Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Any Marvel Cinematic Universe fans?

DivineMist1000

I must admit, I am not as fond of this film series as many others are, though I have had my share of fun with it. :mlp_grin: Of the MCU films thus far, I have likely enjoyed Thor: Ragnarok and Avengers: Infinity War the most. Avengers: Endgame is quite good as well, but truly, I don't think it is quite as good as its predecessor. Nevertheless, I did find it to be an overall satisfactory conclusion to the first era of Marvel films. Due to that, however, my interest in the MCU as declined even further; now that every major character's arc has wrapped up, I don't have much of a reason to keep up with the MCU, to be quite honest.

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, The Recherche said:

I must admit, I am not as fond of this film series as many others are, though I have had my share of fun with it. :mlp_grin: Of the MCU films thus far, I have likely enjoyed Thor: Ragnarok and Avengers: Infinity War the most. Avengers: Endgame is quite good as well, but truly, I don't think it is quite as good as its predecessor. Nevertheless, I did find it to be an overall satisfactory conclusion to the first era of Marvel films. Due to that, however, my interest in the MCU as declined even further; now that every major character's arc has wrapped up, I don't have much of a reason to keep up with the MCU, to be quite honest.

Can you believe that Endgame is the highest grossing film of all time? 

• Brohoof 2

Just now, DivineDawn1000 said:

Can you believe that Endgame is the highest grossing film of all time? 

Truly, considering the vast amount of hype that Infinity War generated, I find that to be appropriate. :mlp_grin: As I said; I may not have enjoyed the film as much as Infinity War, but it was still enjoyable nevertheless.

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, The Recherche said:

Truly, considering the vast amount of hype that Infinity War generated, I find that to be appropriate. :mlp_grin: As I said; I may not have enjoyed the film as much as Infinity War, but it was still enjoyable nevertheless.

Endgame was just... THE perfect movie for me! It was funny, that final battle, DEAR GOD that final battle!

Stark’s death always gets me teary-eyed and it is the perfect way to cap off the last 11 years of amazing movies!

• Brohoof 2

Been with the MCU since Iron Man 1, which is still one of my favorite movies in the series. I’d be here all day if I went in depth, but I’ll say Winter Soldier, Ragnarok, Infinity War and Avengers 1 are my top favorites as well 

• Brohoof 4

1 minute ago, Kiryu-Chan said:

Been with the MCU since Iron Man 1, which is still one of my favorite movies in the series. I’d be here all day if I went in depth, but I’ll say Winter Soldier, Ragnarok, Infinity War and Avengers 1 are my top favorites as well 

All the Avengers movies are so awesome, but Ragnarok, Civil War, Guardians 2 and Doctor Strange are also favorites of mine!

• Brohoof 2

I'm a fan. :)

Although, I am worried what the future holds. After Endgame and Far From Home, I am not sure if there is much left the MCU has to offer. I've heard there is going to be one more Spider-Man movie. I expect another Doctor Strange movie at least. But what's going to keep the MCU afloat? I hope they plan to make X-Men movies soon, since they bought the rights...

• Brohoof 1

I followed the MCU movies pretty religiously until about Civil War. Not because I hated them or anything, that's just when they started putting them out faster than I could keep up with them. xD

But I did go to see as many as I could. I'd have to say that my favorite is Iron Man 1, just because it started the whole thing and it was a great stepping stone to an awesome franchise.

Favorite character? Probably Ant-Man. His solo movie was pretty good even though it had nothing going for it, and Paul Rudd brings a lot to the character.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Meson Bolt said:

I followed the MCU movies pretty religiously until about Civil War. Not because I hated them or anything, that's just when they started putting them out faster than I could keep up with them. xD

But I did go to see as many as I could. I'd have to say that my favorite is Iron Man 1, just because it started the whole thing and it was a great stepping stone to an awesome franchise.

Favorite character? Probably Ant-Man. His solo movie was pretty good even though it had nothing going for it, and Paul Rudd brings a lot to the character.

Have you seen Infinity War and Endgame?

• Brohoof 2

7 minutes ago, DivineDawn1000 said:

Have you seen Infinity War and Endgame?

I saw Infinity War once, but I fell asleep halfway through. Not because the movie was boring, mind you, I was just so tired from work that day. My friend woke me up just in time for the final fight tho (I'm kinda upset she did tho, since... y'know what happens).

And I haven't seen Endgame yet, but I already know the gist of the plot. That's how it usually goes for these kinds of things.

Plan on watching both in full when I return to the States.

1 minute ago, Meson Bolt said:

I saw Infinity War once, but I fell asleep halfway through. Not because the movie was boring, mind you, I was just so tired from work that day. My friend woke me up just in time for the final fight tho (I'm kinda upset she did tho, since... y'know what happens).

And I haven't seen Endgame yet, but I already know the gist of the plot. That's how it usually goes for these kinds of things.

Plan on watching both in full when I return to the States.

I'm serious when I say that Endgame is the greatest movie I've ever seen!

• Brohoof 2

My hype for it dies after the first Avenger movie. After that, it's seems pretty redundant and kicking a dead horse.  The MCU movies has gotten worst as more comes out...but at least it better than what Sony or 20th century (except Deadpool) can give.  I'm more of a DC fan both the comic and the movie.

2 minutes ago, TBD said:

My hype for it dies after the first Avenger movie. After that, it's seems pretty redundant and kicking a dead horse.  The MCU movies has gotten worst as more comes out...but at least it better than what Sony or 20th century (except Deadpool) can give.  I'm more of a DC fan both the comic and the movie.

That’s your opinion and I respect it, but I very much disagree with you on that!

• Brohoof 1

I have been a fan since Civil War, and I have to say that I really really enjoy the Marvel Cinematic Universe.  My favorite movies in it are Endgame, Infinity War, Thor: Ragnarok, Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2, Black Panther. 

While there are people who may feel done with it and see Endgame as a pretty good stopping point, I am still interested in seeing what the future of the franchise has to offer.

Out of the upcoming projects the ones that I am most interested in are Thor: Love and Thunder, Ms. Marvel, and What If.