Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Town That Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

@Courageous Thunder Dash

As he was held close by the griffon, Dynamo's jaw dropped in disbelief as to what he had heard. Seeing that the griffon was very understanding had caught the unicorn off guard. "I-I remember hearing something like that before. After everything that was said by you and the others, what you're saying now makes perfect sense." He would say as felt the griffon was rubbing his back. "Still, I-I'm really sorry for how I was acting. I never really had any friends growing up. There's a reason, but I'll explain after the tournament is over." He explained, not wanting to mention that Cosmic and the others were involved. Given how Thundy's reactions were to the trio, he didn't want to make his friend feel angry. "I'm also sorry about everything that had happened in the game world. I know it might sound random or odd to say, but I guess I was jealous. With all of your abilities in terms of games, you're pretty awesome. There are even some abilities that I hadn't even seen before like the power binding." He smiled as he recalled the different kinds of powers that the griffon had possessed. Even as he thought, a sudden frown had appeared to take the smiles place. "Even though I still say that your abilities are pretty awesome. There was one thing that I really wanted to ask. Do you remember when you saw me staring off into space earlier?" He asks, remembering the moment he had heard Thundy's voice of concern. "I know it might sound strange, but I was talking to some internal voice. I think it might be the same voice that I heard, while in the game. I know I received my answer, but I still felt it was important to ask you."

He took a deep breath as he prepared himself with his question. "Every time I saw you do extraordinary things in regards to games. I can't help, but think that maybe you were the one who was worthy to wield the Game Driver and the Gamer Code. Was what Frozen and Cosmic said were correct? Was I just a factory recall, while you were meant to be the real one? That I was just a...m-mistake?" He knew that he said he wouldn't mention Cosmic or the other's to Thundy. However, he still wanted to ask to see what the griffon had thought. "I mean, what makes me different from you when I was chosen by the game or code to have the belt and Gamer Code?"

@Dynamo Pad

The pieces were put together in Thundy’s head. He knew that there was something in Dynamo’s mind that guided him. “Dynamo…that voice you hear…listen to it. If it followed you out the game, it must have a purpose. Yes, I have my memories, and they speak to me. Now, you must let this voice guide you. See though, like I did in the game. Remember the first boss in the game? Elusive, how she used her speakers as a weapon? Remember how I created that field to spring that bout of harsh feedback? That’s what it id Dynamo. Seeing through when there seems to be no way out.” Thundy explained. 

• Brohoof 1

@Courageous Thunder Dash

As he listened to the griffon's explanation, Dynamo had wondered if what he said had made sense. "I know you said that your memories are what power the abilities you possess. I wonder if it's just the voice of that particular game, or if it's something more. I know it might be a bit of a stretch, but I wonder if that voice is really the game code talking to me." He knew it was a guess, but he still didn't want to assume. "I seem to recall. It was how we were able to destroy Elusive's vehicle and cause feedback that ruined the speakers. If what you said is true, then how? I mean, what makes us different to where the code and belt had deemed me worthy? If you ask me, then I can imagine you or anyone else could be more worthy. Especially since you're able to do things that even I don't know much about, or haven't seen before." He wasn't trying to put himself down. Even though he had talked to that internal voice, he still wondered what made him different from Thundy to receive the belt and code.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

"Maybe the spirit or being saw something in you that you don't see in yourself." Thundy simply replied. If you spend your time bringing yourself down, then you may miss the real truth, why the code chose you, like in some scenes of pokemon, how some of the pokemon chose their trainer, rather than the trainer choosing the pokemon." Thundy explained still holding Dynamo close. 

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine

From the forest beyond the town of Friendshire a ghostly white unicorn mare with grey mane containing green sparkles exits.  On her back are a pair of large saddlebags that are suited for large distances of traveling. Her expression remains unwavering as she slowly strides into town. Her manner of stride isn't quick and active like other ponies were, it was more methodic yet evenly fluid. On her mane is a single Magnolia flower that she found in the forest and wanted to preserve. It's earned its place on her mane after all.

Her emotionless grey eyes scan the layout of the town as she enters on in a street. She didn't expect there to be a town here but had no objections to her subconscious thoughts guiding her into the town itself. Her way of walking, as well as her expression was a stark contrast to the other ponies in town.

@Courageous Thunder Dash

As he listened to Thundy's response, Dynamo had let his words sink in. Given everything that had happened since he had encountered the voice, maybe this was what the spirit or being was trying to tell him. "I...I think you might be right and/or onto something there, Thundy. With how Cosmic and the others had tried to bring me down, I guess I always had missed the real truth. Just like when I missed the real truth when it came to our previous discussion. I guess I let those bullies get to me so much that I lost something within myself." He explained, nodding at the example about Pokemon. "You can say that again. It's always a special connection when it comes to a Pokemon choosing their trainer. Just like a special bond being formed, or something like that." He would say as he felt the griffon continuing to hold him close. "You know? I think I realized something. Maybe we are able to do some things that are similar, but we're still different. For example, I'm able to do certain characters from an anime video game like My Hero Academia, while you're able to do power binding in terms of cards. I guess there are some things I can do when it comes to the belt, while you're able to as much as your memory allows you. What do you think?" He asks, thinking that they weren't as similar in abilities as he thought they were. All the while, wrapping his arms around Thundy as he returned the embrace.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

"Yes, it's true. But everyday I make new memories and the possibilities keep growing. But I know someday Dynamo, you may not even need that belt anymore. You may just become like me, relying on all your memories to wield your abilities." Thundy said nuzzling Dynamo with his beak. 

• Brohoof 1

@Courageous Thunder Dash

"That's true when you put it that way. The same can be said for me when it comes to playing different games. The possibilities for different abilities keeps expanding to greater heights." He smiled, while wondering if he might not need the belt at some point. "I mean, it's a possibility, but I'm not entirely sure. I know that I didn't need the belt to do that spin dash during the Friendshire war. I know it sounds weird, but I guess I just needed to be faster to save that crying, lost child. After that, I somehow rushed over and saved the child from the cragadile. I don't know the exact reason as to how I did that, but maybe your theory might have some merit. I'm not sure if I might become like you in terms of using memories. However, I guess the only way we'll know is to continue heading down this path." He says, chuckling as the griffon has used his beak to nuzzle the gaming unicorn. "So, what do you say, my friend? Do you think we should start making our way back towards the others. I don't think it would be a good idea if we made them worry that we haven't made it back yet."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad @Samurai Equine 

"Sure thing bro. Let's head on back." Thundy said as he got up holding Dynamo close. He gathered some electricity. "Here we go. Close your eyes." He said as he charged a teleportation. He disappeared with a poof holding Dynamo. He then reappeared in the fighter's area still holding Dynamo. He then gently put him down on the ground and patted his head. 

• Brohoof 1

@Ragland Tiger @Samurai Equine @ExplosionMare @Courageous Thunder Dash @Kronos the Revenant @Starforce @PawelS

Dynamo smiled softly as he Thundy had called him his brother. While things had been off to a rocky start. Considering what had happened with his encounter with Cosmic and the others. Dynamo was truly happy and thankful to have amazing friends and loved ones he has met since coming to Friendshire. As the griffon stood back up, Dynamo felt himself being lifted up. Nodding, he closed his eyes as Thundy charged up his electricity. As he stayed close to his friend, the two had disappeared in a poof, before reappearing near the fighter's area. As he was gently placed down, Dynamo felt a tingle running up and down his spine. It seemed the teleportation due to electricity had caused some static. "I don't think I'll ever get used to travel by electricity, but it was worth it." He chuckled, shaking as he tried to get his mane to not stand on end. "Thanks for the help bro and thank you for the talk. I think I really needed to hear that from you, as well as the others." He would say, looking around for the others as he felt Thundy pat his head. "Speaking of the others, I hope that they're okay. I thought we were going to teleport to their location, but I guess they might be close. Especially since we arrived near the fighter's area."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad @Samurai Equine

"Well, we must stay alert, for either one of us could be fighting next. Prepare yourself Dynamo, it's time to get your head back into the game." Thundy said sort of sounding like Ike from the Fire Emblem series 

• Brohoof 1

@Ragland Tiger @Samurai Equine @ExplosionMare @Courageous Thunder Dash @Kronos the Revenant @Starforce @PawelS

Hearing that one of them might be fighting next had made Dynamo feel a bit uneasy. He still hadn't forgotten what had happened before with Cosmic and the crowd. Even though the two were standing outside the fighting arena, while waiting for the others to make it back. The gaming unicorn couldn't help himself into feeling nervousness getting to him. "Y-You can say that again, T-Thundy. I-I guess I'm not just nervous about who I might be facing, but also in regards to facing the crowd." He wasn't sure if the crowd knew that Cosmic and the others were lying, or if they believed their story and painted Dynamo in a new light. To be perfectly honest, he wanted to try and just leave the area. Just so he didn't have to face the crowd or their judging eyes and opinions. However, he stopped as he remembered what had been said to him earlier by his friends. 'Friends.' He thought as the word itself almost felt foreign to him. For so long he wished to have those that would accept him and be there for him no matter what. Now that he finally had those he could call friends, it was as if he could feel a bit of courage welling up in his heart. 

"I-I'm not going to lie to you, bro. I-I'm still scared of what might happen in regards to Cosmic, his team, the crowd and even the town. I know that I'm scared, but I still have to try and do my best. I now know that I'm not alone anymore. Even if the crowd may be against me, then I know that Bluebell, Sam, you and everyone else has my back. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't think I need a crowd to know that I've got those that have my back. Just the same way that I'll always have your back, as well as the others." He felt nervous, but he looked at Thundy as he flashed the griffon a somewhat shaky smile. Whatever happened next when he reenters the arena, he'd do his best with his friends by his side.

@Dynamo Pad @Samurai Equine @ExplosionMare @Starforce @Kronos the Revenant @PawelS @Ragland Tiger

"Don't worry. Chelsea can fix the crowd. Just focus on the fight my friend. Please don't let yourself fall into a pit again..." Thundy said looking at Dynamo with a concerned look on his face. He hoped that Dynamo could really push through. 

• Brohoof 1

@Courageous Thunder Dash

Samurai is just walking with the group, when he notices Thundy quickly disappearing with Dynamo, leaving him and everoyne else behind. "OI! Don't just do whatever you want like that! We're still here!!" Samurai begins to run, leaving FInal, Sparkly, Pencil, Chlesea, and the rest behind. "Wait for us!! I haven't even found out what Kyubiki Tenchu is!! THUNDY!!!" Samurai calls out, though he won't be heard. Seems despite all his attempts to help others, today is just not Samurai's day...

@Starforce

On this day, the mystery pony will find most are preoccupied with something. Hardly any of the citizens are out and about. And while there is many directions to go, the main roads will lead to the town square. At this town square is a large building, where a tournament is being advertised. There is also road maps marking out the majority of the town and it's sights. An aquarium, a nature preserve, library, the town's local government building, an arcade, lots of different housing districts, stores of all kinds, etc. This is where the mystery pony can either buy a ticket for the main event today, or choose to explore a different part of the town.

@Courageous Thunder Dash, @Dynamo Pad, @PawelS, @Starforce, @Kronos the Revenant, @Ragland Tiger, @ExplosionMare

[Short Time Skip!]

It isn't long before the preliminaries are over. Which means, the finals are about to begin!

The area where the finals are happening is much different than where the preliminaries were being held.

First, the arena is MUCH bigger! It isn't locked behind a cage, and it's all happening out doors like a traditional fighting tournament. So no roof over anyone's head.
Second, the spectators who were watching on monitors before can now move to these stands that wrap around the parameter of the arena. Anyone who paid a ticket to the event can finally watch it up-close and personal.
Third, there is a backstage area just for the fighters. It has a room where fighters can rest and relax, a room for snacking and such, a medical room, and a room where fighters can get in some last-minute training or preparing. This backstage area is where they will stay until it's their turn to fight.
Fourth, there seems to be a special booth somewhere between the ring and the spectators, and it has room for three. Someone is all ready sitting there, and it's Elusive Facts the news mare.
Finally, in every corner outside the arena, hugging the walls that keep the spectators back, a few members of tournament staff.

Final takes his seat next to Chelsea, Bluebell, Tree, Nopony, Sparkly (?), and Pencil. "I can't wait! I almost wish I had signed up as a fighter, but if I did that now, I'd just be creating a temporal paradox. So, too late now." Final explains. Meanwhile, a hooded stranger sits by himself. Not too far from the group of friends, but not too close either. He is wearing a hooded cloak, and yet to Chelsea, Sparkly, and Final; this spectator has an air of familiarity~.

With a cheer of the crowd, a sharply-dressed pony steps into the center of the arena, and speaks into a microphone. "Welcome one and all to the finals of the first ever FRIENDSHIRE GRAND FIGHTING TOURNAMENT! Sorry to keep you all waiting everypony, but the attraction you all came here for is moments away from beginning. My name is Straightaway Fairplay. Unlike the preliminaries, this time there will be THREE judges. I will be the first, the second is the lovely Ms. Elusive Facts, and the third is a mystery guest that will be joining us soon. But first, allow me to reiterate the rules of this tournament. THE RULES are as follows... 1) No fighting outside the arenas. Wait your turn to fight in the ring; any other non-sanctioned fights will be grounds for disqualification 2) No killing, amputating, maiming, dismembering, or any form of overly egregious bodily harm. This is a civilized fighting event, and failure to comply with this rule could be punishable beyond simple disqualification. 3) Only mele weapons are allowed. Even with this exception, we are trying to honor the spirit of traditional hoof-to-hoof combat. 4) No outside interference! If you are caught siphoning magic from spectators, sneaking in other fighters into the ring, forcing spectators into the ring, or bringing in anyone that was not approved before hand; you will be disqualified. 5) You are only allowed to fight you assigned opponent during a match. Endangering spectators, staff, or fighters on standby will result in immediate disqualification. And finally, 6) Don't destroy tournament property. Minimal damage to the arena is expected, but not at the cost of fair play, and complete arena destruction is forbidden. Likewise, do no make any attempt to destroy the spectator stands nor the tournament building itself."

Straightway catches his breath. "In a moment, we'll go over the match ups. For now, I want to direct the attention of the fighters and you the audience to the four inner corners. Here at this tournament, we have staff members of all kind. Pegasi, earth ponies, and unicorns. All of which are strong and capable of breaking things up and enforcing tournament rules, if necessary. Backstage, we have the best medical staff this town can provide. We are trying to prevent any server medical mishaps, but if it becomes necessary, we are ready and willing to provide aid for any of your medical needs. And now, fillies and gentlecolts, I want you all to give a roaring welcome to our third judge as he gives us a speech to help us properly start this event off!" Straightaway makes room from the third judge, who is about to appear.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

While Straightaway talks about the rules, it seems that there are 16 fighters gathered backstage, mostly gathered close to door that leads to the arena. Half of them know each other, but the other half don't. There's Samurai, Thundy, Dynamo, Kronos, Cosmic, Cheap, Frozen, Sledge Hoof, a reformed changeling, a pegasus, a yak, a diamond dog, a goat, a zebra, a giant spider of some kind, and some kind of andromorphic duck with water as some of its anatomy. While they wait, Sledge Hoof steps up to Dynamo.

"Excuse me, Mr. Dynamo sir? Name's Sledge Hoof. I sures am glad your victory was enough ta brings youze here. Anyways, I knows youze dunno me, but I'm one of those fighters in this here tournament. I'm also the head of the Friendshire construction team. And, well... I just wants ta say, on behalf of Friendshire and alls the fighters what witnessed that big hoopla earlier, we alls just wanna say... Sorry for doubtin' ya." The construction pony gives a bow. "We's was wrong ta be doubtin' ya like that. We should'a know better. There was a LOTTA fighters that was regrettin' them lies and everythin' that Wrath was feedin' us oilier. You protected this town when we needed ya'. We won't evah doubts youze again, see? And good luck out there." Sledge Hoof offers a hoof shake. Samurai smiles a little for Dynamo, glad everything is working out for him so far.

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine @Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare @Starforce @PawelS @Ragland Tiger

Thundy was right there, waiting with Dynamo. He heard one of the fighters chatting with Dynamo, saying his apologies. Thundy let out a sigh of relief. "Boy am I glad that things are resolved. Would ya look at that Dynamo, looks like you got even more support." Thundy said with a smile. 

Meanwhile Chelsea had sat down in the spectators area, eagerly waiting for the fights to be announced. 

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine  @Courageous Thunder Dash

The mare noticed the rather large building right off the bat and proceeded further into town. Noticing the lack of much activity being held around the town she found herself confused by that until she read the advertisements for the tournament. She has heard of these types of events before but found herself perplexed by the concept. Why would ponies willingly fight each other? It didn't make any sense in her mind. Proceeding to buy a ticket she would keep that on handy for later. She wasn't that interested in the idea of a tournament in the first place, being the type to stay way from fights and large crowds of ponies in general. Morbid curiosity would drive her interest, however.

With the ticket tucked into her saddlebag she would proceed onward to the tournament. She assumed this was some sort of event that would only be held every so often. The other parts of the town would always be there in the future while this likely wouldn't be. Upon finding out where the stands were she would proceed up to them. As she walks, her fluid motion of walking would likely seem eerie to others. Her expression was the same. Neutral. No radiation of any positive, nor any negative auras for those that could sense them. 

Chelsea might find this mare interesting, considering she had just walked by her and sat up in the last row of the stands way in the back where there weren't as many ponies. Sitting down, she sits there almost like a statue. No emotion.

Edited by Starforce
  • Brohoof 2

@Starforce

Chelsea turned around and saw a mare who seemed to be sitting away from the group. "Hm? I wonder where she came from..." Chelsea said softly to herself. She got up, still in her anthro form and slowly made her way towards the mare. 

• Brohoof 1

@Courageous Thunder Dash

The mare was sitting there stoically. Of note, the mare had the build of an Earth pony despite being a unicorn. A brilliant green spiral on her cutie mark to contrast her ghost white coat. In her grey mane were green specs that softly sparkled. Some glowing with intensity that slowly shifted in brightness, to others that softly glistened in the sunlight. On her back were two fairly large saddlebags, with one of them having a shovel sticking out of it. It was too big to entirely fit within.

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce

”Hm? I wonder why she has that shovel in her bag…?” Chelsea thought to herself out loud as she slowly made her way to the mare, and sat next to her. “Hi. I’m Chelsea. Who may you be?” Chelsea asked. 

• Brohoof 1

@Courageous Thunder Dash

Opia turns to Chelsea, the way she moves was relatively fluid and not a sudden movement like for other ponies. her grey eyes maintain the same expression constantly as well as her face. While she didn't see anyone like Chelsea before, she didn't really seem to react. "Opia." she replied emotionlessly.

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce

"You don't seem that all enthusiastic Opia...is everything okay?" Chelsea asked with a look of concern on her face. It reminded her of another pony someone told her about who maintained this deadpan and stoic expression on her face. 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce

"This is a little awkward..."  Chelsea thought to herself. "Sooo...what brought you here to Friendshire? Exploring? Do you have a friend here you wanna visit? I'm here with my friend Thundy, who's in the fighting tournament along with his other friend Dynamo Pad." Chelsea said. 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce

Chelsea thought and thought. There had to be some way to get through to Opia. She seemed like an interesting pony, but because she was a pony of few words, Chelsea would feel like if she's bugging Opia if she asked her a lot of questions. "Where are you from?" Chelsea asked. 

• Brohoof 1