Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Why you chose your user name.

Klopp

I wanted something that sounded cute and delicious. Hence, CoconutCake!

Also, one of my favorite cakes from our supermarket is a coconut cake and I could devour the entire thing in 3 minutes flat. Yum.

When I was first choosing a username, back when I was in fourth or fifth grade, I was friends with someone who used the username epicscorpion, and cuttlefish were (and still are) my favorite animal. I have been using the same username ever since.

When I got into MLP and was creating a character, I had recently come off of an over-the-road truck driving job.  And, since I'm pretty heavily invested in my character, I made him a freight hauler and named him Longhaul.

in my teen years i thought my name sounded girly when translated to english(its Rose)so i used one i thought sounded cooler,now i'm kinda stuck with it since all my clients know me by it

Mine's just a weird play on my real name. My brother is sometimes referred to (by me) as "Biriken." It's just one of the things we do in my family that no one can really explain

• 1 month later...

Years ago. I think 19 years, because I got my first computer in 1999, (Dial up modem!) I needed a user name. I wanted Cutey Honey because I loved the New Cutey Honey OVA series by Go Nagai. The trouble is, so did lots of other people. It was suggesting things like Cuteyhoney289, and I was like "No, I don't want a stupid number!" So I decided to cram my own name right smack in the middle. I have used cuteycindyhoney as my user name in every forum I have joined since. Oh, along with the same picture of Kim Possible I scanned myself off of a box of Valentine's day cards, with my very first scanner! In some forums, users refer to me as CCH. I kinda like that!

30084286_366577537082288_313108875429543936_n.jpg

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

Well, I think it's pretty obvious.

When I came back into the fandom, I was already thinking of creating a new character, since I didn't really feel connected to my old pony character anymore. I stumbled across the little game pony town and created my pony character in there, but while doing so, I saw the option for a beak as well as claws. So my second character was the first version of my griffon character. And I actually prefer the way to write it as "Gryphon", so the short term was Gryph and - hooray - the name was still available! The character didn't have a name back then, so I stuck with Gryph.

Everywhere else pony related I'm either Gryph or MangoGryph, sometimes Gryphie Mango, since that's the actual name of my character. But I prefer Gryph, it's short, precise and you immediately know that I'm a birdlover.

I chose mine, not only because it's my OC... but because I thought it was really fitting. I'm always in Fangirl Mode, but lately it depends a lot on my mood. I usually go by "AdorbzFangirl", but I wanted something different here.

Edited by Fangirl Mode
  • Brohoof 1

My username sorta comes from one of my hobbies of collecting uranium glass, where the uranium oxide additive glows bright green under UV light. Plus, it sounds cool. lol