Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLPF Welcomes Pony Executive Producer Nicole Dubuc

Jeric
Message added by Jeric

Remember to save your questions for Saturday so that Ms. Dubuc will read them. She will not be answering questions in this thread as there will be a new one. 

Remember no questions on leaks and spoilers 

Understand that she would not be as familiar with the internal creative process for seasons she was not involved in

my_little_pony_best_gift_ever_promotiona

MV5BMTY3OTk2NzgyNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDE4

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Executive Producer -- Nicole Dubuc

It brings me great pleasure, (and many squees of delight) to announce that a guest of honor will be popping in to help spread holiday cheer. As part of our Making Christmas Merrier Fundraiser, MLPF and Poniverse is excited to host My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Executive Producer Nicole Dubuc, who will be conducting a live Q&A on our very own forum on Saturday, December 15th, at 5:00 PM EST.

Perhaps one of the most pedigreed creative minds in children's entertainment, Ms Dubuc started her career as a child actress, appearing or staring in television shows such as ALF, Our House, and Major Dad. Graduating Yale with as a pre-med earning her Degree in English, Ms Dubuc ventured to California and worked as a staff writer on Kim Possible. Since then she has written, produced, and co-created several high profile properties, from My Friends Tigger & Pooh, Transformers Rescue Bots,  Star Wars Rebels, and ... enough shows to make you run out of breath less that a quarter of the way through. Her hoof in Pony started before she came onboard the show as Executive Producer, working alongside her partner in pony crime, Mike Vogel, co-authoring Ponyville Mysteries.  

To say that we are hyped to be able to host Ms. Dubuc is a gross understatement. Personable, witty, and approachable, she is looking forward to answering our questions regarding Pony and the recent holiday special Best Gift Ever. Join us here in the Making Christmas Merrier forum on Dec 15th to participate! Hope to see you all there. 

full.gif

Thank you all for your continued support of the BC Children's Hospital in Making Christmas Merrier for all of the patients there.

:raritycutehat:

• Brohoof 21

3 minutes ago, A.V. said:

Could this be considered the biggest Q&A in MLPF history?

Easily. Though to be fair we normally don't go after show guests on a routine basis. Who knows, maybe this can be a more regular thing. :D

• Brohoof 2

From outside it reads: "MLPF Welcomes Pony Executi ..."

At first I was like :ticking: but then I saw the whole title and was like :bea:

So, has she gotten the totally-not-premade-set-of-questions yet? If not, how much noggin joggin shall be allowed? I'm thinking between "Which episode is you favorite?" and "Are ponies a Canaanite conspiracy?" encompasses a good spectrum of questions.

Edited by Goat-kun
Canaanites got me

Let's hope that things work out as intended which I'm sure they will. I'm not sure if I can make it to the Q&A since I'm usually not available around the afternoon on a Saturday during which it will be taking place. But, I know those who can make it are sure to be in for a real treat.

Well, this should indeed get interesting.

I hope everyone of you will be at your best behavior and make her feel welcome. :)

I am so gonna ask her about snekpones in the show

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, Goat-kun said:

From outside it reads: "MLPF Welcomes Pony Executi ..."

At first I was like :ticking: but then I saw the whole title and was like :bea:

So, has she gotten the totally-not-premade-set-of-questions yet? If not, how much noggin joggin shall be allowed? I'm thinking between "Which episode is you favorite?" and "Are ponies a Canaanite conspiracy?" encompasses a good spectrum of questions.

that's a fine spectrum, and no, not premade questions, but you can of course have some in mind beforehand, the rule is simple, don't ask for spoilers, and think it a bit before you ask something, we don't wanna scare them away never to return

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Bas said:

Wow, can't believe this is happening!

In which seasons was she Executive Producer?

FiM writing credits: Shadow Play - Part 1, Shadow Play - Part 2, School Daze - Part 1, School Daze - Part 2, Marks for Effort, A Matter of Principals, and School Raze - Part 1.
Executive producer/co-story editor for season eight onward.[19][13]
She also wrote the Rarity's Peek Behind the Boutique animated shorts and, with Michael Vogel, the chapter bookseries "Ponyville Mysteries" under the pen name "Penumbra Quill".
  • Brohoof 5

51 minutes ago, Bas said:

I wonder, maybe we should create a pinned topic where we collect questions to ask her already?

One of mine would be; "How do new (and old) writers inform themselves about prior episodes/plots or keep up with them?"

the way AMA's work, users will be able to ask directly, so if that's what you would ask, you can just go ahead and ask it instead, unless you're busy and can't attend, then i guess you can give your questions to somepony else to ask them for you

• Brohoof 1

There are a lot of good questions here and so far a lot of decent answers. To add some clarity to some things:

• Staff will be on hand to ensure that no inappropriate questions go to Nicole. She has been very gracious about taking time out of a busy work and holiday schedule, so I would hope that questions would be thoughtful and would not cause significant second-hand embarrassment. It would be awesome if we could have the show's creative minds show up for future events, and sometimes that means being less indulgent with some of the more ... um ... "creative" questions. If prior Q&A's are any indication, we should not have a problem. You guys have always treated our guests with great respect so I think you in advance for continuing that trend. 
  • She will almost certainly not respond to leaks and spoilers if prompted. Please do not touch on any of the server hacks and leaks in questions. 
  • All questions must begin with, "We know Rarity is best pony, but ... ;)

1 hour ago, Bas said:

One of mine would be; "How do new (and old) writers inform themselves about prior episodes/plots or keep up with them?"

This is actually a great question Bas -- not only for her specifically as an Exec, but also since she has personally worked on multiple IP's with clearly defined backstories and histories (Star Wars, Kim Possible, etc).  She would have a frame of reference for how she had to comply with juggling official show canon and how the show writers are tasked with continuity. I love these types of questions personally. 

• Brohoof 3

4 hours ago, Goat-kun said:

I'm sure we'll get some of the former. "What is your best pony?", seems to be a prerequisite for FiM Q&A's. The troll in me does want to sneak in a MCAT question like this 

menbenz.png

• Brohoof 1

FUnny.  Last time I saw her in person was at the San Diego Comic-Con.  I gave her two pieces of art that I did for the event(One was my characters Wanda and Abigail battling a dragon.  The other was an updated version of Starlight vs Tirek.)  After the autograph session, I believe it was Meghan McCarthy was a bit concerned about me after I nearly tripped on the stairs. XP

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Jeric said:

"What is your best pony?", seems to be a prerequisite for FiM Q&A's. The troll in me does want to sneak in a MCAT question like this 

So, a question like:

"Were there any specific episodes that helped you decide to become a part of Friendship is Magic?"  is what you're looking for?

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 3

:mlp_huh: I wonder if she would be able to elaborate on the episode creating process? I remember that awesome Twitter thread she had about the writing process but I wonder how much she's in the know of when it comes to voice acting details and animating process. Voice acting mainly for who does what and when during the process since some record as a group and others individually (not just MLP) and animating for whether writing will affect changes in the animation (or if that's even a viable concern).  I'll definitely try to jump on even if I have to post something real quick when I'm at work in the middle of holiday retail madness! :lostit:

Oh and the writing process tweets for those who are curious: 

• Brohoof 3

I have no idea how this will work, nor am I certain that I will make it, due to time zone differences. Regardless, it's pretty extraordinary that this is actually happening and hopefully it all goes well. 

• Brohoof 1