Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Why you chose your user name.

Klopp

Same as my e-mail address. Also, kinda matches my avatar, though, I never actually came up with a name for that pony...

I thought it was that pony, well guess I was wrong.

Posted Image

(edited)

I thought it was that pony, well guess I was wrong.

Posted Image

Hm, well, I was kinda thinking that, but I wondered if calling my pony self "Duchess" made me too pretentious and power-seeking. Like when you're playing superheroes with your friends, and there's that one kid who wants -all- the powers, and makes it so he can never die. Or something like that.

Edited by Duchess_Clover

Mine's actualy based around a character I made up as a kid who was named "the amazing magic" and when I was coming up with my Youtube name theamazingmagic was already taken so I jokingly used thelongtimemagic and I guess that name stuck around no matter how bad it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Has to do with my YouTube alias "XraYZ" and that came from:

1. Part of real name

2. XYZ are the commonly-used names for the three axes in a 3-d Cartesian coordinate system. Too much math T_T

Oh my. I have had Yurusumaji as a username since high school. So, for about 7-8 years now.

Yurusumaji is Japanese for "unforgivable". It fits me perfectly. My lifestyle when I was young was completely unforgivable and now I always have a reminder in front of me of who I used to be.

I chose this username because my friends have been calling me Sorte for like 8 years now because it's my last name, and one of my friends at school called me Sorte once, and then suddenly they all started to call me that, and the number is there because it's my birth year.

(edited)

My usual username is Tinma. I usually used "basket," but it was taken so I tried tinman but accidentally left out the n. It's stuck with me ever since.

Edited by DarkHooves

(edited)

I chose baconboy56 for a few reasons. First off, I mean really, who doesn't like bacon? Second, I put boy just because it would be weird having your name just be "Bacon". Also, it also starts with "B" so it sounds good. I chose 56 just because it has been my favorite football jersey number out of all of my years of playing, I had it a few years back when I played on a rec team, but I haven't gotten it since. Theres my story :)

Edited by baconboy56

I wanted to be an anonymous brony, because it's still a secret for me.

I messed with it for a while and found Anony rhymes with Brony

Thats my story!

Say my username, It sounds funny ^_^

(when I say it, i say "a-known-y-Brony") :)

i got sky dreamer because:

1. i always watch the sky

2. people always tell me my head is in the clouds

3. in most of my dreams im flying in the sky

4. i like the sky

5. i like to dream

I chose the name Matackable as a play on my own name, which is Matthew. For a long time my user name on every forum or site used to be DolphinSpirit, and that was just a name I stuck with when I was younger in my teens. The name was pretty lame though and it didn't help me any when joining game servers, since all that would happen was I'd get openly mocked for having such a lame name.

One day I had enough of the garbage, so I went and changed my name to Matackable. Took me a total of probably 5 minutes to think of the name and I really don't think it sounds all that special. I'm pretty sure it's been thought of before.

When my name was Derpy H00ves, i changed my avatar to This current one.

Then some new pony on the forums came and messaged me "I really like your avatar!" (I really like your mane -.- fail)

And i asked if they knew who it was, so they said, "It's Miles Rarity Edgeworth of course!"

Thus...duh.

I mainly use Serenity as my username on things these days...it came to me when i was listening to a lovely piece of music...and i felt calm..at peace and Serene...

When Serenity came to me, I just fell in love with the name ♥