic when Trixie went to Celestia's school, but was that really canon? Trixie's personality far outweighs her magic, and that's why I love about her best! 

Sometimes when people consider themselves to be "the best", it usually doesn't mean they're showboating (even though sometimes it is the case, but not this time), Trixie is well aware of her boasting! So I guess if nopony else is around to call her "great and powerful", she can only do it to herself, and it sticks around so long that it became a permanent part of her personality! It takes us alota seasons to finally realize how great of a pony she can really be - not because of her magics, but for her heart!

What is it that YOU like about Trixie?
Edited by FlareGun45
  • Brohoof 4

Trixie is a bit of an odd case for me. Despite her boastful personality, she was one of my favourites too. Part of it is her whole character design, but I think it was mostly because I pitied her in the first season. Here she was just trying to do her stage magic and she ends up having to deal with a giant bear and twilight spiking her ego down several levels. That's a very bad day, pretty much a crushing defeat. 

And on top of that, it's no secret that I have a soft spot for reformed antagonists. And she is undeniably very adorable too! ^_^

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, Celtore said:

Trixie is a bit of an odd case for me. Despite her boastful personality, she was one of my favourites too. Part of it is her whole character design, but I think it was mostly because I pitied her in the first season. Here she was just trying to do her stage magic and she ends up having to deal with a giant bear and twilight spiking her ego down several levels. That's a very bad day, pretty much a crushing defeat. 

And on top of that, it's no secret that I have a soft spot for reformed antagonists. And she is undeniably very adorable too! ^_^

Reformed characters seem to try way harder for less compared to someone who never messed up. That's why I like them to. Trixie was borderline suicidal before meeting Starlight because people weren't giving her a chance. Most of the time... when you see someone boasting all the time, there trying to convince themselves over other people. 

• Brohoof 1

I think she is like down to earth girl. She is relatable because people can appreciate her by saying hey that's totally me. Or, she is behaving like I would behave. 

She is like a realistic version of the idealistic woman if that's make sense.

Edited by R.D.Dash
  • Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I think what makes Trixie relatable is that she is confident in her abilities despite not being Equestria's best magician. 

Indeed, contrary to popular belief... Trixie is actually really good at magic. She just lacked the drive to properly learn but as you can see from her latest episode... she can even out preform Starlight on occasion.

Edited by Kadeda
  • Brohoof 1