Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Why you chose your user name.

Klopp

• 2 weeks later...

I chose mine 'cause I love how Sho of TWEWY was pretty damn cool saying math riddles and said always "So Zetta Slow" 'cause the main characters didn't get the solution of them! (And also 'cause I love riddles)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I’ve been thinking of a lot of usernames but Elyrse sparked me because my childhood friend from kindergarten always called me Elyrse (Take out the r and it’s just my nickname. Because imma just be honest; Elirzabeth would be a lot to remember  :-P

I have changed my name about three times being on here. First was Memento Mori, based off of my MLP OC, then I did King Blanketfort because it's awesome and envelopes a lot of stuff I used to do growing up in the 90's, forts, Sat. morning cartoons and cereal, using your imagination, exploring, pronouncing yourself the "King" of things. But as time went on, I went back to an ol' internet handle of mine because it reflects who I am now. Earl Grey is my favourite tea, and when I began vaping to quit smoking my favourite vape liquid was "Grey Ghost" and it was flavoured like Earl Grey tea with a dash of sweet creme and zest of lemon. It is still my favourite liquid to this day. So I just merged the two. Earl Grey Ghost. And it has a nice ring to it. It also underlines my love for Victorian things, the UK, being proper, courteous, mindful, respectful and classy. Oh, and of course, my passion for the supernatural.

Edited by Earl Grey Ghost

My username has gone through some changes over the years. G1 was the name “ArcFighter300,” a name I got from Star Wars combined with a childishly random serial number. I think my old Armor Games account has that name.

latest?cb=20110822164413

At about that time, I read Ender’s Game, which had the personas Demosthenes and Locke. So, in true naïve 12-year-old fashion, I thought “if I use a Greek-looking username, everyone will agree with me!” That thought influences me to this day. Anyway, I took the word “pleistocene” (because why not) and turned it into “Pleistenes” as my first venture into Greek-looking usernames. That one still exists on the Minecraft forum.

Later on, I got bored with those usernames (and also, I realized I made a mistake when I admitted to bronyism on Anonops...), so, for a quick change of persona, I got really, really creative and made my one of my dad’s favorite clothing brands at the time my username: Arcteryx. That name stuck around on Clash for a year or so until I revised it to “Arkadios” so it was more Greek-looking, at which point I began to use it for all new accounts.

That’s what I saddled myself with back in 2016 and I’ve stuck with it ever since.

• 3 months later...

*BUMP*

'The Boy Queen' is simultaneously a reference to my non-binary identity and to Star VS the Forces of Evil. Aside from that it's still the same. It was derived from the name of my favorite Pokémon. :P

Edited by Dusky, the Boy Queen