Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Site ads

LucasB

4 hours ago, TBD said:

? Is this  a troll question or a technical question?

No, I want to support the forums by enabling ads but I'm just wondering why there isn't any ads. Equestria daily seems to have ads so it's not because it's a brony forum. I mean brony or not we still buy stuff, wouldn't hurt to advertise here.

• Brohoof 2

I'm not sure the rotating ads survived the Invision Power Board forum software upgrade that happened awhile back. I remember there was some issues with the Google AdSense system we were using at the time, but I'm not clearly remembering all the fooferall around it.

• Brohoof 1

Moving to Site Questions and Technical Support.

About ads, the site ads that I know are just for pony stuff and not actual advertisers that want to sell you useless crap you don't need.

I've been wondering on that months ago. :-P

As @Gestum said, the ads are still there. It's just the account setting, that appears to be not working properly.

When you're logged out, you see the ads, but if you're logged in, these are hidden regardless of the setting.

Most likely the forum software upgrade caused that setting to be no longer functional, just like with the 'disable sticky nav bar' one. :twi: 

1 hour ago, TheTaZe said:

About ads, the site ads that I know are just for pony stuff and not actual advertisers that want to sell you useless crap you don't need.

Actually the ads in question are these typical ones, that include the useless stuff no one wants to see, such as dating sites. :mlp_icwudt: Log out and scroll to the bottom to see. :-P

1 minute ago, Rikifive said:

Actually the ads in question are these typical ones, that include the useless stuff no one wants to see, such as dating sites. :mlp_icwudt:

Really? The only ads I ever saw were pony ads. Even after I disabled my adblocker for this site?

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, TheTaZe said:

Really? The only ads I ever saw were pony ads. Even after I disabled my adblocker for this site?

Yep

Spoiler

IMG_20190404_172916.thumb.jpg.9c1f0bcaed14e0bde886ff7cdf490384.jpg

Not sure about adblock though, as I disabled it for this site.

Log out and scroll to the bottom to see. :-P

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Rikifive said:

Yep

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_20190404_172916.thumb.jpg.9c1f0bcaed14e0bde886ff7cdf490384.jpg

Not sure about adblock though, as I disabled it for this site.

Log out and scroll to the bottom to see. :-P

Done that. I disabled my adblock and it just doesn't appear down there. I see the text of "Register now to remove this ad" but the ad just doesn't appear. Who knows... :sealed:

• Brohoof 1

15 minutes ago, TheTaZe said:

Done that. I disabled my adblock and it just doesn't appear down there. I see the text of "Register now to remove this ad" but the ad just doesn't appear. Who knows... :sealed:

Hmm that's odd. I see these on both, pc and mobile.

Perhaps other plugins or browser may have something to do with it, no idea. EqE4vfd.png

• Brohoof 1

On 4/3/2019 at 8:20 PM, Twiggy said:

Did you forget to turn adblock off for the site? Easy thing to forget when it's always on.

I don’t have adblock and I still don’t see ads. Or maybe I’ve gotten really good at tuning them out, but when I’ve consciously looked for them I couldn’t find them.