Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Why you chose your user name.

Klopp

I chose DayShadow as my user name because it was the name i gave my OC when i first entered the fandom back in early 2013. It started out as simply being a name for my pony and nothing more but over the years i have fully adopted it as my screen name for almost all the things i use on the internet. I have went by some pretty stupid names before on my steam and whatnot but DayShadow is the only name i feel genuinely satisfied with given that it is simple and neutral and i am happy to identify with it. 

"Bokeh" is a photography term to describe the amount of background blur in certain photos so bokehlicious means a delicious amount of creamy rich blur. Ever seen a portrait of an person with super blurred out backgrounds or bright lights that look so dreamy? That's the good stuff. 

I chose mine because ever since I was little I fell in love with the name 'Violet' and a lot of people call me by that name nowadays so it kinda stuck with me till now and its probably gonna be with me forever XD 

FRENCH FOR "HORSE"

I do not speak french, but my family is French-Canadian. 

It is the absolute most generic thing you can call yourself on a pony-themed forum, made fancy because France. 

• Brohoof 1

Clueless, is what I am.

Magnus was an awesome name given to leaders back in the old days. I'm not implying that I'm awesome or a leader, I just thought it was a cool name to pair with Clueless.

It's my OC's name, which was created this way:

"I need a name for this nice pone of mine that I have created. Pony names are usually two nouns and I need something that alludes to fire, because fire is nice."

*randomly fishing for words in the depths of my mind*

"Soul Flare"

"Good Enough"

Later on I discovered that's also the name of an ability of a character I never played in a game I do play.

I originally chose the name Twilight_Shimmer to use on EquestriaDaily on a whim, at first it had no relation to a Twilight and Sunset shipping, then one day after reading many Fanfics with a SunLight Shipping I decided what the heck, and made it reference a Twilight and Sunset shipping. I also use the name on Deribooru and FimFiction.net (as seen on my profile)

It's the name of my OC~

This name came from me musing something over in my head: I think it would be amusing to have a character with an intimidating-sounding name, but is actually harmless and very nice. And so, here we are. Blood Moon, the caretaker.

"Ena" is part of my real name, Rowena, and "Rocket Queen" is my favourite song (it's by Guns N' Roses)

I was also known on another board by "Cadance", my favourite pony, but people kept driving me mad spelling it "Cadence". So I thought it was time for a change..

• Brohoof 1

Normally I am known by Lulaypp (Lula). I am still not entirely sure where did that came from, but it might be a far fetched parody of the name Paul Layton (The New Seekers' bass guitarist). 

The Ash, I kinda took that bit from Ashton Irwin's name. He is the 5 Seconds of Summer's drummer.

I was also known on another board by "Cadance", my favourite pony, but people kept driving me mad spelling it "Cadence". So I thought it was time for a change..

Lmao this drives me crazy too xD it's probably just due to autocorrect but still

Lmao this drives me crazy too xD it's probably just due to autocorrect but still

Sometimes, but also people on purposely spell it "Cadence" because that's a real word, a term used in music. Also I think her name was Cadence in the credits of the first episode she was in

• Brohoof 1

I based my name off the font, Fixedsys, but I thought it was quite a handful to say, so I dropped off the first S to make it Fixedys. To be honest, it sounds much better now, which is why i'm still using it. :muffins: 

Surprisingly, my username was not inspired by MLP in any way. I came up with it before I ever watched the show. It was like six years ago, before I knew about Rainbow Dash and long before Starlight Glimmer appeared in the show. I love cute stuff, I love rainbows, and I like names with "star" in them. So I came up with Rainbow-Starlight. :3 I did come up with it not too long before I first watched MLP, so it was just a fun coincidence.

Also, I find it adorable that there's a blindbag pony with a cutie mark that's a star with rainbow light. xD