Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

For being the final 2 part finale, I feel like it has the biggest number of problems.  

First, I think why Tirek couldn't use Discord's magic because he wasn't strong enough/powerful enough in comparison to when he did in the season 4 finale

Chrysalis calling Grogar a goat when he's a ram 

when Discord say's "Your welcome." and everypony turns to look at him they forgot to remove a red arrow on one of the guards indicating to turn her head

Tirek took the magic from the Pillars they still had their cutie marks

Luna's voice coming from Celestia 

Chrysalis calling Tirek a minotaur when he's a centaur

Discord and Tirek mispronouncing cretin

when Cozy Glow say's "Their right there!" she is missing her horn 

and Hyper Sonic's voice.

Edited by Shady Mist
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Shady Mist said:

First, I think why Tirek couldn't use Discord's magic because he wasn't strong enough/powerful enough in comparison to when he did in the season 4 finale

In Twilight’s Kingdom, Tirek ate Discord’s magic so that he can grow bigger. In Ending Of, they want to use his magic so they can take control of its abilities, but can’t figure it out, so they left it in his bell.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
17 hours ago, Dark Qiviut said:

In Twilight’s Kingdom, Tirek ate Discord’s magic so that he can grow bigger. In Ending Of, they want to use his magic so they can take control of its abilities, but can’t figure it out, so they left it in his bell.

I thought that at first but then I remembered him using Discords magic in "Twilight's Kingdom" when he had the Mane 6, Spike, and Discord appear in bubbles.

Tirek wasn't using his own magic because every time he did there was magic between his horns, but with the bubbles there was no magic and he kept snapping his fingers like Discord every time.

Edited by Shady Mist

3,5 and 8th sound more like errors than actual problems with the episode itself. Like the arrow and horn sound like animation errors. I don’t think it’s really fair to count those. They were probably made and just never caught during the time it was animated. Animation errors are just something that happens. Especially since stuff like missing horns happens every now in then in episodes other than that. Granted it’s earlier seasons but still. The voice thing is probably just a mistake in general. The other stuff sound like continuity errors and those can count though. 

• Brohoof 2

My disappointment is the real Grogar is alive and he is not already beat by Twilight,Starlight,etc or even they didn't turn him into the statue just like Chrysalis,Cozy and Tirek. I don't even know why they let Grogar still alive after the season 9. Maybe they still need Grogar for something.

21 minutes ago, Flash-Magnus said:

My disappointment is the real Grogar is alive and he is not already beat by Twilight,Starlight,etc or even they didn't turn him into the statue just like Chrysalis,Cozy and Tirek. I don't even know why they let Grogar still alive after the season 9. Maybe they still need Grogar for something.

We don't know if Grogar's still alive though, he could easily be dead, or already imprisoned somewhere, or any number of things. For all we know the guy's reformed and retired to focus on his gardening hobby. If he's still around, wherever he is or whatever he's doing, he hasn't posed a threat to Equestria for a long time, so why would they go hunting him down?

Edited by BastementSparkle
  • Brohoof 3

5 hours ago, BastementSparkle said:

We don't know if Grogar's still alive though, he could easily be dead, or already imprisoned somewhere, or any number of things. For all we know the guy's reformed and retired to focus on his gardening hobby. If he's still around, wherever he is or whatever he's doing, he hasn't posed a threat to Equestria for a long time, so why would they go hunting him down?

It’s possible the pony comics will bring the real Grogar in their upcoming season 10 series :huh:

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

It’s possible the pony comics will bring the real Grogar in their upcoming season 10 series :huh:

IIRC he did have a small, easily-missed cameo in one of the Nightmare Knights issues, so he is out there~ ;)

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, PathHaunterCS said:

IIRC he did have a small, easily-missed cameo in one of the Nightmare Knights issues, so he is out there~ ;)

Then again that Grogar was closer to the G1 in look and the G4 one wasn’t officially shown by then :fluttershy:. That Grogar must be from another dimension anyway :dash:. The real one from the core FIM universe is likely to be explored in the S10 pony comics

Yeah, well really the only gripe I can honestly say I truly understand is no one being able to control discords power, if if they couldn't control it maybe just use it anyway to make the final a little more....explosive perhaps? But on the other hand in terms of power scaling we get a good idea of just how much of a MONSTER discord actually is in comparison to even the princesses vast magical powers, meaning the only honest way anyone could ever even dream of defeating Discord would be to rob him of his power, otherwise hes basically more of a demi god with his powers intact than anyone else in the show by far! Im talking about not to cross reference shows but still as I was saying im talking about a fully transformed ssj blue goku somehow appearing in Equestria and all itd take to defeat him is a simple *SNAP* and he gets poofed into a black hole, into the sun or losses his ability, thats the overwhelming world breaking power we are talking about here. So if you think of it in the way I just explained it does take something, somehow to get his immense power out of the way otherwise their just wouldnt be any challenge he could snap away...

Also as a side note im pretty sure calling Grogar a goat was meant to just be an insult more than anything else...

Anyway with that being said I guess i sorta answered my own question but its just how I see things.

• Brohoof 2

16 hours ago, Shady Mist said:

For being the final 2 part finale, I feel like it has the biggest number of problems.  

Chrysalis calling Grogar a goat when he's a ram 

when Discord say's "Your welcome." and everypony turns to look at him they forgot to remove a red arrow on one of the guards indicating to turn her head

Tirek took the magic from the Pillars they still had their cutie marks

Luna's voice coming from Celestia 

Chrysalis calling Tirek a minotaur when he's a centaur

Discord and Tirek mispronouncing cretin

when Cozy Glow say's "Their right there!" she is missing her horn 

and Hyper Sonic's voice.

It seems you took notes from bronies react.

In season 4, tirek stole discords magic, but couldn't use his magical abilities he just increased his row power.

Chryaslis was mocking grogar, or maybe she just made a mistake.

A lot others are animation errors, its not a big deal. Regarding lunas voice, was it really lunas voice or celestia's? I did not notice it.

The only point that kinda bothers me, is that when tirek sucked the pillars magic their cutie marks stayed. 

• Brohoof 2

17 hours ago, Shady Mist said:

Nitpicking!

2 hours ago, Rushing cash said:

In season 4, tirek stole discords magic, but couldn't use his magical abilities he just increased his row power.

I thought that at first but then I remembered him using Discords magic in "Twilight's Kingdom" when he had the Mane 6, Spike, and Discord appear in bubbles.

Tirek wasn't using his own magic because every time he did there was magic between his horns, but with the bubbles there was no magic and he kept snapping his fingers like Discord every time.

8 minutes ago, Shady Mist said:

I really doubt its discords magic, he also did not had the red glow when he hit the ground and all those boulders came up. 

On 10/27/2019 at 2:15 AM, Shady Mist said:

Tirek seems to know things better this time around as well. Maybe he learned that without Discord's magic, he might have actually won against Twilight in the Season 4 Finale. Again, we can assume many things, but we know he lost.

Not to mention growing big (which seems to be the first thing everyone does with Discord's magic). How many villains have been defeated because they grew big (including Pinkie at the end)? Maybe that's one of the uncontrollable magic treats of chaos magic? Seems like the bigger you are, the harder....... :oneheckofahat:

• Brohoof 3

5 hours ago, Lucky Bat said:

Many problems? Dude the finale was flawless. The show writers really outdid themselves. 

I was just pointing out nitpicks I have, but overall I absolutely love "The Ending of the End". 

• Brohoof 2

I have a review but now it is not within my reach. This ending consists of many scenes in many environments, which makes it very difficult to get used to a scene because it lasts no more than 2 or 3 minutes. As in `` Shadow Play '' this episode (these) suffer from too many characters! The scene of the Crystal Empire in the first part was unnecessary as well as that of Tirek sweeping the pillars. Twilight was able to teleport everyone in the last scene.

In the second part, it was a little far to go to the Crystal Empire, instead of going to a closer one. I think it only bothered me that Spike was included in the Mane Six and not Starlight. Spike I always found a character easy to forget and nothing nice.

Unpopular opinion.

I found it quite silly and unfair to turn The Mean 3 into stone.

Cozy Glow is a girl so it is easier to reform, but literally nobody bothered to give her a talk. Tirek is a centaur who does not want to disappoint his father, and somehow they were able to send him back to his kingdom. Chrysalis was prepared since childhood to be the leader of her hive and somehow feed her subjects, that she hates ponies is additional.