Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The MCU's next big bad/final boss after Thanos

Megas

With Endgame coming upon us as well as the conclusion for the original Avengers, with Thanos being built up as the "final boss" of the current line-up, now it's time to ask? Who do you think will be next in line to challenge the Avengers after all is done with Thanos? There's still plenty of great villains in the Marvel line-up like Red Skull, Mephisto, or Mandarin, and now with Disney getting the X-men/FF rights back, they're gonna have their most iconic villains back in their disposal like Magneto, Apocalypse, Dr Doom and Galactus. The possibilities are endless.

So I ask again, who will pick up Thanos's spot?

Edited by This Whomps
  • Brohoof 3

With Infinity Wars coming to an end, they could move into Secret Wars.   But I'm not sure the main audience would be ready for that craziness.   Tossing in the Beyonder and Molecule Man might be a little much.   With getting the Fantastic Four back, and Silver Surfer, I could see Galactus coming up.  Really though it's going to come down to how many movies/heroes they want to build up for in phase two.  Which would likely mean we have to endure yet ANOTHER round of X-men and Fantastic Four reboots to fit them into the MCU. :dry:

Honestly though, I think I'd like to see an original villain built for the MCU's phase two big baddie.  Marvel should still have enough in them for a good one. :ticking:

• Brohoof 2

Well on the different forums I have been onto many people have suggested that the next big arc in the MCU will be the Secret Invasion storyline from the comics, but given how Captain Marvel handled Skrulls, I am not sure how likely that would be.

I guess I could either see Galactus or Doctor Doom being the next main baddie for the heroes to face.  I think Doctor Doom would be more likely given that Kevin Feige has recently talked about him.

• Brohoof 2

It should be the phalanx, marvels equivalent to the Borg. A good opponent for the guardians. A good way to introduce Nova. And a great way to bring back Ultron, as his potential was wasted in Avengers II. 

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

Galactus and/or Doctor Doom, though that would ideally mean another Fantastic Four reboot and Kevin Feige has said it could be several more years til we see any of the Fox Marvel properties in the MCU. Maybe they could try and pull a Thanos again by having the villain hide in the shadows, influencing the events that transpire without actually appearing for a while.

My favorite Marvel villain of all time is Magneto but I think he really only works when the X-Men are involved, because of his history with Charles Xavier and whatnot. He may show up down the road but I can't see him being a threat against the universe itself like Galactus has been shown to be.

So apart from them... maybe Kang?

• Brohoof 2

Ideally, it should be Doctor Doom. He's always been Marvel's main villain, and the only one who's fought virtually every hero in their own comic books. 

But given that woke direction they're dead set on taking the MCU in, I don't really care anymore because whoever the big bad is, they'll just botch him up and purposely weaken him to make all the females look good. 

• Brohoof 2

Well, Galactus or Doctor Doom make sense, considering we may be getting the Failtastic 4 in the MCU. However, I believe you are missing a very important Avengers villain: Kang. However, no idea if that will happen considering:

Spoiler

Of the founding core Avengers, only Thor and Clint are in any shape to fight. Cap voluntarily remained back in time, Hulk is likely disabled from fighting, and Black Widow and Stark sacrificed themselves

Whoever it is, it's gonna feel a bit lackluster because they are never gonna be able to pose as much of a threat as Thanos. Like, how the fuck do you top erasing half of all sentient life from the universe with a mere snap of your fingers?

• Brohoof 4

• 2 weeks later...