Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where does the show rank?

CastletonSnob

Objectively? I'm not sure really, I've always found it a little silly to even try to rank things in that way, as personal opinion and taste plays so much into how we enjoy media and art.

Subjectively, however, it's easily #1 for me. It's not even really a competition, since MLP isn't just my favorite cartoon of the decade, or even my favorite cartoon in general, it's just plain out my favorite show of all time. Can't tell you exactly why, but back in that magical day in 2011 when I first stumbled upon the show's opening two parter I've been smitten and obsessed with this show, and my interest has pretty much never dropped. I've had some fun with other cartoons, sure. I enjoyed Adventure Time a lot once I got past some of it's oddities, Steven Universe and Star VS were pretty fun for a while until I eventually got bored, and I still like Rick and Morty when I'm feeling particularly cynical...but nothing's quite stolen my heart like ponies. I've tried some other cartoons too, but most of them just failed to really capture my interest. Meanwhile, I feel like I could happily watch MLP for another full 9 seasons (Or even more!) if that was possible.

If I had to rank like a top 5, I guess it'd go like this:

1. MLP: FIM
  2. Adventure Time
  3. Steven Universe.
  4. Rick and Morty.
  5. Star Vs the Forces of Evil.
Edited by BastementSparkle
  • Brohoof 2

I have no idea. I want to wait to see it with the proper voice talent first. It isn’t my top 5 of this decade though, especially if the only qualifier is animated show (series). 

• Brohoof 1

Still one of my favorite shows. No matter how much I dislike the second half, the first half(+S7) was amazing and nothing can take that away

2 hours ago, Bas said:

Typo? Am I the only one confused here? ._.

Lol no. It’s not near the top of my favorite animated shows for this decade. It may make the Top 10. May. 

• Brohoof 1

Even with all the issues people have had with the show not only this past season, but in general, MLP FiM will always have a special place in my heart, and I consider it one of my favorite cartoons of the decade.

• Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, cmarston1 said:

Even with all the issues people have had with the show not only this past season, but in general, MLP FiM will always have a special place in my heart, and I consider it one of my favorite cartoons of the decade.

I reckon that the show as a whole will be widely remembered for all 9 seasons with the passage of time.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is tied for number one along with "Unikitty!" as far as ranking cartoons from this decade is concerned. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

Considering that I haven't really watched most of the cartoons that came out this decade, so I would have to say that FiM would be my favourite show of the decade. But having said that though I don't think it's a good as other shows that I've followed over the years like the original Ben 10 series, Teen Titans and my personal childhood favourite Digimon Adventure. But I think I will always have a special in my heart for FiM.