Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Twilight REALLY fit for leading Equestria?

FlareGun45

(edited)

Define ruling Equestria? Anyway, I think Twilight just might do it I suppose. The only thing that we know Celestia and Luna are doing is raising Sun and the Moon. And Luna is dreamwalking. 

Oh right, Celestia does all of the dirty work I suppose. She smiles to the Nobles, goes around the Canterlot, doing various ceremonies.

Day and Night Courts are more fanon invention.

Edited by R.D.Dash

5 hours ago, Twilight and Starlight said:

What if spike ended up being crown ruler of equestria instead of Twilight?

Why not both?

Twilight takes Celestia's spot, Spike takes Luna's spot! Spike gets his due and his destiny, while still being with Twilight, it's the perfect job for him! He and Twilight's relationship are very similar to Celestia and Luna's! Both will be at their very best when together! I'll make a separate post about that soon when I have the time!

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, FlareGun45 said:

Why not both?

Twilight takes Celestia's spot, Spike takes Luna's spot! Spike gets his due and his destiny, while still being with Twilight, it's the perfect job for him! He and Twilight's relationship are very similar to Celestia and Luna's! Both will be at their very best when together! I'll make a separate post about that soon when I have the time!

No but what if spike was the main main main ruler of equestria. And Twilight was his assistant?

8 hours ago, Dashiefan50 said:

No but what if spike was the main main main ruler of equestria. And Twilight was his assistant?

Nah, Twilight's already gonna rule Equestria, it's already planned. Them ruling TOGETHER would be a great way to do this!

12 minutes ago, FlareGun45 said:

Nah, Twilight's already gonna rule Equestria, it's already planned. Them ruling TOGETHER would be a great way to do this!

Well yea I know that but what if spike was chosen to rule instead how would things be different?

I really don't see her right now at the moment fit to be a ruler of all of Equestria. Maybe when she gets older and more experienced. Plus, you still got Celestia and Luna who have been rulers for thousands of years.:adorkable:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

No. I'm comparing it with the way she runs the school in Season 8. It's understaffed with under skilled ponies with little to no teaching of education who were chosen based on close personal association. Not to mention she places huge demands on her friends. She made mistakes in the opening of the school that got it shutdown. When the rules or laws got in her way, she was talked into breaking them. So far, Twilight hasn't owned up to any mistakes from her school.

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 2

My guess is that she's as fit for leading Equestria as Celestia and Luna were when they started ruling. I think one of her stumbling stones is that she's built up what being a princess "is" in her head, and she's busy trying to be that, instead of being the kind of leader that she's already capable of being. Specifically, she shouldn't be "The Princess", she should be the "Princess of Friendship".

Ignoring the early offer of assistance in the episode is, after all, counter to a lot of things that she herself has learned, and to things she's told other ponies, as she's learned more about friendship, magic, and harmony. So if she'd just taken time to embody friendship there, she'd have quickly taken the momentary hit to princess-ly image to say "Actually, we could use some help, thank you!" early on. We wouldn't have gotten the same conflict in the episode if she'd done that, though, so she's still gotta learn how to embody Friendship in this particular venue. That'll come with practice.

• Brohoof 2

I think she's ready to be a good leader, she'll obviously have lots of problems during her first years as the head of Equestria but she has what it's needed to overcome the hardships of being the nation's leader.

The problem is... I don't think she even wants to be the leader of Equestria. She wants to do it because she wants Celestia to enjoy retirement, not because she truly wants to lead the nation. She's adept at leading, but it is not what she likes to do and we've all seen how Twilight gets when she becomes stressed.

Twilight will need all the rest and relaxation she can get during her free time to do a good job, which means she will have to accept being treated as the princess she is and worshipped by other ponies. This is the breaking point in my opinion, Twilight has always wanted to be treated as an equal and when she gets the big job she'll have to accept being over everypony else, otherwise she will definitely stress out and choke.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

IMO she's not ready to be a leader. She can't afford to go "Twilighting" whenever something goes wrong, she can't afford to second guess her decisions every turn, or to try and do everything by herself. 

Twilight nearly went "Lesson Zero" on that amulet the Princesses had given her to control the sun and moon.

To be a ruler of Equestria Twilight doesn't need to change her personality or who she is, but she does need to change her mindset and outlook on things. Considering how her breakdowns/Twilighting actually seems to get worse the further we get into this season, I'm slightly worried her change might be last-minute.

Something big needs to happen (which likely will) to make Twilight understand what it truly means to be a leader.

Edited by JH24
  • Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...