Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if the final episode is about a character saying goodbye?

FlareGun45

I just watched a certain movie and I don't wanna spoil anything about it but it got me thinking of how the series is gonna end.

It is rumored that after season 9, there's one last special coming around the holidays, a Hearth's Warming special. And it got me thinking that as a metaphor of this series ending, a character might have to say goodbye. Like moving away.

Spike's biggest fear is being away from Twilight, but what if it turns out that he needs to face that fear cause there's something he has to do that stops him from being in Ponyville? Maybe it's a gf, maybe it's some far-off land needing his friendship guidance cause Equestria needs the Mane 6, I have no idea. Nor do I know if this is happening. I know people wouldn't like that though, but saying goodbye to a very special friend, I'd be really hard but also it's needed. Molt Down kinda foreshadows this, he's growing up and he's gonna be going through stuff that he and Twilight will fight through together, as she says!

It's probably the most impactful way to end the series is a character leaving, but at the last episode cause there's nothing else after that. And if there's a special after season 9, that's the best time to do that!

Edited by FlareGun45
  • Brohoof 1

If they do a SoL story for a finale I'm hoping the goodbye will be Big Mac leaving Sweet Apple Acres after their wedding so him and Sugar Belle can start their own farm or something. I would like to see the show end with a celebration/wedding/goodbye. 

If not a finale, then it would be a good penultimate arc to lead into the finale. 

• Brohoof 2

I think it would be brilliant! It’s a great lesson to talk about!

The last episode, surrounding sacrifice would be pretty awesome. Imagine, Celestia and Luna sacrificing themself, to put someone away. :squee:

Edited by Hierok

I would actually be down with this kind of episode being the series finale.  In fact I have talked about this being the type of episode I would like to see the series go out on, even if it is more about the mane 6 and their careers in life lead them to move away from one another and not just only one of them moving away.  I feel like this could teach a good lesson about how even if you and your friends diverge in life, that doesn't mean you aren't still friends nor was your friendship a waste of time.

• Brohoof 1

It's going to be rather interesting to see whatever comes our way.  The most appropriate way to end Gen 4 would be a lesson in how friends say goodbye, both in show and to us as the fans.  I think however, that the lesson should be spread out over the season instead of just for the finale.  Who will be the one, or ones, to say goodbye?  That's a tough one.  I could see it being Spike, or a number of the Mane 6 having to leave Ponyville.  

The writers have a hard mission ahead of them to both get the lesson across and end such a long grande generation on a strong note.

• Brohoof 2

12 minutes ago, BornAgainBrony said:

What if Pinkie broke the 4th wall and said goodbye.

That would be cringey as hell, the worst part is that I can see it happening...