Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Town That Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

@Courageous Thunder Dash

Opia looked over to the left as if pondering if she really wanted to tell Chelsea or not. "Hollow Shades." she replies, her manner of speaking not seeming to let up at the moment. Opia's true emotions were unreadable, however to Opia one thing stuck out. What was Chelsea doing here, in asking her these questions? She didn't really get that but no words were spoken of it. 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce

"Hollow Shades...that sounds like an interesting place...the name sounds a little scary...I'm originally from the griffon kingdom. It's a long and...*sniffle*...hard story." Chelsea said swallowing. Her pony ears perked out from her mane. 

• Brohoof 1

@Courageous Thunder Dash

Opia just sat there stoically and didn't really seem to register what Chelsea was talking about. She found herself not too interested in that either and even seemed to inch away slightly. Other people's stories she quite frankly didn't understand. She looked away from Chelsea, looking out over the area of the tournament. In response to Chelsea's statement she got silence. 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce @Samurai Equine

"I guess I'll just let you be for now then...hope we can talk later..." Chelsea said as she went back to where she was sitting. She eagerly waited for the tournament to start and hoped that Thundy would pull off the win. 

• Brohoof 1

@Courageous Thunder Dash

"I hope so, Thundy. I'm just not sure if Chelsea is allowed in the building because she's not a fighter. I remember when the staff wouldn't let Bluebell enter to meet up with me." He explained, unaware that Chelsea was a part of the medical staff, so she could help the fighters. As he heard the griffon's last comment, Dynamo turned towards the griffon. His expression stayed neutral, but softened as he saw his friend's concern being present. Smiling, he walked over as he hugged the griffon in a tight embrace. "Thanks bro and I promise to do my best. I'm still scared and I know I'll still worry about things from time to time. However, talking to you all helped me to realize that you're all not going anywhere. So, I really appreciate to know that you are all true and amazing friends. It really means a lot to me. More than you guys will ever know." He gave an honest and small smile to let Thundy know that he meant the truth.

[Short Time Skip!]

@Ragland Tiger @Samurai Equine @ExplosionMare @Courageous Thunder Dash @Kronos the Revenant @Starforce @PawelS

As the preliminaries had come to an end, it was now time for the finals to get underway. While the spectator's were directed towards the new arena, Dynamo and the others were moved into the backstage area. One where the fighters would be kept waiting for their fights to begin. There also seemed to be others rooms, such as a snack room, a medical room and a training room for last minute practice. Looking around, Dynamo had noticed that out of all the fighters that had entered, only 16 were left standing. There was him, Sam, Thundy, Kronos, and a bunch of others creatures who made interesting performances in their fights. Unfortunately, Cosmic, Cheap and Frozen were a part of the remaining fighters. However, the gaming unicorn couldn't feel surprised. Given that the three were strong in their own rights. Something still felt off about them as Cosmic and his team seemed stronger than ever before. Dynamo couldn't exactly put his hoof on it, but he couldn't come up with an explanation. As the host began to explain the rules, Dynamo had listened intently so as to not break any rules. 'The second rules is going to be difficult in regards to some of my forms. I wouldn't want to be disqualified, but I still want to test out some forms. I guess I could always see who I'm fighting and plan accordingly.' He thought, Cosmic and his team rolling their eyes at the rules being given. The waiting area had a doorway that lead right to the tournament ring. So, it wasn't difficult to listen to Straightaway's voice.

"Bah! These tournaments and their rules. Why can't we just go all out and do whatever we want? Takes away from showing what we're made of. What a buzzkill." Cheap groaned in disgust, Frozen shaking his head at his teammates complaints. "It's because they wouldn't want any accidents to happen. We can still go all out, but don't go overboard. You always are the one to be a showboat." Frozen had a neutral expression, but a ghostly smirk could almost be seen if one stare at the pegasus. Cheap's face was becoming redder by the second and was about to retort, but Cosmic stopped him. "It doesn't matter what the rules are or how we have to fight. We're still going to win, no matter who or what stands in our way." He says, the conversation between the three was in a hushed whisper. As the group of fighters continued to wait for parings to be drawn. Dynamo's ears perked as he heard his name being called. Craning his neck, he turned to see that it was the construction pony, who's name was Sledge Hoof. He was a little weary of the others as he remembered stepping back into the building to complete preliminaries. While nobody had really said anything, the awkwardness in the air was very present.

As he listened to Sledge's words, Dynamo was surprised as the construction pony had apologized and even bowed before the unicorn. 'They were wrong for doubting me? How?' He thought, wondering if Cosmic and the others had spoke the actual truth, or if someone had exposed them. He wasn't there, so he couldn't understand the reason. Even so, he stood there as if frozen like a statue. Unsure of what to say or what to do. Now, some could simply reject the apology and say that they aren't being sincere. That, or others could say that they forgive, but they won't forget. Along with saying that an apology isn't good enough and that there should be more. However, Dynamo wasn't either of those options. "Mr. Sledge? Please, raise your head." He says, before continuing. "You don't have to apologize, sir I really do appreciate it, but it's okay. I know one could argue that one shouldn't assume something when being told of information regarding that particular someone. However, I should have tried to speak up and clear my name. The only problem is that I was afraid that nobody would believe me. Given my history of Wrath, or Cosmic, I've had moments that any explanation would fall on deaf ears." He closed his eyes and sighed, some past memories resurfacing. Shaking his head, he opened his eyes as he knew his past wouldn't define his present or future like it did before. "I know that it'll take some time for everything to get back to normal, but I know that everything will be okay. So, on behalf of Friendshire and all the fighters, I accept your apology." He smiled softly, reaching a front hoof out to accept the hoof shake.

"Don't do it." Cosmic called out to the scene before him. "Don't listen to that. Are you serious? You accept that hoof, then you're a fool. You're so desperate for friends and attention that you've become so gullible, Kyubiki. They already betrayed you all once. Who's to say that they won't do it again? They'll just run you out of town again and then there'll be no going back." Frozen continued to stare as if he was calculating something. Cheap, meanwhile, had a look that dared him to test their claims. Dynamo stopped momentarily as he listened to them speak. He almost wanted to back away as he didn't want to be in the same room as the three bullies. However, he remembered that Samurai, Thundy and Kronos were there with them. Even though they weren't in the room, he knew that Bluebell and the others were with him, as well. Ignoring the three, he accepted Sledge's hoof shake and nods. "Thank you and good luck to you out there too. If we are to fight each other, then I won't hold back." He says, glancing over to the male griffon, before flashing a smile and nodding. Cosmic shook his head in disgust, moving back over towards his team. "You'll regret that decision one day, loser." He would say under his breath.

@Dynamo Pad @Samurai Equine

"You're very welcome Dynamo." Thundy said patting Dynamo's head again. He listened to the rules carefully. "Gah, it's the third rule for me...nowadays, a lot of fighters have different styles instead of the old traditional way. It's kinda the same with the second rule, as now I gotta be aware of how strong I hit." Thundy stated. 

• Brohoof 1

@Courageous Thunder Dash, @Dynamo Pad, @PawelS, @Starforce, @Kronos the Revenant, @Ragland Tiger, @ExplosionMare

"Sooners than youze think, Mr. Dynamo. We towns folk might nah know what youze did in the past, but we knows what youze did for us all in the presents. After wuz-his-name admitted to lyin' about youze and everything, we knews it was better not to trust hims no more." Sledge Hoof shakes Dynamo's hoof. But comments from Cosmic and the rest make him turn in anger, holding up his giant wrench. "HEY! Ain't nobody talkin' to outsidahs like you, jerk face! If there weren't some rules in place right now, why I'd..." Sledge Hoof begin, giving an angry groan and cleary wanting to bash their heads in a little. "Oi! Save the trash talk, everypony. Someone's about to give a speech!" Samurai says, redirecting attention.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

It takes a minute or so, but after being called up to give a speech, someone takes the arena. A very important someone!
The crowd cheers as the pony who walks up onto the arena is none other than... Mayor White Addenbrooks!

With a hearty smile, he waves and thanks the crowd for their cheering. He lets it go on for just enough before motioning the crowd to quiet down. Then, he takes a microphone and begins to speak. "It sure is a joy to be able to walk among you all with renewed health. Many of you don't know this... I kept it a secret from you because I didn't want the town to see me and freak out over it... But for a long time, I was bed ridden with failing health that left me nearly dead. I am glad to say that with new arrivals in our town, I've been healed to a much better state, as you can clearly see. ... But I look at you all and I see confusion, wonder. Fighting isn't necessarily in our nature. Princess Twilight Sparkle and the many princesses before her have championed an era of friendship and understanding. I am sure to many of you, this tournament seems backwards, senseless, against what the princesses had in mind completely!! ...And to those who live here, it seems too soon. We're still licking our wounds in a way, am I right?" Mayor White asks.

He takes a moment to pull out a hanky and pat his forehead. "For those new to town and don't know what I'm talking about... Two days ago, this town fell under siege to a war. We were invaded by evil forces. Lives were put in the balance, innocent citizens were harmed, and many parts of the city were destroyed. And me, helpless in my medical bed, nearly died from a broken heart for this town that I love so much." Mayor White gives a pause for any gasps or sounds of woe. "Yes, I know. It was devastating. We almost lost that battle. But more over, it hurt our pride. It showed that we were not as ready to protect ourselves as we thought. If it weren't for some very passionate new comers to this town, well I dread the thought of what could have happened. Because of that, when the idea was suggested to me, I knew a fighting tournament was the right move for our town. I looked at the preliminaries earlier, and you know what I saw? ... I saw citizens that were filled with pride. Citizens that wanted to step up and PROVE the Friendshire is not helpless, defenseless, nor abandoned. We're still here. We still have citizens willing to defend this place, and we still have room for anyone that wants a peaceful place to live. I cannot speak to the motives of every fighter that signed up for this, but I see in hearts of many that this isn't just a fight to show off. There is no prize money to be won. No trophy, no plaque, no long-term glory. There is only one thing that can be achieved in this respectable, civilized fight... A message: That this town, Friendshire, will never be discarded or left helpless ever again! We will press on, we'll take our pride back, and just as I dreamed when I helped build this town, we will prove that friendship CAN and WILL exist here!" The mayor finishes and holds up his hooves.

As the crowd cheers loudly for their precious mayor, he slowly walks to the booth, taking his place as the third judge. The hooded stranger in the crowd of spectators just huffs. If anyone were to get a good look at his face, they'd see it's actually Mayor Black Ziggurate. "Heh. Listen to him, talking about watching and observing the motives of the fighters, as if I wasn't also doing that. At least I was willing to get in the ring with them... Can't say I hate this show he's decided to put on." Black says to himself, with a smirk and a nod at the end.

Straightaway steps up onto the arena again, but this time he is joined by staff members bringing out a chart. "And now, we will explain how the finals will go down. Fillies and gentlecolts, please take a look at the chart. For the first round of matches, we have... Pato VS. Kronos; Tarsal VS. Greed; Calhoun VS. Wrath; Lightning Dust VS. Dynamo Pad; Bingo VS. Thundy; Sledge Hoof VS. Brain; Samurai Equine VS. Alhimar; and finally Fold VS. Henry!"

Lon7DMQ.png

"So to all the fighters; good luck and let's have a fair fight." Straightaway leave the arena and takes his place with the other two judges.

"Will Kronos and Pato please take to the arena?" Elusive Facts announces.

Inside the backstage area, Samurai turns to Kronos. "Looks like you're up first, my friend. Ganbatte."

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine @Dynamo Pad @Kronos the Revenant

"You tell'em Sledge!" Thundy cheered. He glared at Cosmic who was in his view. Thundy looked at the brackets. "Hmm...I wonder who this Bingo is..." He thought out loud. He then sat down and thought of his strategy. "Maybe I'll save the power bind for the finals, but I've got all my Tae Kwon Do skills with me..." He thought. 

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine @Courageous Thunder Dash

Opia stayed put as she listened to the oncoming message from Mayor White down below in the arena. To her, she wasn't sure if she believed the story or not but the way he paused at the start of his speech to allow others to react to it audibly was sure that he was likely lying about his condition for public fame or sympathy. As for the rest of it, she knew that a tournament didn't make the most sense. If they wanted to have pride in the town they could have all stood up collectively and made an improvement within the town itself. Then again, this was something she felt unlikely to get involved in. 

It felt good to merely just be an observer to this event. She could see how everyone else was getting so wrapped up in it. On the roster she had seen Thundy's name there. While she had no inkling as to who Thundy was, she had heard that strange griffon talk about him. Opia quite honestly didn't want to be bothered by the personal lives of others. She felt that Chelsea had intruded upon her presence here as well. Reminded of where Chelsea was in relation to her, Opia would right herself up and walk away to the other side of the stadium completely. If Chelsea was particularly observant she'd notice how Opia changed positions. No doubt she didn't want further interaction with Chelsea. While it was a long walk, she was glad there was open seats and sat down, buried within the crowd of ponies.

Hopefully from this area, she wouldn't have been bothered by anyone. She wasn't going to root for anyone here either. It wasn't in her right to root for anyone in an event she had no familiarity in. She felt a bit interested to see how it would unfold and what would happen. 

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine

”Heh,” Kronos huffed, “Nice, Imma start these finals off with a bang.”

He then heard Samurai greet him good luck. “Thanks, friend,” he replied, “And to you as well.”

As he stepped into the ring, he hypes the crowd up by lifting his arms up as if egging the crowd to keep cheering. He then gives out a hype cry, “LET’S FREAKING GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!” When Kronos sees his opponent, he begins sizing them up.

• Brohoof 3

@Samurai Equine

Shadow too found this strange but it could be Mirabelle checked if Keen Fan is still trustworthy; it doesn't matter now Mira accept Keen.

Keen, on the hoof seemed to take the situation well, simply hugging back the mare, forgetting the same pony slapped her a few minutes ago. Her tolerance was great like a tsunami receding from a beach in a span of only seconds.

• Brohoof 3

@Kronos the Revenant

Following behind Kronos is...! A duck. This duck had two streaks on his head, but instead of a streak of color, they are streaks of flowing water. Likewise there are bands of flowing water along his upper legs, in the middle of his wings, and the tip of his tail. Once in the ring, he waddles to a good spot and looks up at Kronos. "...Quack." He quacks nonchalantly before lifting a wing to peen off some inner feathers.

"I say, what kind of duck is he?" Mayor White asks. "Pato is a Torrent Duck. Part duck, part water spirit. He's a super natural creature, like fruit bats or timber wolves." Straightaway says. "Let's hope Kronos doesn't get confused. This is one of Pato's signature opening moves... Acting coy." Elusive adds.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Windy Breeze

Well at least this didn't end badly. Picking himself up, Trilby dusts himself off and fixes his hat. He stand next to Shadow and whispers. "I think we did it! Mission complete, so far." Trilby says with a smile, holding his hoof up victoriously.

Trilby waits for Keen and Mirabelle to stop hugging. "So... Now what happens? Do the both of you want some space to figure things out? Can we come in? Is Keen going to stay here from now on?" Trilby asks.

• Brohoof 1

Shadow grinned “We sure did”

10 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

Trilby waits for Keen and Mirabelle to stop hugging. "So... Now what happens? Do the both of you want some space to figure things out? Can we come in? Is Keen going to stay here from now on?" Trilby asks.

“Unfortunately for you two, I still don't trust any of you to come into my room and start taking my stuff and putting them in a large brown sack” however, seeing Shadow's cringe, she smirked “That was just a joke. Come in, I have made soup today"

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine

Kronos looks at his opponent, absolutely dumbfounded and really caught off guard. 

A duck? he thought to himself, Seriously?

Without hesitation, he wasnt sure whether he was trying to taunt his opponent or act coy in response, but he went, “Shuba shuba shuba shuba shuba shuba shuba.”

What the hell are you doing? Kaiser asked.

I think he’s trying to communicate with this creature. Gabriel replied. 

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine @Courageous Thunder Dash @Dynamo Pad @PawelS @Starforce @Kronos the Revenant

Pencil and Sparkly continued a lengthy conversation until the crowd’s chatter turned into murmurs. Pencil was able to get a moment to look up and notice just how huge the arena was. Her mouth hung open slightly in shock. Sparkly silently giggled at the sight. As everyone began to settle in, the screech of the speakers rung out as it came time for an announcement.

The rules were gone over once again. Sparkly tuned them out, uninterested since she wasn’t even fighting. Pencil listened just because there wasn’t anything else to do. Once that was over, the mares were about to start a conversation again. Before they were able to, however, a white pony made his way to the center stage. The mares squinted and soon realized that it was none other than Mayor White!

Mayor White gave a heartfelt speech about how the tournament was meant to promote civilization, not violence. Sparkly disagreed with the notion, but was glad somepony here was at least trying to encourage the fighters not to focus too much on winning or power. Pencil was heartwarmed by the speech and she felt very inspired. She hoped the message would translate well to the fighters as it did for her.

Not too far from where everyone was sitting, a mysterious cloaked figure sat down. Pencil didn’t even notice the figure, but Sparkly did. She gave him a quizzical look and whispered,

“I believe I recognize you. Do you care to reveal yourself?”

@Kronos the Revenant

The moment Kronos tries to talk to Pato, he turns and gives him an angry glare. "QUACK!!!" Give a deep, hollow quack that sounds like it came from the bottom of a barrel; Pato begins to rapidly flap his wings up and down. His wing tips turn into water, expanding until they current two giant, swirling water tornadoes! And when he flaps his wings in Kronos' direction, the double storms of water come rushing his way!

"And this is Pato's signature attack, the Torrential Downpour! This attack has washed away MANY strong opponents with currents too big to control." Elusive commentates. "I just hope our magic staff can keep the onlookers safe." Mayor White says.  "Oh, they most definitely can." Straightaway adds.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Windy Breeze

Trilby gulps. Even jokes sound real at this point. "Hehehe~ Right. Thank you for your hospitality." Trilby properly thanks her and follows her lead. "It's been a while since I had soup. I'll be sure to return the kindness some day."

• Brohoof 2

@Ragland Tiger @Samurai Equine @ExplosionMare @Courageous Thunder Dash @Kronos the Revenant @Starforce @PawelS

Upon learning from Sledge of what Cosmic and the others had done, Dynamo had realized that his guess wasn't too far off. Why Cosmic and his team had done what they did? The gaming unicorn honestly couldn't say. However, he still appreciated what the construction pony had told him. "Thank you for letting me know about everything, Mr. Sledge. I remember telling this to one of my friend's before. The truth was that I didn't really do anything that would be considered bad in the past. It's more along the lines of Cosmic and the others starting their mischief. If I can, I'd gladly explain everything when the tournament is over." He says, nodding as the construction pony had made a valid point. He was thankful that Sledge and the others weren't planning on trusting Cosmic and his team. Speaking of Cosmic and the others, the neon green unicorn had shook his head with a grin. Watching as Dynamo had given his explanation. "Tattletale." He spoke as he coughed into one of his front right hooves. "Whew. Excuse me I had a tickle in my throat." As Sledge responded by holding up his giant wrench, Cheap had grinned with glee. "Oh, nice comeback there, hard hat! Are you acting like a monkey? Goes to show the whole monkey wrench that you're carrying." He chuckled, egging the construction pony on by making monkey noises. All the while, scratching under his armpit to make the imitation a little more noticeable.

However, the argument was short lived as it was broken up by Samurai, who had notified everyone that there was a speech that was about to be delivered. "Ugh...can we just get on with it? That stuff just puts me to sleep." Cheap rolled his eyes, Frozen jabbing Cheap's arm with his elbow. "Oh, just suck it up and deal with it. With your luck, then you'd just miss the match and be disqualified. The fights will come soon enough, so you won't be bored. It'll be logical for you to go all out in due time. Just have patience for once in your life." He responded, readjusting his glasses in annoyance of his two teammates antics. As the crowd gave their cheers, Dynamo and the others had seen that it was Mayor White, who was to give the speech. As the speech was made, Dynamo had heard that Mayor White was healed to a much better state. Now that he noticed, Dynamo had recalled Mayor White looking so healthy in the gaming world. Just as they had exited, it seemed as if the mayor had seen better days. Was he healed by someone in the town? There wasn't time to ponder as he had heard the mention of licking their wounds. The blue unicorn knew all too well of what had happened a few days prior. Just as the mayor had brought up the war for Friendshire. He was stunned that the Mayor had nearly suffered a terrible fate, but was thankful that he was okay and was able to pull through. Given by how dangerous everything was around town, Mayor White had brought up a painful, but valid point.

If it weren't for the Laronde Box and his warning to the others, then who knows what might have happened. The same could be said for Final's interference in helping him save Samurai. With the mention of motives, Dynamo wondered what his motive for entering the tournament was about. At first, he wanted to test himself and learn to improve his abilities of the belt. It also sounded like fun, but was that all there was. With everything that had happened during the preliminaries, the gaming unicorn had learned a lot of things. One of them was that Cosmic and the others hadn't changed a bit. The other was that he had true friends and loved ones that wouldn't give up on him. With everything that he had heard from the speech, Dynamo knew what he wanted. His motive was to improve himself so that he wouldn't lose anyone. To have fun and enjoy the good time with the friends and loved one's he has made. Along with becoming stronger in order to protect those that he cared about. If he could do that, then he knew he would be able to go far. Just like how he would improve himself when it came to gaming competitions. Not for the glory, not for a trophy, but to show that he could still improve through victory and defeat. Cosmic and his team, on the other hoof, found the speech to be a waste of time. Even the message for this tournament was nothing, but a joke to the neon green unicorn. 'Friendship can and will exist in this town? How preposterous and a foolish dream. They'll never get back their pride if they aren't strong enough to fight. We'll tear this town to the ground and show these fools the truth. They'll regret having us come to this town.' He smirked as the speech came to an end.

Once the cheering had ceased, Straightaway had stepped up onto the arena once more. This time, however, a chart was brought by the staff for all to see. As the chart was randomized, each name had stopped on their respective spot on the board. Looking at who would fight who, Dynamo had saw his name appear on the fourth match. He had looked around the room as he tried to locate his opponent. "Lightning Dust, huh? Why does that name sound so familiar?" Looking back at the list, he had noticed that Cheap would fight next, while Frozen was further away in the bracket. Dynamo felt shocked, but it wasn't because of Frozen and Cheap. Both contestants were each paired early or later in the tournament, but far enough away from Dynamo to where they might not fight. What truly surprised Dynamo was that Cosmic was third to fight. If they both won their respective fights, then they would be fighting each other. 'I didn't think we'd be fighting so soon. At the very least, I thought he'd be way later in the bracket.' He thought, feeling deja vu as he felt he had read something similar in a manga. Cosmic, meanwhile, had seen who he was fighting. "So, I'm fighting someone named Calhoun, huh? Well, whoever it is, then they won't be much of a threat to me." He looked around the room, before his eyes fell to Dynamo. Noticing the unicorn's worried expression, he turned to the board to see where everyone else was. Realizing the circumstances, the neon green unicorn grinned with glee. 'This truly must be fate. Now I can take back what is mine and finally put Kyubiki in his place. Now I have all the more reason to win this.'

Cheap had noticed he was fighting someone named Tarsel. He didn't know who that was and yet he honestly didn't care. He'd make sure he'd win and move on, no matter what. Frozen had also seen that he was fighting Sledge Hoof. The same pony that was talking to Dynamo previously. "So, I'm fighting the one that sounds like Hagrid. Sounds simple enough as he doesn't seem like much of a threat. All bark and no bite." He narrowed his eyes slightly as he began going over different strategies to use. Dynamo's ears perked as he heard Kronos mention of staring the tournament off with a bang. Looking towards the cybernetic pony before heading off, Dynamo offered Kronos a smile. "G-Good luck, Kronos. You can do it." He would say, before Kronos had stepped out towards the ring. Even in the backstage area, he could hear the cyber pony trying to hype up the crowd. "At least he knows how to get the crowd psyched before a match." He chuckled at his friend's enthusiasm. Following behind Kronos, however, was a duck. It was odd seeing two streaks on the duck's head. What was even odder was that the streaks were flowing water, while bands of flowing water were on different parts of his body. From their upper legs, the middle of his wings and even the tip of his tail. The gaming unicorn was confused, but realization soon dawned upon him as he listened to the commentary. "I've heard of creatures like fruit bats and timber wolves, but never Torrent Ducks. It's pretty interesting that some creatures have elemental spirits being a part of them. I wonder if there are others elements like fire and wind that can be a part of ducks or other super natural creatures." He spoke his thoughts aloud as he walked over to where Samurai and Thundy were standing. 

The gaming unicorn tilted his head in confusion as to hearing Kronos' cry of a response. "Is he trying to get Pato's attention like making a noise for a cat, or is he trying to gauge his opponent's reaction?" He wondered as he didn't know Kronos for very long, but he wasn't expecting that kind of reaction from his friend. Whatever the reason, he just hoped that Kronos would be okay. He was given his answer as Pato had given a deep, hollow quack of a response. Whatever was going on, it looked like the duck was very angry as it began to rapidly flap his wings. What fascinated the unicorn was that the wings were liquified into water and expanded into two giant, swirling water tornadoes. "That's really impressive, but also pretty insane. If he can make these kinds of attacks, then I wonder what else he can do with water." He wondered, hoping that Kronos would be okay. Cosmic and the others had been observing the fight away from Dynamo and the others. Given that they weren't liked right now, they thought it'd be best to keep their distance. That wouldn't change the fact that they could gauge the competition. "So, it seems that there are other creatures out there that have a twist to them. Sort of like cragadiles from the Everfree Forest. Most interesting, I must say." Frozen commented, Cheap snickered at Kronos's cries. "Are you serious? What is he trying to do? Serenade the beast, or better yet. Trying to get that odd duck as a pet? Either way, he's really foolish for acting in such a way." He commented, Cosmic keep his eyes on the fight. "That duck is strong, but I can imagine there are glaring weaknesses. Take away the water or send the water somewhere else, then it's just a plain, old duck. That's just two ideas, but there are more. More importantly is if there is a limit to how much water that duck possess, or does it have a limit. The same can be said to the rust bucket. He's going against something that can potentially rust his metal body. Can he combat this, or is this the end of the line for him?" He asks, not caring what happens to either contestant. He was however, curious on who he could try and turn to his side if they impressed him enough.

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad @Samurai Equine

@Kronos the Revenant 

“Hey Dynamo, who are you up against?” Thundy asked as he heard a yell. “Ahh. Looks like Kronos is hyped.” He said hearing a quack. He couldn’t help but stifle a laugh. “Wait, he’s going against a duck??” He asked trying to hold back a laugh. 

@ExplosionMare @Starforce

Chelsea sensed something. “That duck isn’t a normal duck…it seems to have water abilities like…me…” Chelsea said. 

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine

Kronos’ eyes widened in shock and disbelief as the duck summoned a pair of water spouts. 

“Holy crap!!” Kronos replied in awe, “That’s awesome.”

Before the torrents washed up on Kronos, he anchored himself into the ring to prevent him from getting washed off. 

So, he thought, The duck’s a water elemental. I think i have just the thing to disable it.

Kronos began winding up his arms rather rapidly. The heat generated by the speed of his arms plus the water created a raincloud, somehow, and he got it dark enough to make lightning. He absorbed the lightning i to his arms and discharged them towards his opponent. 

• Brohoof 1

@Courageous Thunder Dash @Samurai Equine @Kronos the Revenant

Upon making his way over towards Thundy and Samurai, Dynamo's attention was drawn towards Thundy, as well as hearing his question. "Hey, you guys. From the looks of things, it says I'm going up against someone named Lightning Dust. I don't exactly know why, but the name sounds familiar." He says, nodding in agreement about the mention of Kronos. "You can say that again. He knows how to work the crowd. The first fight always has to start it off big." He explained, tilting his head as he thought he heard Thundy snickering. "I was sort of surprised by that too, but I wouldn't underestimate Pato. Based on what the judges have said, it looks like he's another kind of mythical creature. The idea of a water spirit being merged to a creature sounds interesting. Makes you wonder if there are other elemental spirits like that." He says, turning back towards the fight to see how Kronos would fare against his opponent.

Cheap, who had perked his ears up at the sound of possible snickering. Had smiled with glee as he cupped a hoof by his mouth to increase the volume of his yell. "Sounds like someone finally has a good sense of humor. Hope you were laughing at the metallic tin can because he'll be out of here in no time." He chuckled as he continued to watch the spectacle. Dynamo sighed softly as he tried to ignore the bullies attempts at getting under his and the his friend's furs. Turning his attention back towards the fight, he raised an eyebrow as he heard Kronos's exclamation. If it were him, then the gaming unicorn would be feeling worried at what he was dealing with. That, as well as trying to figure out what he had to do in order to combat the situation. Even so, he did find the attack to be impressive for a creature he had never seen before. "It looks like Kronos is enjoying himself. I guess no matter who or what you go up against. As long as you have fun and try to improve, then the fight is a success, or something along those lines." He would say, watching as the metallic pony had begun to spin his arms rapidly. Squinting his eyes as he thought he could see heat levitating off of Kronos from the speed of his arms. The heat seemed to have mixed with the spouts of water to create a raincloud, before turning dark enough to become a lightning cloud. As Kronos absorbed the lightning to launch the discharge, Dynamo's eyes widened in realization. "Oh, I get it now!"

Glancing at the two, he made sure they had his attention, before looking back towards the fight. "I thought he was going to use heat to clash into the water to turn into steam. Meaning that either one can't see each other, but can't attack without taking a risk. Kronos, however, has the right idea. I know it's not Pokemon where electric beats water, but I guess it's arguable that the same rules applies here. If the lightning is strong enough to cut through the water, then he could beat the attack and still shock Pato." He explained, admiring Kronos' strategic battle tactics. "I could have said that in a much more simpler and faster way, but the loud mouth went and said it." Frozen rolled his eyes with a shake of his head. "Oh, just drop it let him have this one." Cosmic glanced to Frozen, before turning his attention to the two fighters. "Who cares as it was obvious to everyone in the room. Besides, he has to generate enough lightning to try and even cut through the water tornadoes. Even if it works, that bird can fly. All Rust Bucket did was generate possibly more water for the duck. A bad gamble if you ask me."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad @Kronos the Revenant @Samurai Equine

Cheap’s remark caused Thundy to let out a laugh. “You must be from another planet if you think that duck is gonna beat Kronos. Even if he has some sort of water ability, Kronos is smart, really smart. Don’t underestimate him.” Thundy said to Cheap. 

Upon hearing the name Lightning Dust, Thundy’s ears perked up. “Hold up, I know that name. Word got out she was kicked from the Wonderbolt Academy for being reckless and putting everyone in danger. She formed The Washouts, who are basically Wonderbolt rejects. Pft, Lightning Dust’s recklessness is gonna cost her. You got this Dynamo.  

@Courageous Thunder Dash @Kronos the Revenant @Samurai Equine

Hearing Thundy's laugh had caused Cheap to raise an eyebrow in mock curiosity. "Huh?" He extended his face forward as if he wanted to understand what Thundy was trying to say. All the while, not having a care in the world. "In case you don't know Sparkler, I'm from Equestria. I can't say the same about you, though. Considering your lightning powers are not considered normal by Equestrian standards. Also, seriously!? I don't care who wins or loses. Although, I'd prefer the duck to win to feel more like an insult to lose to a pathetic creature, but that's just me. Sure, Rust Bucket might be smart, but he should be careful, or he'll short circuit and lose." Cheap gave a smug grin, before Cosmic gave a groan in annoyance. "If you two are done trying to see who can out laugh the other, then can you two cease with the chatter. That, or you can just kiss, make up and get a move on already. It's starting to drive my nerves up the wall for crying out loud." He narrowed his eyes as he tried to use his front hooves to massage his temples. Thinking about Cosmic's offer caused Cheap to make a gagging noise, before looking away. "No thanks, but fine. Sheesh. I was just trying to have some fun." He muttered softly to himself, Frozen picking up on the remark. "You say fun, but it's more of trying to be a heckler. We're already on everyone's bad side, so there's no logical sense as to why we need more trouble on our backs. Just wait your turn like everyone else and we'll be good to go."

Dynamo wanted to stand up for Thundy as he didn't like his friend and brother to be insulted by Cosmic and the others. However, he knew that he shouldn't get involved, or Cosmic's team would never stop speaking to them. Looking over towards the griffon, he gave his friend an apologetic expression. "I'm really sorry about them, Thundy. I don't get why they have to always have the last word or try to act the way that they do. It's always been like that whenever I joined in a video game tournament, or or when working at the arcade back in Fillydelphia." He sighed, shaking his head as he recalled a number of times with that happening. He chose to ignore it, however, as he knew he shouldn't dwell on the past. As he listened to the griffon mention that he knew of his opponent's name. Dynamo had raised an eyebrow as he thought a bit of information would be good to know. "Wait a minute. She was kicked out of the Wonderbolts Academy?" As he heard the name 'Wonderbolt Academ', Dynamo's eyes widened in realization. "Now I remember why I felt her name was familiar. Back during the times I went with my dad to the race track for his job. He would always sign racer's in and give them a number whenever they had to do a race. Whether it be just a straightaway race or a couple of laps around the track. There were a couple of times that the Wonderbolts had shown up as they went to a couple of tracks around Equestria to practice with other racers. I heard from Spitfire and Soarin mention a couple of up and coming bolts that could possibly make the reserve team. One of them being Rainbow Dash, of course. However, I heard them mention someone that was way too reckless and endangered the lives of others. Now that you mentioned it, I remember it was Lightning Dust, but I didn't want to assume. I hadn't seen the Wonderbolts in a while, so I didn't know anything being mentioned about the Washouts. I guess it's sort of like trying to show the Wonderbolts to regret rejecting them. Possibly making them rivals of some sort?" He asks, shrugging his shoulders as he wasn't entirely sure. Even though he slightly nodded at Thundy's comment of having this, he still didn't want to underestimate his opponent.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad @Samurai Equine @Kronos the Revenant

Sparks of electricity crackled around Thundy. "Well, your type of fun is different from my type of fun. I've got my eye on you three. Karma's gonna kick all of you to the curve. You just watch." Thundy said to the trio. 

He then turned to Dynamo. "As I said, what goes around comes around. And yep, the day that Lightning Dust was kicked out of the Wonderbolt Academy, was the day the rivalry between her and Rainbow Dash began. Still to this very day, Lightning has failed to get her revenge. Heck, she ended up in the hospital several times, and yet she still doesn't get it. Go out there and give her the wake up call she needs." Thundy stated. 

• Brohoof 1

@Kronos the Revenant

"...Is that a storm cloud?!" Elusive asks. "Wherever is it coming from?" Straightaway wonders.

Thankfully, the tournament staff are ready. Using their magic, they deflect any water pouring out of the arena's bounds, making sure it never reaches the audience. And somehow, Kronos' attack works! The electric volts travel across the water and end up zapping Pato, making him jump and quack in pain. It's enough to make him stop his double barrel tidal waves. Pato stumbles around weakly at first, but then his whole body turns into a puddle!

"Oh my! What do the rules say when an opponent turns into something like that?" Mayor White asks. "I think we are about to find out!." Straightaway points it out. "It's moving?!" Elusive says, surprised.

Indeed, the puddle has begun to randomly move and slide across the surface of the arena, never staying in one spot. It seems to move around Kronos once or twice before moving in close. Pato's head materializes and pops out of the puddle, but only long enough to snap his beak at Kronos' ankle. He turns full puddle again and moves around, only to try and 'bite' his other ankle. This goes on and on; needless to say that his duck bill doesn't really hurt that badly. For a regular fighter, such attacks could possibly build up to something painful over time. Is Pato perhaps trying to find a flaw in Kronos' armor?

@Courageous Thunder Dash, @Dynamo Pad

The other fighters have collectively decided to scatter to different rooms backstage. Lightning Dusk herself is in the gym, getting some training in while this fight goes on. But if anyone wants to check out the competition, learn more about who they are all facing against, that is a perfectly feasible option. Sledge Hoof is all ready going to grab himself a snack.

"Part of me wonders if it's fair to fight an animal like this, but I guess Pato can hold his own. I'm just glad I'm not in there right now." Samurai says casually as he watches the fight. "Alhimar, Fold, and Henry..." He also contemplates the immediate opponents he'll have to face.

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine @Dynamo Pad @Kronos the Revenant

Thundy observed the fight between Kronos and Pato. "Just like Chelsea...but Chelsea could do way more..." Thundy said to himself as he saw Pato transform into a puddle, after taking a zap from one of Kronos's attacks. He then turned and observed the other fighters. "Sure wish they had multiple rings like in the prelims..." Thundy added. 

• Brohoof 1