Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Good Memories Because of MLP:FiM Sharing

Hey, if you've been a part of this fandom for a while or you're relatively new, chances are this show and fandom attached to it has brought you some fond memories. Not inherently of the episodes themselves, but maybe experiences you've had thanks to this show and fandom existing and you being a part of it. This is sort of a thread for us all to share the positive memories we've had over the years regarding this fandom. Share away! The only rules are positive memories only!

For me, I've been here since 2010 (not inherently on MLPF but in the fandom). In those days we all used to check Equestria Daily on a daily basis and find smaller sectors to discuss the show. I have to say I'm always going to have fond memories reading fanfictions, and making friends, some of which I have to this day. I am eagerly awaiting BronyCon 2019 where I will be making a ton of new friends hopefully and letting Gen 4 go out with a bang.

Throughout my time in the fandom, I mostly stayed in my own little corner and only really engaging with other fans on this website and not actually interacting with others through events such as conventions and the like.  However the exception to this was when I saw Rainbow Rocks in theaters.  Being the first and only real time I was able to interact with and talk to other fans about the show (before the movie started, thankfully everyone was nice and quiet and well behaved during it) IRL made for a unique experience that I look back on fondly.

• Brohoof 1

I've only been to three brony conventions, all BronyCons. My all-time-favorite BronyCon memory occurred in Summer 2012 (my first). During Day 1, a little girl (about four years old, I think) spotted Derpy and Whooves in fursuits and wanted to say "hi" to them. Both Derpy and Whooves walked over to her, and Whooves greeted her with a hug; all of us who watched it aww'd at the sweet sight.

Edited by Dark Qiviut

6 hours ago, AveryGamerDude said:

Man, this thread is bumming me out... I never went to a major Brony convention, and I missed a lot of the show when it aired on TV... :(

There's still time to buy a ticket to the upcoming one!

6 hours ago, Dark Qiviut said:

I've only been to three brony conventions, all BronyCons.

Are you planning on attending the final one?

There aren't any brony conventions in my country (or at least not in my area), but one time to celebrate the release of Rainbow Rocks, I went to a meetup where I got to meet a lot of other fans my age and have a good old time. We were booked in at a pub and the host has payed dinner for all of us, the movie was arranged upstairs of the pub and we even had a raffle to win some MLP merchandise. Really everybody there was genuinely nice.

Since returning to the fandom I made a challenge to myself to read as many fanfics as I can. I've seen plenty of fan-made things back in the day, but I hardly read then and didn't care for even the famous fics. Now I am checking out as much as I can, and I actually felt like I missed out a lot, lol. Actually, the reason I probably came back to the fandom this year was to not just catch up on the show, but I also wanted to watch it with the people who got me into it in the first place. I watched the show since 2012 and it wouldn't feel the same if I didn't watch the series finale with you guys. :mlp_please:

• Brohoof 2

Well, let’s start by the episode that hooked me up, Canterlot Wedding. I was so absorbed by Twi’s I desire to have Shining Armor married to what turned out to be bug queen that I wanted to see how it turned out. Then I got pissed when it was the first part, not expecting to air the second immediately. But it was :mlp_yay:.

Another would be S3 finale, with the hype of Twi becoming an alicorn was exciting, and since A True True Friend, I was holding tears of you. I couldn’t hold them when the episode ended :please:

Another would be my hunt for fics. I wasn’t keen on reading fics, as zi had a bad stigma. But my then recent discovery of TV Tropes, led me study many of them, including dark ones. I’ve decided to give a fic a try when I found it in such a dark fic, and it was a crossover with Castlevania. I was curious how ponies can hold dark and depressing tropes

MCFlurry. Season 6 premiere was the weakest at the time, but I was infatuated by McFlurry  :wub:

medium.png

I couldn’t stop thinking about her all week........ just when my parents where killed :dry:

I liked the movie, but it wasn’t a masterpiece, however, I must say the journey leading to it was beautiful. As soon as it was announced, I was counting the days, and even holding a wishful thinking to leave my ghetto home in order to watch it. Little did I know that wish was going to be true. Anyway, as the premiere date was getting closer, the hype shot up, collecting merchandise, books and shit. I was excited. Not to mention I did what’s possibly my most geek thing so far: dressing in a casual shirt, which I rarely wear, to look my best in my date with six special ladies :please:

A short time afterwards, “the leak” came..... with the almost certain possibility of FIM’s end drawing to a close :sunny:. Funny though, I was in favor in ending FIM soon to prevent it going stale, but I didn’t realized until then how much I’m gonna miss it :sunny:. Anyway, I have gotten constant bittersweet feeling for it, but I came to terms with it :adorkable:. I stumbled with this music shortly afterwards, which I plan to post again when it’s time to say goodbye 

I’ll never forget you, My Little Ponies :adorkable:

I haven't been apart of the fandom for very long - around 1 and a half years at this point. Despite it being a relatively short period, I've met a lot of fantastic people thanks to it. Whether it would be forums, gaming communities or other sites, these are experiences that I will always hold dear to my heart. Just as much as the show itself.