Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Xbox Series X Revealed: Next Gen Xbox Arriving Holiday 2020!

BoopMan

First off, the static in that trailer greatly annoyed me - at first I thought my headphones were broken. Second, I hope the new Xbox Series X design seen in the above trailer isn't the final version, because a giant box isn't ideal when it comes to the amount of space it takes up. Thirdly and lastly, Xbox having unique but inconsistent names can be confusing. I was hoping that the new Xbox would have a name that is consistent for once, and that it wouldn't have another X added to its name.

Criticism aside, I still think the new Xbox looks cool and has a cool name.

• Brohoof 2

I literally do not care about Xbox anymore. It looks horrible. They're just making the same mistakes by not using their first parties and putting all their games on PC. The ps5 will probably kick it's ass again. 

• Brohoof 3

The name is confusing. "Series" implies more than one model. Will there be different versions? And it sounds similar to "Xbox One X." People will get confused, like they did with WiiU. Still, I'm gonna throw money at it because video games.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Merry Brony 42 said:

The name is confusing. "Series" implies more than one model. Will there be different versions? And it sounds similar to "Xbox One X." People will get confused, like they did with WiiU. Still, I'm gonna throw money at it because video games.

There’s rumored to be a lower end model with the code name “Lockhart.” However, that is not something that has been confirmed by Microsoft. 

I see they're getting progressively less creative with their naming. No matter, it looks like a joke anyways. Xbox will never recapture what they did with the post RRoD 360, and they just keep proving it consistently. Even getting the One (that released in 2013...) beaten by a console that released in 2017. Sure it's the Switch, but nonetheless, that's utterly pathetic

Edited by Le Angel Dust

I think it looks okay, a little weird and boxy, but I'm pleasantly surprised that they brought back physical buttons on the console. I never liked those dumb touch sensors. And them not changing the controller is good, too. The Xbox One controller was the perfect controller in my mind (all generations of PlayStation controllers are garbage and you can't change my mind).

It's not like I'm going to buy one for a long time, anyway. As with my 360 I got soon before the One came out, and the One I'm probably going to get sometime in the next year, I doubt I'll get a Series X until the price goes way down and the console after that is about to be released.