Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Outskirts of Canterlot (RP)

Zenchi

(OOC topic ^)

@Illiad Easle

"Would ya shut the door and get in already?"

The Yak's voice cracked across the room, the vocals almost enough to smack Snipes in the face, a stark contrast to the cold winter gale outside. The friendly atmosphere within beckoned, as though enticing him into the dance of celebration...Even if there was no glad event. 

Edited by Zenchi
  • Brohoof 1

@Zenchi

Snipes walked silently through the lightly falling snow, yet none of the flakes touched him. An enchantment in the long coat he wore, a gift from his father, kept water away from his body, and a simple spell kept it away from his exposed head. Despite his natural resistance to the cold as a reindeer, he still wore a red scarf, tied around his neck and tucked into the front of his coat. But most noticable were the glasses he wore, slightly mirrored lenses covered his eyes completely, he wore them day and night, and now was no exception.

He had been walking for some time when he found the inn, while he did not show it he was glad for the opportunity to rest.

1 hour ago, Zenchi said:

"Would ya shut the door and get in already?"

"What, too cold fer ya?" Regardless, he closed the door quickly behind him and loosened his scarf and the front of his coat as he casually approached the bar. "What're you selling? You got a vacant room for the night?"

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Illiad Easle said:

@Zenchi

Snipes walked silently through the lightly falling snow, yet none of the flakes touched him. An enchantment in the long coat he wore, a gift from his father, kept water away from his body, and a simple spell kept it away from his exposed head. Despite his natural resistance to the cold as a reindeer, he still wore a red scarf, tied around his neck and tucked into the front of his coat. But most noticable were the glasses he wore, slightly mirrored lenses covered his eyes completely, he wore them day and night, and now was no exception.

He had been walking for some time when he found the inn, while he did not show it he was glad for the opportunity to rest.

"What, too cold fer ya?" Regardless, he closed the door quickly behind him and loosened his scarf and the front of his coat as he casually approached the bar. "What're you selling? You got a vacant room for the night?"

The yak sniffed, then grunted, nonplussed by the banter--after all, Snipes had closed the door. An ear flicked, in the mountain of fur around his horns, before he replied. Quieter, now that they were speaking closer. 

"I sell alcohol, all kinds." He relied gruffly, "a room be twenty bits."

• Brohoof 2

With the roaring winds outside and the heavy snowfall making every direction look the same Silver Duster was forced to land and fold his wings tight to him to keep warm.  Just .... which way was home? He looked around unsure and confused before a violent shiver ran through him making him move. If he didn't want to freeze on the spot he would need to keep moving.

This was to be a simple delivery just how did the weather turn so fast?

Either way he could feel frost forming on his hooves and started to move faster until he spotted a rather warm looking building. It had an odd sign too but perhaps being inside would be better than out in the cold.

Without thinking he pushed it open and slipped inside shutting it quickly before the warmth could escape.  But that was when he noticed two things, one that the air smelt funny and that two there was a large hearth and an open spot right infront of it. And not wanting any pony else to get that spot he rushed over and sat before it warming his hooves.

• Brohoof 3

An armor-clad pony that stood on his hind legs stumbled upon what appeared to be a lively tavern in a blistering winter chill storm. 

There, a voice in his head told him, We shall find shelter in that tavern. 

And maybe some food and booze, another voice said. 

How about some jobs to do around here? a third voice told him. 

The pony simply grumbled, his breath visible out of his helmet as he exhaled in frustration. He marched towards the tavern with purpose, with hoofbeats muted by the soft snow that would’ve otherwise made near-thundering beats on the ground. When he reached the doors, he slammed through them with his shoulders, his strength clearly exhibited. After fixing and softly closing the doors, he observed the patrons of the tavern intently, softly growling. 

Edited by Kronos the Revenant
  • Brohoof 3

Meanwhile, in one corner of the tavern sat a cherry-red unicorn with a mane as black as a moonless night, dressed in what appeared to be Royal Guard armor. In one hoof sat a shot-glass of Appleloosan whiskey, the rather large bottle sitting in the center of the table. He appeared to have quite had a number of drinks already, if the fact his head was down and he was slurring murmured groans of pain.

• Brohoof 1

@Zenchi

Snipes' ear twitched for each of the newcomers, but he didn't turn to look at them. He could hear that the second was walking, heavily, on two legs, which he thought odd, but not enough to turn away from the proprietor. He rolled his eyes behind his glasses, and therefore out of sight, though he wondered how much the yak could actually see with all that hair.

"I'll take a room, you sell food too? I'll take butterbeer to drink if you've got it."

He pulled out a small pouch of bits from his coat and counted out twenty to pass to the yak.

It would only be then that he would turn to look at the newcomers, but only for a moment, just long enough to assess them as potential threats. That armored one... could cause some trouble. He resolved to keep an eye on them as he turned his gaze back to the yak.

• Brohoof 1

The yak, noticed all. From the rat of a colt, scurrying to the fireplace. The armored clanging, heralded long before the door even opened to reveal. 

The guard had been there since midday. Working that bottle down steadily...The yak snorted.

"...Butterbeer..." He mumbled, turning to brush hooves against the shelves behind the counter. Sounds of a tap running was heard, before the yak placed a tall pint of the stuff in front of the deer. 

"On th' house. So be sure to buy more." He said, wiping his hoof across the counter like a rag. Which, considering the overgrowth, functioned as one. "Just don't pick any fights."

---

@Kronos the Revenant

A springy mare walked briskly about the tavern. A notepad floating behind her, held by her horn's magic, she cheerfully inquired ponies and others alike what their orders would be. Nearing the armor-clad pony, she gave a bright smile. 

"-Anything we can start you off with?"

• Brohoof 3

Kronos turned his head down intently towards the mare. 

“A few things, actually,” he replied to the mare’s inquiry, “First, what’s there to eat and drink around here?” He turned his body slightly to reveal a rather decently sized pouch of gold from previous jobs he’s done. “Second, anyone I can talk to for some jobs around here?” He scanned the room as he asked his second question, suspicious of most of the patrons, as he is in most places he’s new to. 

Just get some chow and ask questions later, a voice in his head said. 

Yeah, the second one replied, I’m starving here. 

He grumbled to himself and said in his head, Would you guys shut the hell up? I’m trying to do just that. 

• Brohoof 3

@Zenchi

Snipes collected the pint in his magic, taking a small sip of it, "Don't worry, I don't fight 'less I'm paid too, or if they started it." He briefly wondered if the yak had used a similar technique to clean the mug as he had the counter before simply shrugging and turning to face the rest of the patrons. Free drink, what's it matter if it ain't the cleanest, or the best. 

The guard unicorn caught his attention, especially considering he was by himself. Snipes wasn't usually one to be sociable, but where there was a guard alone there was usually trouble, and trouble tended to pay well.

@Renegade the Unicorn

He sat across the table from the apparent guard, thunking his own pint down on the table, "Hey, You got a lot of armor on to be as drunk as you are."

• Brohoof 2

Silver took his time warming up before the fire, though once he felt that he had finally defrosted enough to take in the building he was in he looked around noticing that he was horribly surrounded by adult ponies all of which were drinking.

At least that explained the funny smell in the air. Though he was now sure that he wasn't suppose to be here at all. But they wouldn't throw a colt out into the cold storm would they? Silver frowned to himself for a moment before squaring up and walked as confident as he could up to the bar where the Yak was at. All he needed to do was to get a drink so he could blend in with the crowds and surely he could stay inside.

• Brohoof 2

15 hours ago, Kronos the Revenant said:

Kronos turned his head down intently towards the mare. 

“A few things, actually,” he replied to the mare’s inquiry, “First, what’s there to eat and drink around here?” He turned his body slightly to reveal a rather decently sized pouch of gold from previous jobs he’s done. “Second, anyone I can talk to for some jobs around here?” He scanned the room as he asked his second question, suspicious of most of the patrons, as he is in most places he’s new to. 

Just get some chow and ask questions later, a voice in his head said. 

Yeah, the second one replied, I’m starving here. 

He grumbled to himself and said in his head, Would you guys shut the hell up? I’m trying to do just that. 

@Kronos the Revenant

The mare beamed, clearly oblivious to the menacing aura from Kronos. 

"To eat, we have a nice selection of grasses and grains, some meats for the more bold, along with pies and pastries I baked myself~!"
"To drink, we have almost anything you can imagine with alcohol, with plain water otherwise." 

She paused, and gave a small embarrassed frown, "as for jobs, you just missed it. Some guy came in and took 'em all." 

6 hours ago, BroomsNHops said:

Silver took his time warming up before the fire, though once he felt that he had finally defrosted enough to take in the building he was in he looked around noticing that he was horribly surrounded by adult ponies all of which were drinking.

At least that explained the funny smell in the air. Though he was now sure that he wasn't suppose to be here at all. But they wouldn't throw a colt out into the cold storm would they? Silver frowned to himself for a moment before squaring up and walked as confident as he could up to the bar where the Yak was at. All he needed to do was to get a drink so he could blend in with the crowds and surely he could stay inside.

@BroomsNHops

The yak turned to look at him, gaze hidden under the fur. Treading closer, as Silver waited.

Speaking in that same gruff voice, as though it were equally possible he did or didn't know.

"Anything you're looking for, son?"

• Brohoof 2

A nervous swallow came from Silver. This was the first Yak he had ever seen before up close and well, this one was quite large.  "Uhh anything a few bits could get me?" he asked pulling a few bits from his saddle bag and placing them on the counter.  "A cider perhaps?" 

It was at least something familiar compared to the many bottles behind the Yak.

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, Zenchi said:

@Kronos the Revenant

The mare beamed, clearly oblivious to the menacing aura from Kronos. 

"To eat, we have a nice selection of grasses and grains, some meats for the more bold, along with pies and pastries I baked myself~!"
"To drink, we have almost anything you can imagine with alcohol, with plain water otherwise." 

She paused, and gave a small embarrassed frown, "as for jobs, you just missed it. Some guy came in and took 'em all." 

“Oh,” Kronos replied with a disappointed sigh, “ah well, I’ll just get myself some grub and grog.”

YES, his voices cheered simultaneously, FINALLY!!!!

”I guess I’ll take some fine meat, warm cider, and one of those pies you mentioned you made yourself.”

He gave the mare a few extra gold coins from his pouch, pulled up his helmet visor and gave her a wink, “And try to be quick about it, too.”

With that, he sat down at the bar, waiting for his order. 

Edited by Kronos the Revenant
  • Brohoof 2

40 minutes ago, BroomsNHops said:

A nervous swallow came from Silver. This was the first Yak he had ever seen before up close and well, this one was quite large.  "Uhh anything a few bits could get me?" he asked pulling a few bits from his saddle bag and placing them on the counter.  "A cider perhaps?" 

It was at least something familiar compared to the many bottles behind the Yak.

He stared down at Silver. Raised a hoof, to brush fur aside to glare with one eye, inspecting the young boy. 

Before turning, to fix a drink. 

"In Yak culture, long as you can hold your liquor ...Then you are of age to drink with elders." He turned back around, pushing a single shot glass to him. The smell intensified, and a slightly educated guess would signal that this was whiskey. "Two bits, one shot."

14 minutes ago, Kronos the Revenant said:

“Oh,” Kronos replied with a disappointed sigh, “ah well, I’ll just get myself some grub and grog.”

YES, his voices cheered simultaneously, FINALLY!!!!

”I guess I’ll take some fine meat, warm cider, and one of those pies you mentioned you made yourself.”

He gave the mare a few extra gold coins from his pouch, pulled up his helmet visor and gave her a wink, “And try to be quick about it, too.”

With that, he sat down at the bar, waiting for his order. 

She winked back, clearly fluent in the banter. "I'll be sure to. Mr. Big Spender can get the best meals we got~" 

It only took a moment, as she stepped away, for the bustle of the tavern's crowds to cover her. Nimbly stepping between ponies, making her way back to the counter, a waitress of seasoned footwork...

• Brohoof 2

Silver froze as the Yak parted his fur to have a glance at him, his ears dropped just a fraction though his light blue eyes grew wide at the fact that the Yak started to get him something.

A small smile passed through him but as the Yak turned his way he simply gave a sheepish nod.  The drink smelt strong, but it was so small.  "Okay," he muttered trying to sound confident before sliding the bits over.

Silver though couldn't help but look over at the more serious looking pony that came up to the bar and lowered his head some as he slid his small drink closer to himself.

• Brohoof 2

The door suddenly shot open, slamming on its hinges to hit the wall. A red glow surrounded it, preventing the door from swinging back and blocking the path of the mare behind it. A moment later, and a unicorn mare walked into the bar. She had dark blue fur and a mane striped two different shades of blue. Her eyes were red and there was a wicked grin on her face. She wore an expensive looking coat of dragon leather and furry boots; both had been bought with her ill gotten gains. Her eyes roved lazily around and came to rest on her favourite chair next to the bar. The mare was a regular at this particular watering hole and immediately made her order. Shadow Star, roving gambler and general good time filly, had arrived.

"Just a mug of the strongest whiskey you've got," she drawled, tossing bits on to the bar.

• Brohoof 2

Snipes noticed the bar was starting to get a bit crowded, he moved his chair so he could turn his back to the wall while still maintaining a polite amount of visual with his tablemate.

@Renegade the Unicorn

He waved a hoof dismissively, "Can't get too tipsy, I'm on watch. Another time."

He nodded at the unicorn's introduction, "Snipes"

He took another sip of his drink as he scanned around the room, the newcomer was already rubbing him the wrong way, too much like the reindeer aristocrats from back home.

He turned back towards Renegade, "So, come here often? Know any of these creatures?"

• Brohoof 2

@Illiad Easle 

Renegade shook his head, the rush of blood almost causing him to vomit. "Nope. I'm from Hollow Shades, but I was born in Canterlot. I was visiting my family, until I got an assignment from my superiors - apparently there's troubles out on the frontier. I stopped here to get well and truly plastered before I set off. See, I don't like adventures - but my Cutie Mark compels me to travel wherever it feels I'm needed. And the frontier doesn't need me of all ponies, considering my tastes in alcohol and the, ah, company of working mares and stallions - if you catch my meaning." The unicorn's face took on a sneer of delight, like a schoolcolt who's discovered his father's stash of salacious magazines and taken one to show his friends the next day in class.

Edited by Renegade the Unicorn
  • Brohoof 2

Glancing at the guards who started to talk, Silver simply kept his head down as he gave his drink a few sniffs wincing at the strong order coming from it before taking a gulp of it like another pony did down the bar top.

Within moments his eyes watered and the urge to spit out the drink as it burned his mouth grew.   He wanted to spit it out but with the Yak right there and all the other adult ponies around  he didn't want to make a scene. Especially since all the others seemed to be drinking just fine.  Feeling himself turn blue he forced himself to swallow and shuddered at the burning feeling that ran down his throat.

• Brohoof 1

On 9/30/2019 at 6:46 PM, Pripyat Pony said:

The door suddenly shot open, slamming on its hinges to hit the wall. A red glow surrounded it, preventing the door from swinging back and blocking the path of the mare behind it. A moment later, and a unicorn mare walked into the bar. She had dark blue fur and a mane striped two different shades of blue. Her eyes were red and there was a wicked grin on her face. She wore an expensive looking coat of dragon leather and furry boots; both had been bought with her ill gotten gains. Her eyes roved lazily around and came to rest on her favourite chair next to the bar. The mare was a regular at this particular watering hole and immediately made her order. Shadow Star, roving gambler and general good time filly, had arrived.

"Just a mug of the strongest whiskey you've got," she drawled, tossing bits on to the bar.

5 hours ago, BroomsNHops said:

Glancing at the guards who started to talk, Silver simply kept his head down as he gave his drink a few sniffs wincing at the strong order coming from it before taking a gulp of it like another pony did down the bar top.

Within moments his eyes watered and the urge to spit out the drink as it burned his mouth grew.   He wanted to spit it out but with the Yak right there and all the other adult ponies around  he didn't want to make a scene. Especially since all the others seemed to be drinking just fine.  Feeling himself turn blue he forced himself to swallow and shuddered at the burning feeling that ran down his throat.

"Strongest whiskey?" The Yak chuckled, catching the bits in a wide sweep as they bounced once on the counter. "You're being modest tonight." He commented, pushing another shot glass towards her--the exact same he'd just given to Silver. 

Of whom the Yak, at some point while serving the new mare, smoothly pushed a glass of water next to. Fresh and cold, one would think it came from the snow outside, as the yak continued talking to the mare. 

---

On 9/30/2019 at 10:19 PM, Illiad Easle said:

Snipes noticed the bar was starting to get a bit crowded, he moved his chair so he could turn his back to the wall while still maintaining a polite amount of visual with his tablemate.

@Renegade the Unicorn

He waved a hoof dismissively, "Can't get too tipsy, I'm on watch. Another time."

He nodded at the unicorn's introduction, "Snipes"

He took another sip of his drink as he scanned around the room, the newcomer was already rubbing him the wrong way, too much like the reindeer aristocrats from back home.

He turned back towards Renegade, "So, come here often? Know any of these creatures?"

On 9/30/2019 at 10:38 PM, Renegade the Unicorn said:

@Illiad Easle 

Renegade shook his head, the rush of blood almost causing him to vomit. "Nope. I'm from Hollow Shades, but I was born in Canterlot. I was visiting my family, until I got an assignment from my superiors - apparently there's troubles out on the frontier. I stopped here to get well and truly plastered before I set off. See, I don't like adventures - but my Cutie Mark compels me to travel wherever it feels I'm needed. And the frontier doesn't need me of all ponies, considering my tastes in alcohol and the, ah, company of working mares and stallions - if you catch my meaning." The unicorn's face took on a sneer of delight, like a schoolcolt who's discovered his father's stash of salacious magazines and taken one to show his friends the next day in class.

The mare was making her way back. Scanning the room once, to find her customer--she nimbly weaved through the crowds, towards the two. She was carrying a platter of food; slabs of meat piled high, a pint of cider, a pie held in her magic above the crowd, setting the food down between the two. "I'll bring you your tab by the end of tonight...In case you wanna buy more after this."

She made a small smile at Renegade, already familiar with how long he'd been there, "nice to see you're making friends~"

• Brohoof 2

@Renegade the Unicorn

Snipes looked over with a raised eyebrow, "Indeed? You would have gotten along quite well with my father. It was his love for... those sorts, of activities that got him exiled from his clan."

@Zenchi

He was surprised that the mare brought them food before they had ordered it, but then again the barkeep had given him his drink for free, maybe they just really liked the guard here? He nodded respectfully to the mare who delivered the food, "'Preciate it, I'm impressed you knew just what to bring without my having asked."

He turned back to the guard, "Unless you ordered already?"

He turned back to the mare, "Just put the meat on my tab, that'll be enough for me."

He carefully lifted one of the meat slabs with his magic, revealing his sharp fangs as he opened his mouth to start eating it. They were quite uncommon for a reindeer.

• Brohoof 1

Granite Rose trudged through the snow, trying hard to keep himself from shivering. Though he was wearing a hoodie, he was still freezing as he was not really used to the cold. It didn’t snow much where he came from, and if it did, the snow was so light that patches of grass were exposed.

After trotting a few feet, he noticed a building up ahead. He couldn’t make out the name of it, but he knew it must be warm in there and that’s all that mattered. Picking up speed, he galloped inside and shook of the snow on his fur.

Once inside, he was relieved the building was indeed warm, but there was also a strange smell in the air. Looking around, he realized he was in some sort of bar. 

Well, I guess I should go find a table. I can’t stay here if I don’t get something. he thought to himself.

Granite searched for a table and found one in the back. He quietly sat down and waited for somepony to come by and take his order.

• Brohoof 2